Windows 10: How to regain access to a locked UEFI or boot into BIOS instead of UEFI

Discus and support How to regain access to a locked UEFI or boot into BIOS instead of UEFI in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hiii! So I want to reinstall windows on my laptop and the problem that the boot manager doesn't show my USB, its fine working and shows up on all of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by a7bredbull, Oct 22, 2024 at 2:42 AM.

1. How to regain access to a locked UEFI or boot into BIOS instead of UEFI

Hiii! So I want to reinstall windows on my laptop and the problem that the boot manager doesn't show my USB, its fine working and shows up on all of my devices including the laptop that needs reinstallation, but boot manager doesn't want to show it, the second problem as the title hints, I booted into UEFI from Choose an option screen and it shows a small blue box says System Password so how do I boot into BIOS instead of UEFI or whats the key for it?

:)

2. Alexodd Win User

Windows fails to detect UEFI BIOS, assumes Legacy instead

Hi,

Due to some string of events, my computer has quick boot enabled in BIOS. I need to load UEFI to change some things, and am unable to because this setting is enabled. I assumed there was a way to reboot into UEFI from inside Windows 10, so I looked up how
    and found the answer: There is an option in the "Advanced startup" menus to do this. Unfortunately, this option seems to be hidden if Windows 10 erroneously detects that you are using legacy BIOS instead of UEFI. This appears to be the case in my current install
    (in MSINFO the BIOS Mode is set to Legacy).

My questions are:

• How do I change BIOS Mode to UEFI in my current install?
    • How do I make sure this remains the case in future OS resets/reformats?
    • Similarly, when building other computers in the future, how do I make sure Windows 10 does not make this same error?

My questions are not:

• How do I access my BIOS despite Windows 10 misidentifying my BIOS Mode?

Thank you for your time,

Alex

3. How do I access BIOS if I have a Legacy motherboard instead of UEFI?

I am trying to overclock my CPU, but I can't seem to access the BIOS screen when I mash the BIOS key on boot.

It seems like it has something to do with the fact that my motherboard BIOS type is listed as Legacy instead of UEFI.

How do I access BIOS if every solution fails?

Solutions I've tried:

Spamming the BIOS key on boot

Shift-clicking the restart button (no UEFI settings in that menu)

Disabling fast boot

Using a shutdown tf switch shortcut

Everything about my system is perfect for overclocking, it runs cold, it passes stress tests, and it runs at low capacity with a very very demanding game playing, but I need its speed to match its strength.

Eric Hullaby, Oct 22, 2024 at 2:45 AM
  4. How to regain access to a locked UEFI or boot into BIOS instead of UEFI

I cannot access bios or UEFI

Hi Cracked,

I'm Rodrigo and I will help you.

The right button to press to access the BIOS/UEFI is "Del" or "F2", if it is not working there's another path to access it using Windows. On the worst case, if all other options does not work, remove the CMOS battery to reset the BIOS/UEFI setup and be able to access the BIOS/UEFI (needed on some systems that yo can enable the "ultra fast boot")

Rodrigo.Queiroz, Oct 22, 2024 at 2:45 AM
Thema:

How to regain access to a locked UEFI or boot into BIOS instead of UEFI

1. How to regain access to a locked UEFI or boot into BIOS instead of UEFI - Similar Threads - regain access locked

2. How to regain access to a locked UEFI or boot into BIOS instead of UEFI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to regain access to a locked UEFI or boot into BIOS instead of UEFI: Hiii! So I want to reinstall windows on my laptop and the problem that the boot manager doesn't show my USB, its fine working and shows up on all of my devices including the laptop that needs reinstallation, but boot manager doesn't want to show it, the second problem as the...
  3. How to regain access to a locked UEFI or boot into BIOS instead of UEFI

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to regain access to a locked UEFI or boot into BIOS instead of UEFI: Hiii! So I want to reinstall windows on my laptop and the problem that the boot manager doesn't show my USB, its fine working and shows up on all of my devices including the laptop that needs reinstallation, but boot manager doesn't want to show it, the second problem as the...
  4. How to access UEFI on Legacy BIOS??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to access UEFI on Legacy BIOS??: Hi, I recently bought a PC, Windows 10, and have been trying to convert my BIOS from MBR Legacy to UEFI. I have entered BIOS multiple times and did Troubleshoot>Advanced Settings but can only see start-up settings as an option. No UEFI firmware settings, or anything other...
  5. How to access UEFI on Legacy BIOS??

How to access UEFI on Legacy BIOS??: Hi, I recently bought a PC, Windows 10, and have been trying to convert my BIOS from MBR Legacy to UEFI. I have entered BIOS multiple times and did Troubleshoot>Advanced Settings but can only see start-up settings as an option. No UEFI firmware settings, or anything other...
  6. How to access UEFI on Legacy BIOS??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. UEFI boot entry in BIOS

UEFI boot entry in BIOS: Dell Inspiron 15 3515 Windows 10.In my Inspiron I have two internal SSDs, one came as standard and is 125 GB and I added my own 500 GB SSD. I cloned the smaller SSD to the larger one and by using BCDBOOT was able to chose which to boot from at startup. Both boot up just fine....
  8. UEFI boot entry in BIOS

in Windows 10 Customization
    UEFI boot entry in BIOS: Dell Inspiron 15 3515 Windows 10.In my Inspiron I have two internal SSDs, one came as standard and is 125 GB and I added my own 500 GB SSD. I cloned the smaller SSD to the larger one and by using BCDBOOT was able to chose which to boot from at startup. Both boot up just fine....
  9. UEFI instead of BIOS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    UEFI instead of BIOS: Hi guys. So recently i've been checking out my system components and my BIOS seems to be outdated. First of all i want to install UEFI instead of BIOS, and secondly, it says 'Outdated' next to the 'BIOS', which i believe is a bad thing? Even tho google tells me that i don't...
  10. Bios order of boot and UEFI

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bios order of boot and UEFI: Hi there, what is the optimum order of "boot" you need to set the bios at for a quicker start-up? And where do you place the UEFI component in relation to the actual firmware in the order of boot? Thank you, Robert....