Windows 10: How to manage apps that add themselves to the startup list and then block sleep.

Discus and support How to manage apps that add themselves to the startup list and then block sleep. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a Windows 11 system that forgets how to sleep or restart. As i have done everything including restarting the operating system to fix this, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by dpx9922, Jun 5, 2024.

1. dpx9922 Win User

How to manage apps that add themselves to the startup list and then block sleep.

I have a Windows 11 system that forgets how to sleep or restart. As i have done everything including restarting the operating system to fix this, the solution seems to be some apps that add themselves to the list of startup programs and then are difficult to unload. I had problems with Fing doing this and their tech support said I could have checked a box to avoid the startup loading. More recently Samsung Magician did the same thing adding itself to the startup list and without any obvious way to "close" the app I had to exit using the Task Manager. The commonality appears the decision of the

:)

dpx9922, Jun 5, 2024
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jun 5, 2024
  3. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Jun 5, 2024
  4. Tenforo Active Member

How to manage apps that add themselves to the startup list and then block sleep.

blocking apps

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Log in to https://familysafety.microsoft.com/ using your Microsoft Email account.
    • Find the user that is correspond to the computer account on the Windows that you are having issue with.
    • Click on "App Restrictions".
    • Under App Restrictions, click on "App list".
    • Here, you can Allow or Block the Apps/Games that you want.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Tenforo, Jun 5, 2024
Thema:

1. How to manage apps that add themselves to the startup list and then block sleep. - Similar Threads - manage apps add

2. How to manage apps that add themselves to the startup list and then block sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to manage apps that add themselves to the startup list and then block sleep.: I have a Windows 11 system that forgets how to sleep or restart. As i have done everything including restarting the operating system to fix this, the solution seems to be some apps that add themselves to the list of startup programs and then are difficult to unload. I had...
  3. Startup apps not being in the startup list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup apps not being in the startup list: How do I get the full list of startup apps? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup-apps-not-being-in-the-startup-list/dc9d22a2-2485-4010-9aa3-72abada3d57b
  4. Startup apps not being in the startup list

Startup apps not being in the startup list: How do I get the full list of startup apps? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup-apps-not-being-in-the-startup-list/dc9d22a2-2485-4010-9aa3-72abada3d57b
  5. How to remove annoying startup from the task manager's startup list?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove annoying startup from the task manager's startup list?: Whenever I start my laptop, it automatically startups irrelevant temp files. Many file explorer tabs and notepad files are opened repeatedly.These corrupted files are located in the temp folder. I have deleted these files. I also fully scan the laptop to remove any virus. But...
  6. My apps on startup disable themselves

My apps on startup disable themselves: I enable apps on start up then restart my computer and they have been disabled, please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-apps-on-startup-disable-themselves/652b7b23-c3ab-44c8-b790-e7558aac3b51
  7. My apps on startup disable themselves

in Windows 10 Customization
    My apps on startup disable themselves: I enable apps on start up then restart my computer and they have been disabled, please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-apps-on-startup-disable-themselves/652b7b23-c3ab-44c8-b790-e7558aac3b51
  8. My apps on startup disable themselves

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Apps keep pinning themselves on startup to the taskbar

in Windows 10 News
    Apps keep pinning themselves on startup to the taskbar: Some Windows users complain, every time they boot up their PC, MSI Dragon Center, Xbox app, etc, pin themselves to the Taskbar. To get rid of it, they must unpin these apps. However, they appear again on startup. If you have been facing a similar issue, follow these steps to...
  10. How to add things to the startup list

in Windows 10 Support
    How to add things to the startup list: I can't believe this, but I can't seem to find a way to add a program to the startup list. 76931