Windows 10: How to proceed after Windows 10 hangs on spinning dots when booting after update?

Discus and support How to proceed after Windows 10 hangs on spinning dots when booting after update? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a computer that updated and then won't finish booting. It hangs on a black screen with the blue window and spinning dots. It is a ASRock Z87... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Fee336, Dec 12, 2022.

1. Fee336 Win User

How to proceed after Windows 10 hangs on spinning dots when booting after update?

I have a computer that updated and then won't finish booting. It hangs on a black screen with the blue window and spinning dots. It is a ASRock Z87 Extreme6 motherboard and Intel Core i3-4130T processor attempting to update Windows 10.When trying to boot from a USB drive with Windows installation media, the boot hangs on a black screen with the ASRock logo and spinning dots.How do I move past the spinning dots?

:)

Fee336, Dec 12, 2022
  2. Fee336 Win User

How to proceed after Windows 10 hangs on spinning dots when booting after update?

I have a computer that updated and then won't finish booting. It hangs on a black screen with the blue window and spinning dots. It is a ASRock Z87 Extreme6 motherboard and Intel Core i3-4130T processor attempting to update Windows 10.

When trying to boot from a USB drive with Windows installation media, the boot hangs on a black screen with the ASRock logo and spinning dots.

How do I move past the spinning dots?

Fee336, Dec 13, 2022
  3. adishavit Win User
    Windows 10 hangs on spinning dots

Hi,

I've got a Windows 10 laptop that was automatically upgraded from Windows 8.1. It was working fine for a few months. Suddenly it just hangs on boot. It gets to the blue screen with the spinning white dots.

Pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del brings me to the login screen but with only a restart and shutdown option.

I can boot into safe mode, but I don't know what to do there.

I've tried various suggestions from around the web, but to no avail.

Please advise.

Thanks!

adishavit, Dec 13, 2022
  4. WhiskHigh Win User

Windows 10 hangs on spinning dots

same issue - spinning dots, blue screen takes hours to boot and get to the login screen. just hangs at the spinning dots just prior to the login screen. I tried EVERYTHING and eventually had to load everything from scratch new build.

safe mode worked fine - clean boot with nothing in startup didn't work. Something about passport error messages in event log though not sure if that is related.

PC was running for 5 months no problem prior. Was an upgrade from windows 7.

What could cause this?

WhiskHigh, Dec 13, 2022
Thema:

1. How to proceed after Windows 10 hangs on spinning dots when booting after update? - Similar Threads - proceed hangs spinning

2. Spinning dots freeze after windows installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spinning dots freeze after windows installation: Hi , i need some help here, i power on my laptop but it stuck on spinning dots without logo, i tried all the solutions and it didnt get fixed, so i brought a windows instalation USB and formated the pc as normal. After it finished installation it rebooted and the spinning dot...
  3. Spinning dots freeze after windows installation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Spinning dots freeze after windows installation: Hi , i need some help here, i power on my laptop but it stuck on spinning dots without logo, i tried all the solutions and it didnt get fixed, so i brought a windows instalation USB and formated the pc as normal. After it finished installation it rebooted and the spinning dot...
  4. How to proceed after Windows 10 hangs on spinning dots when booting after update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to proceed after Windows 10 hangs on spinning dots when booting after update?: I have a computer that updated and then won't finish booting. It hangs on a black screen with the blue window and spinning dots. It is a ASRock Z87 Extreme6 motherboard and Intel Core i3-4130T processor attempting to update Windows 10.When trying to boot from a USB drive with...
  5. How to proceed after Windows 10 hangs on spinning dots when booting after update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to proceed after Windows 10 hangs on spinning dots when booting after update?: I have a computer that updated and then won't finish booting. It hangs on a black screen with the blue window and spinning dots. It is a ASRock Z87 Extreme6 motherboard and Intel Core i3-4130T processor attempting to update Windows 10.When trying to boot from a USB drive with...
  6. Windows 10 Booting Without spinning dots

Windows 10 Booting Without spinning dots: when i turn on my laptop when windows is starting up i see the logo but the spinning dots don’t appear but it still boots into windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-booting-without-spinning-dots/08b0d5d4-5c79-4e1e-8920-c4320c895db8
  7. Spinning dots on Windows 10 Boot !HELP!

Spinning dots on Windows 10 Boot !HELP!: Hey all, looking for support with this one so I can get back to enjoying my computer during isolation! For the past 3 days my desktop computer has been stuck on the Windows 10 boot screen with the windows logo with spinning dots, and also sometimes just a black screen with...
  8. Stuck with a black screen with the spinning dot after an update

Stuck with a black screen with the spinning dot after an update: Hello! Yesterday I update my Windows and then it booted up correctly, no issues. I shut down my PC last night now I turned it on to work and it appears that it boots correctly but I see a black screen with the spinning dot on top or everything. I can log in and see the task...
  9. Windows 10 boot stuck on spinning dots

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 boot stuck on spinning dots: Hey, so to start with, I have a gaming pc and a mac. My macs hardrive (bootcamped windows 10) wasnt working. So to test if its still alive, I plugged it into my gaming pc (set it as my first boot option) to see if itll boot.. and it did. The issue arises when I unplug...
  10. Windows 10 Hangs at Spinning wheel after running chkdsk at boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Hangs at Spinning wheel after running chkdsk at boot: If I run chkdsk at a command prompt, and set it to run at boot, Windows 10 gets hung with a spinning wheel after completing the chkdsk. It does this for any disk, not just C: at boot, it runs the chkdsk to completion but then hands at spinning wheel after. screen says,...