Windows 10: How to open a Microsoft Word file that says it is deleted, missing, or renamed

Discus and support How to open a Microsoft Word file that says it is deleted, missing, or renamed in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Today I completed a document on word and saved it to my computer. When I then tried opening it, this is the error message that popped up. I didn’t... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by blair grover, Feb 14, 2024.

1. How to open a Microsoft Word file that says it is deleted, missing, or renamed

Today I completed a document on word and saved it to my computer. When I then tried opening it, this is the error message that popped up. I didn’t delete, move or rename the file. It even shows up under the exact file name when I type it in. But when I go to open it this is the error message. How do I recover this document?

:)

blair grover, Feb 14, 2024
Thema:

How to open a Microsoft Word file that says it is deleted, missing, or renamed

1. How to open a Microsoft Word file that says it is deleted, missing, or renamed - Similar Threads - open Microsoft Word

2. How to open a Microsoft Word file that says it is deleted, missing, or renamed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to open a Microsoft Word file that says it is deleted, missing, or renamed: Today I completed a document on word and saved it to my computer. When I then tried opening it, this is the error message that popped up. I didn’t delete, move or rename the file. It even shows up under the exact file name when I type it in. But when I go to open it this is...
  3. Cannot rename a folder because Windows says a file in it is open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot rename a folder because Windows says a file in it is open: This has been a really, really dumb problem for decades. So it always amazes me when the people who contribute to this forum act as if they have never seen it .Windows uses an obsolete process called Thumbnail caching. It theory, it used to speed up searches back in the early...
  4. Cannot rename a folder because Windows says a file in it is open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot rename a folder because Windows says a file in it is open: This has been a really, really dumb problem for decades. So it always amazes me when the people who contribute to this forum act as if they have never seen it .Windows uses an obsolete process called Thumbnail caching. It theory, it used to speed up searches back in the early...
  5. Cannot rename a folder because Windows says a file in it is open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Cannot open, delete, rename or move a file on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open, delete, rename or move a file on desktop: HiSo I faced the issue where I wasn't able to open, delete, rename or move a pdf file with a long filename on the desktop. While browsing through old forums and discussions, I came across the following solutions which do not work:Changing propertiesEnable/disable the preview...
  7. Cannot open, delete, rename or move a file on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot open, delete, rename or move a file on desktop: HiSo I faced the issue where I wasn't able to open, delete, rename or move a pdf file with a long filename on the desktop. While browsing through old forums and discussions, I came across the following solutions which do not work:Changing propertiesEnable/disable the preview...
  8. Cannot open, delete, rename or move a file on desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Right click Delete/Rename missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Right click Delete/Rename missing: Hi. Within the last 2 weeks my Right click menu no longer contains Delete or Rename options when attempting either function on a selected file. Help please. JF...
  10. Explorer is missing almost ALL FILE CMDS to: RENAME, DELETE.....

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer is missing almost ALL FILE CMDS to: RENAME, DELETE.....: previous versions of windows. Can I ADD things like RENAME commands to the RIGHT CLICK? 88953