Windows 10: how to reduce taskbar icon size in windows 11, but I cant find "Taskbar appearance"...

Discus and support how to reduce taskbar icon size in windows 11, but I cant find "Taskbar appearance"... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; How to reduce taskbar icon size in windows 11, there is no Taskbar appearance. After last update couple ours ago, size of taskbar icons has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Slavko Rosul, Sep 11, 2024.

1. how to reduce taskbar icon size in windows 11, but I cant find "Taskbar appearance"...

How to reduce taskbar icon size in windows 11, there is no Taskbar appearance. After last update couple ours ago, size of taskbar icons has increased.Thank you

:)

Slavko Rosul, Sep 11, 2024
  2. sharonVJ Win User

Windows 11 Taskbar icons - how to reduce size to same as Windows 10

• Just updated from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11.
    • The taskbar icons are TWICE the size of the taskbar icons in Windows 10
    • Nothing in settings to reduce the size.
    • Googled and apparently I'm not the only one not happy that the small taskbar icons in Windows 10 have been removed in Windows 11
    • Is Microsoft going to reinstate the small taskbar icons?
    If the small taskbar icons, as in Windows 10, aren't going to be reinstated - Can I roll back from Windows 11 to Windows 10 Pro (note Windows 10 PRO)?

Thank you.

sharonVJ, Sep 11, 2024
  3. jacsdad Win User
    Taskbar icon size

When I first upgraded to Windows 11, the one problem I had was the size of the icons in the Taskbar. Being visually changed, they were just too small.

After some digging, I found a YouTube video by Kevin Stratvert ( ), that, in five steps, resolved the issue. This made the icons about the same size as small desktop icons (Ctrl+Shift+4). This was perfect and I have been quited satisfied with Windows 11 ever since.

Resize icons on taskbar:

1. Location in registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced
    2. Click New and then DWORD (32-bit) Value
    3. Set the name of the DWORD Value as “TaskbarSi” and hit the Enter key to save changes.
    4. Large taskbar – TaskbarSi value 2
    5. Restart Windows Explorer

Since applying 2023-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5022913), the icons have reverted tom the original small size, so again, they are difficult to interpret quickly. I have removed the TaskbarSI from the registry and restarted Windows Explorer, the went through the steps above (adding TaskbarSi back), to no avail.

Has anyone else encountered this and are there any known tweaks that will restore the icons to their larger size.

jacsdad, Sep 11, 2024
  4. how to reduce taskbar icon size in windows 11, but I cant find "Taskbar appearance"...

Hi sharonVJ,

Its a pleasure to help you with this,

Yes, in Windows 11 the default taskbar icons are indeed larger than the Windows 10 taskbar. As far as I know, there is no built-in option to reduce the size of taskbar icons in Windows 11 via settings . It is important to say that Microsoft can indeed introduce updates, including those options that you want.

Related to going back to Windows 10, it is normal to revert from an operating system to a previous one after an upgrade period.

Yours Sincerely

Elaine

Elaine S. S., Sep 11, 2024
Thema:

how to reduce taskbar icon size in windows 11, but I cant find "Taskbar appearance"...

1. how to reduce taskbar icon size in windows 11, but I cant find "Taskbar appearance"... - Similar Threads - reduce taskbar icon

2. how to reduce taskbar icon size in windows 11, but I cant find "Taskbar appearance"...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to reduce taskbar icon size in windows 11, but I cant find "Taskbar appearance"...: How to reduce taskbar icon size in windows 11, there is no Taskbar appearance. After last update couple ours ago, size of taskbar icons has increased.Thank you...
  3. how to reduce taskbar icon size in windows 11, but I cant find "Taskbar appearance"...

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to reduce taskbar icon size in windows 11, but I cant find "Taskbar appearance"...: How to reduce taskbar icon size in windows 11, there is no Taskbar appearance. After last update couple ours ago, size of taskbar icons has increased.Thank you...
  4. Cannot reduce taskbar size in W11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot reduce taskbar size in W11: The taskbar is humongous, takes precious space on the desktop. Clock and date are shown in two rows, not in one as I used to have it. I tried to change it using the regedit as suggested on one of the other sites: I went to...
  5. Windows 11 Taskbar icons - how to reduce size to same as Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Taskbar icons - how to reduce size to same as Windows 10: Windows 11 Taskbar icons - how to reduce size to same as Windows 10Just updated from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11. The taskbar icons are TWICE the size of the taskbar icons in Windows 10Nothing in settings to reduce the size.Googled and apparently I'm not the only one not...
  6. Windows 11 Taskbar icons - how to reduce size to same as Windows 10

Windows 11 Taskbar icons - how to reduce size to same as Windows 10: Windows 11 Taskbar icons - how to reduce size to same as Windows 10Just updated from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11. The taskbar icons are TWICE the size of the taskbar icons in Windows 10Nothing in settings to reduce the size.Googled and apparently I'm not the only one not...
  7. What's going on with Taskbar sizing and taskbar icon sizing in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's going on with Taskbar sizing and taskbar icon sizing in Windows 11?: I am old and my vision is not as sharp as it used to be. In Windows 10 I could right click at the top of the taskbar and raise or lower it to change the size of the taskbar. I could also select the icon size. All this seems to have disappeared with KB5022913. I can no longer...
  8. What's going on with Taskbar sizing and taskbar icon sizing in Windows 11?

What's going on with Taskbar sizing and taskbar icon sizing in Windows 11?: I am old and my vision is not as sharp as it used to be. In Windows 10 I could right click at the top of the taskbar and raise or lower it to change the size of the taskbar. I could also select the icon size. All this seems to have disappeared with KB5022913. I can no longer...
  9. How to change the size of taskbar icons in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the size of taskbar icons in Windows 11: Hello,I just updated to Windows 11 from Windows 10 and noticed that the taskbar icons are larger, which I do not like. There doesn't seem to be an option to make them smaller or, at least, I can't find one. Is there a way to change their size?Thanks,Daffy D...
  10. How to change the size of taskbar icons in Windows 11

How to change the size of taskbar icons in Windows 11: Hello,I just updated to Windows 11 from Windows 10 and noticed that the taskbar icons are larger, which I do not like. There doesn't seem to be an option to make them smaller or, at least, I can't find one. Is there a way to change their size?Thanks,Daffy D...