Windows 10: How to prevent Windows 11 Home from automatically updating the driver for a specific device?

Discus and support How to prevent Windows 11 Home from automatically updating the driver for a specific device? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently installed the latest AMD graphic driver for my computer, but Windows Update keeps automatically downgrading the driver to an older version.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jakub Czepiec, Feb 20, 2023.

1. How to prevent Windows 11 Home from automatically updating the driver for a specific device?

I recently installed the latest AMD graphic driver for my computer, but Windows Update keeps automatically downgrading the driver to an older version. I need to use the latest driver for my work, and I want to prevent Windows from updating this driver automatically. I have tried disabling the automatic driver updates in Windows Update settings, but it does not seem to work for this specific driver. I also cannot use the Group Policy Editor since I am on Windows 11 Home. How can I prevent Windows from automatically updating the driver for my AMD GPU?Thank you.

:)

Jakub Czepiec, Feb 20, 2023
  2. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Feb 20, 2023
  3. dalchina Win User
    Is there any way to prevent automatic driver updates?

Search tutorials list
    Windows 10 Tutorial Index
    for driver

Specific:
    Prevent Windows Update from Updating Specific Device Driver

All:
    Turn On or Off Device Driver Automatic Installation in Windows 10

Not via WU:
    Enable or Disable Driver Updates in Windows Update in Windows 10

Disable particular update:
    Hide or Show Windows Updates in Windows 10

- and see linked list of related tutorials below the main text

Note that occasionally updates are handled by means other than Windows Update.

And if none of those work for YOU (for whatever reason, technical or personal preference) then take complete control using a free 3rd party program which allow you to manually scan and choose what to download. E.g. Option 7
    Enable or Disable Windows Update Automatic Updates in Windows 10

dalchina, Feb 20, 2023
  4. How to prevent Windows 11 Home from automatically updating the driver for a specific device?

windows 11 automatic update

How can I prevent automatic updating a specific driver in Windows 11, leaving other updates as usual.?

1. Press Windows + S keys together to open Search
    2. Now type Device installation settings
    3. Click on Change Device installation settings and then select the option No (your device might not work as expected)
    4. Now click on Save Changes
    I followed this steps already and every time i restart my computer it updates anyway. what can i do?

S.Iluyshin, Feb 20, 2023
Thema:

How to prevent Windows 11 Home from automatically updating the driver for a specific device?

1. How to prevent Windows 11 Home from automatically updating the driver for a specific device? - Similar Threads - prevent Home automatically

2. How to prevent automatic Windows 11 updates from overwriting critical driver versions?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent automatic Windows 11 updates from overwriting critical driver versions?: I'm playing Warzone 3 on Windows 11, and this game requires an Intel graphics driver version 49 or higher to run properly. I download and install the latest driver version version 53 from Intel's website, and the game runs fine. However, Windows automatically attempts to...
  3. How to prevent automatic Windows 11 updates from overwriting critical driver versions?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to prevent automatic Windows 11 updates from overwriting critical driver versions?: I'm playing Warzone 3 on Windows 11, and this game requires an Intel graphics driver version 49 or higher to run properly. I download and install the latest driver version version 53 from Intel's website, and the game runs fine. However, Windows automatically attempts to...
  4. How to prevent Windows 11 Home from automatically updating the driver for a specific device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent Windows 11 Home from automatically updating the driver for a specific device?: I recently installed the latest AMD graphic driver for my computer, but Windows Update keeps automatically downgrading the driver to an older version. I need to use the latest driver for my work, and I want to prevent Windows from updating this driver automatically. I have...
  5. How can I prevent automatic updating a specific driver in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I prevent automatic updating a specific driver in Windows 11?: amd error when windows update driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-prevent-automatic-updating-a-specific/5dec9048-21cb-43c1-b9ad-ea5fc3485f6b
  6. How can I prevent automatic updating a specific driver in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I prevent automatic updating a specific driver in Windows 11?: amd error when windows update driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-prevent-automatic-updating-a-specific/5dec9048-21cb-43c1-b9ad-ea5fc3485f6b
  7. How can I prevent automatic updating a specific driver OEM customized drivers in Windows 10...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I prevent automatic updating a specific driver OEM customized drivers in Windows 10...: actually, the problem was already noticed by AMD and given a solution, but even after following the Microsoft and AMD recommend step, it still doesn't affect the installation of OEM customized drivers for AMD, I just don't want the OEM customized drivers for AMD to install...
  8. How can I prevent automatic updating a specific driver in Windows 10 Home?

How can I prevent automatic updating a specific driver in Windows 10 Home?: Hello to everybody, I have Realtek 8822CE wireless adapter installed in my Lenovo IdeaPad Laptop running Windows 10 Home, build 10.0.19042. I'm not able to connect to my home WiFi network with two latest versions of Realtek drivers 2024.0.8.129 of 04.11.2020 is the latest...
  9. How to prevent Windows from automatically installing drivers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to prevent Windows from automatically installing drivers?: Hello all, I’ve been trying to tackle this issue all day and it’s starting to drive me mad. I was troubleshooting something else on my system and I realized that I have a piece of hardware that has never been installed correctly. This is the device I’m trying I’m trying to...
  10. How to prevent a network driver from automatically installing? Specifically, Intel - Net -...

How to prevent a network driver from automatically installing? Specifically, Intel - Net -...: Okay, the reason why I want to prevent this exact update from installing is because it causes a Wifi malfunction for me, wherein every other 20 minutes or so, the Wifi will automatically disconnect, and I have to manually reconnect to the wifi after 1 minute. It is extremely...