Windows 10: How to register home built pc to microsoft account?

Discus and support How to register home built pc to microsoft account? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Microsoft Account doesn't recognize my motherboard Gigabyte serial number when I try to add my home built pc to my microsoft account. Running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Trader Dane, Oct 28, 2023.

1. How to register home built pc to microsoft account?

My Microsoft Account doesn't recognize my motherboard Gigabyte serial number when I try to add my home built pc to my microsoft account. Running windows 10. Is there another way to register a home build pc?

:)

Trader Dane, Oct 28, 2023
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

register PC with microsoft; use local account to log in

Just simply log in with your Microsoft Account.
    Switch to Microsoft Account in Windows 10

Just go back to using a local account:
    Switch to Local Account in Windows 10

Hopefully the tutorials are step by step enough.

NavyLCDR, Oct 28, 2023
  3. needsleep Win User
    register PC with microsoft; use local account to log in

I bought a used laptop running Win 10 Pro. winver reports 1809.
    How do I register my PC with my Microsoft account?
    But when I'm done, I'd like to use my local account each time to log in.
    Please tell me how to do that.
    I am very new at Win 10, and need step by step instructions.

Thanks,

needsleep, Oct 28, 2023
  4. Brink Win User

How to register home built pc to microsoft account?

Undo Built-in Administrator Account tied to a Microsoft Account

Hello @Converseallstar95, How to register home built pc to microsoft account? :)

Could it be that the built-in Administrator may just be signed in to the Store app with the Microsoft account?

If so, then you could reset the "Microsoft Store" app back to default to see if that may remove the association.

*Arrow Reset App in Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials

If not, then check to see if it may be listed using step 3 in Option Two below, and can be removed.

*Arrow Add or Delete Account in Windows 10 Mail app Browsers Email Tutorials

Brink, Oct 28, 2023
Thema:

How to register home built pc to microsoft account?

1. How to register home built pc to microsoft account? - Similar Threads - register home built

2. How to register home built pc to microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to register home built pc to microsoft account?: My Microsoft Account doesn't recognize my motherboard Gigabyte serial number when I try to add my home built pc to my microsoft account. Running windows 10. Is there another way to register a home build pc?...
  3. How to register home built pc to microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to register home built pc to microsoft account?: My Microsoft Account doesn't recognize my motherboard Gigabyte serial number when I try to add my home built pc to my microsoft account. Running windows 10. Is there another way to register a home build pc?...
  4. how to register dell device on microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to register dell device on microsoft account?: I tried to register dell device on microsoft account for which it asks about serial number. Serial number provided on dell device is not working...
  5. how to register dell device on microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to register dell device on microsoft account?: I tried to register dell device on microsoft account for which it asks about serial number. Serial number provided on dell device is not working...
  6. Register device with Microsoft account.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Register device with Microsoft account.: Is there any benefit to registering my desktop PC as a device in my Microsoft account? Is there any way to do this without creating a Microsoft account on the local PC? 175892
  7. Register device with Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Register device with Microsoft account.: Is there any benefit to registering my desktop PC as a device in my Microsoft account? Is there any way to do this without creating a Microsoft account on the local PC? 175892
  8. Registering Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Registering Microsoft Account: This has to be a common problem. I am setting up a new computer with Microsoft. I do not live in the U.S. but my official address is in the States. That includes what I use for my U.S. bank account. I entered all billing info correctly. e.g. credit card #, etc. My credit...
  9. register PC with microsoft; use local account to log in

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    register PC with microsoft; use local account to log in: I bought a used laptop running Win 10 Pro. winver reports 1809. How do I register my PC with my Microsoft account? But when I'm done, I'd like to use my local account each time to log in. Please tell me how to do that. I am very new at Win 10, and need step by step...
  10. Microsoft Live Account - Can't register

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Live Account - Can't register: I am trying to set up a Microsoft account to access Cortana, but MS keep on rejecting my password because of unacceptable characters. The password I want to use (I will change it) is Wacfr0[Live0] - it has at least 2 upper case characters, at least 2 lower case characters, at...