Windows 10: How to prevent a network driver from automatically installing? Specifically, Intel - Net -...

Discus and support How to prevent a network driver from automatically installing? Specifically, Intel - Net -... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Okay, the reason why I want to prevent this exact update from installing is because it causes a Wifi malfunction for me, wherein every other 20 minutes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ThomasBeltran1, Apr 25, 2020.

1. How to prevent a network driver from automatically installing? Specifically, Intel - Net -...

Okay, the reason why I want to prevent this exact update from installing is because it causes a Wifi malfunction for me, wherein every other 20 minutes or so, the Wifi will automatically disconnect, and I have to manually reconnect to the wifi after 1 minute.

It is extremely annoying and I found that it is this exact driver that is causing the problem.

I'm already using the Windows Update hider program, but it's not showing this particular driver there for me to hide.

To further help for those who may have the same problem or question, and those who might be able to help, my laptop is the latest Alienware M15 R2, using the KillerR Wi-Fi 6 AX1650w Adapter. This is the only update that has caused such an annoying problem on this particular laptop so far.

:)

ThomasBeltran1, Apr 25, 2020

2. is there a way to prevent automatic updates on windows 10 for a specific driver

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Yes, there is a way to temporarily stop a specific driver update from installing automatically. Please click on the link below and try the mentioned steps:

How to temporarily prevent a Windows or driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Apr 25, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Apr 25, 2020
  4. How to prevent a network driver from automatically installing? Specifically, Intel - Net -...

Automatic GPU drivers installed

Hey guys for the past 6 months I've been running a gtx 580 and I've just sent it back today as part of the step up program to get the gtx 680. For the next 2 weeks I will be using my old 9800 gtx+. I installed the card and booted the computer and upon getting to the windows screen, windows searched automatically online and installed drivers. I rebooted and checked the driver version, and sure enough, it had found and installed the latest drivers for my card.

I've always manually installed drivers by starting up the nvidia process and all that, what windows did, was it a sufficient driver install? When I get the gtx 680, I'm assuming it will do this again, would it be a smart idea to manually install the driver or would windows version do the exact same thing? Thanks guys.

lwgnlseven, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

How to prevent a network driver from automatically installing? Specifically, Intel - Net -...

1. How to prevent a network driver from automatically installing? Specifically, Intel - Net -... - Similar Threads - prevent network driver

2. How to prevent automatic upgrade of .NET Framework from 4.8 to 4.8.1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent automatic upgrade of .NET Framework from 4.8 to 4.8.1: I have a question regarding the prevention of .NET Framework updates through Group Policy. Despite setting the following Group Policy to "Disabled," the KB5011048 update is still being automatically applied, resulting in .NET Framework being upgraded from version 4.8 to 4.8.1...
  3. How to prevent automatic upgrade of .NET Framework from 4.8 to 4.8.1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to prevent automatic upgrade of .NET Framework from 4.8 to 4.8.1: I have a question regarding the prevention of .NET Framework updates through Group Policy. Despite setting the following Group Policy to "Disabled," the KB5011048 update is still being automatically applied, resulting in .NET Framework being upgraded from version 4.8 to 4.8.1...
  4. How to prevent Windows 11 Home from automatically updating the driver for a specific device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent Windows 11 Home from automatically updating the driver for a specific device?: I recently installed the latest AMD graphic driver for my computer, but Windows Update keeps automatically downgrading the driver to an older version. I need to use the latest driver for my work, and I want to prevent Windows from updating this driver automatically. I have...
  5. How to prevent Windows 11 Home from automatically updating the driver for a specific device?

How to prevent Windows 11 Home from automatically updating the driver for a specific device?: I recently installed the latest AMD graphic driver for my computer, but Windows Update keeps automatically downgrading the driver to an older version. I need to use the latest driver for my work, and I want to prevent Windows from updating this driver automatically. I have...
  6. Prevent Windows from automatically installing drivers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent Windows from automatically installing drivers?: Hi allI have a very specific computer setup which requires me to install specific drivers. Unfortunately, Windows constantly installs drivers which I do not want.There are written articles which can be found through a simple web search, but absolutely none of them work. I...
  7. Prevent Windows from automatically installing drivers?

Prevent Windows from automatically installing drivers?: Hi allI have a very specific computer setup which requires me to install specific drivers. Unfortunately, Windows constantly installs drivers which I do not want.There are written articles which can be found through a simple web search, but absolutely none of them work. I...
  8. How to prevent Windows from automatically installing drivers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to prevent Windows from automatically installing drivers?: Hello all, I’ve been trying to tackle this issue all day and it’s starting to drive me mad. I was troubleshooting something else on my system and I realized that I have a piece of hardware that has never been installed correctly. This is the device I’m trying I’m trying to...
  9. Prevent automatic driver installations

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Prevent automatic driver installations: After upgrading my pc to windows 10, the os seems to install serval drivers automatically without notifying about the driver packages. I want to disable this feature and prevent windows from downloading drivers automatically...
  10. How to prevent automatic install of nvidia display driver

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to prevent automatic install of nvidia display driver: I recently moved from nvidia to AMD but windows update still install nvidia display driver! how to prevent that ? 148594