Windows 10: How to prevent automatic upgrade of .NET Framework from 4.8 to 4.8.1

Discus and support How to prevent automatic upgrade of .NET Framework from 4.8 to 4.8.1 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a question regarding the prevention of .NET Framework updates through Group Policy. Despite setting the following Group Policy to "Disabled,"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KayoM, May 16, 2024.

1. KayoM Win User

How to prevent automatic upgrade of .NET Framework from 4.8 to 4.8.1

I have a question regarding the prevention of .NET Framework updates through Group Policy. Despite setting the following Group Policy to "Disabled," the KB5011048 update is still being automatically applied, resulting in .NET Framework being upgraded from version 4.8 to 4.8.1 on both Windows 11 version 21H2 and Windows 10 version 22H2.Group Policy Path:Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update > Configure Automatic UpdatesI set it to "Disabled".How can I configure Group Policy to prevent the automatic application of KB5011048, thereby k

:)

KayoM, May 16, 2024
  2. Brink Win User

Announcing .NET 8 Preview 4

Read more: https://devblogs.microsoft.com/dotne...t-8-preview-4/

Brink, May 16, 2024
  3. Net framework 4

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

We also thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Method 1:

For uninstalling a program, follow the steps below:

Step 1: Open run command by pressing
    Windows key + R.

Step 2: Type
    appwiz.cpl. You can see a list of programs installed in your PC.

Step 3: Click on the program you want to install. Uninstall option will get highlighted.

Step 4: Click Uninstall to uninstall the program.

Method 2:

To Turn Windows feature on/off, follow the steps below:

For uninstalling a program, follow the steps below.

Step 1: Open run command by pressing
    Windows key + R.

Step 2: Type
    appwiz.cpl. On the left side panel select Turn Windows feature on or off
    option.

Step 3: In the appeared window, check the option
    .net framework. It will now appear in the Programs and features
    page

Step 4: Click on
    .net framework and uninstall.

Hope this helps!

Get back to us if you have queries regarding Windows, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you,

Microsoft Community.

Likhitha V, May 16, 2024
  4. How to prevent automatic upgrade of .NET Framework from 4.8 to 4.8.1

In regard to Microsoft .NET Framework 4 install problem

Hello,

I realize your concern. Let me help you with this issue.

To assist you better, share the information.
    1. How did you uninstall the Microsoft .NET Framework 4?
    2. From where are you trying to download the Microsoft .NET Framework 4?

Meanwhile, I suggest you to follow the below steps.
    1. Press Windows + X, and select programs and features.

2. In the Programs and Features window, click Turn Windows features on or off.

3. Under Windows Features dialog, uncheck .NET Framework 4 and click Ok
    when if prompt confirmation.

4. Reboot your PC.

5. Once you reach desktop screen, reopen the Windows Features dialog, and this time
    enable the .NET Framework 4 checkbox, and click Ok.

Do let us know the update.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, May 16, 2024
Thema:

How to prevent automatic upgrade of .NET Framework from 4.8 to 4.8.1

1. How to prevent automatic upgrade of .NET Framework from 4.8 to 4.8.1 - Similar Threads - prevent automatic upgrade

2. How to prevent automatic upgrade of .NET Framework from 4.8 to 4.8.1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent automatic upgrade of .NET Framework from 4.8 to 4.8.1: I have a question regarding the prevention of .NET Framework updates through Group Policy. Despite setting the following Group Policy to "Disabled," the KB5011048 update is still being automatically applied, resulting in .NET Framework being upgraded from version 4.8 to 4.8.1...
  3. .NET Framework 8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .NET Framework 8: Hi,I hope this message finds you well. I am inquiring about the possibility of using .NET 8.0 for our web apps. It may offer some advantages from a security standpoint. However, some team members may have reservations about upgrading, particularly given the ongoing security...
  4. .NET Framework 8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .NET Framework 8: Hi,I hope this message finds you well. I am inquiring about the possibility of using .NET 8.0 for our web apps. It may offer some advantages from a security standpoint. However, some team members may have reservations about upgrading, particularly given the ongoing security...
  5. How to uninstall framework 4?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to uninstall framework 4?: i have corrupted files of framework 4 i cant enter the folder or uninstall it how to do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-uninstall-framework-4/86039263-ad54-4487-8178-8367b3f8af34
  6. Intel update dated 4/8/2019

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel update dated 4/8/2019: I reinstalled windows 11 on my medion note book E3222 and in the process of updating this update was started. The update was not succesfull and i would like to delete it form windows update. There used to be a tool to do that but the page doesn't exist anymore. What to do...
  7. Memtest 86: 4 passes or 8?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Memtest 86: 4 passes or 8?: I'm trying to troubleshoot some issues with my computer. I've ran Memtest86 with 4 passes and zero errors. My RAM is 3600mHz CL16 16Gb (2x8Gb). Should I do 8 passes when I get home from work or would that be unnecessary? 166830
  8. .NET Framework 4 is corrupted

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    .NET Framework 4 is corrupted: Okay so I get this error on programs running .NET 4.0.0.0 The error: Could not load file or assembly 'Accesibility, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest. I...
  9. .NET Framework 4+

in Windows 10 Customization
    .NET Framework 4+: Hey guys, Just wondering how do I find out what version of .NET Framework i have installed? I have looked in the programs and features, but cannot find anything in there. If its not installed, then how come? This is a new PC and has windows 10 1803 (I will not install...
  10. Limit application to 4 processors instead of 8

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Limit application to 4 processors instead of 8: I recently built an internal file server for our office that uses Windows 10 Pro. The hardware is a Dell server with an Intel Xeon 4 core/8 processor chip. I have an application server software app that I pay an annual license fee for the use of it. I received a call from...