Windows 10: How to make keys stay active for a bit while they are let go?

Discus and support How to make keys stay active for a bit while they are let go? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; my old keyboard if i pressed shift and let go and while letting go pressed a button it would still act as if shift was being held down, i changed my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GasserMX, Jul 18, 2024.

1. GasserMX Win User

How to make keys stay active for a bit while they are let go?

my old keyboard if i pressed shift and let go and while letting go pressed a button it would still act as if shift was being held down, i changed my laptop, my keyboard now like literally the second my finger is off the key it doesnt do anything, was wondering if there was a setting or program that could help out with this have keys stay active for a few more msi just cant get used to it

:)

GasserMX, Jul 18, 2024
  2. pepoluan Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade 32-bit to 64-bit

So, Windows 10 Upgrade is being rolled out worldwide, and I have 'reserved' my upgrade.

Currently my computer is running Windows 7 Pro 32-bit. I'm planning to 'upgrade' it to Windows 10 64-bit (via fresh install, of course).

After reading many references, these will be the steps I'll do:

1. Let the "Get Windows 10" app upgrade my OS to Windows 10 32-bit
    2. Note the activation key
    3. Download the Installation Media for Windows 10, but choosing 64-bit instead
    4. Perform a clean install
    5. Reactivate using the activation key in Step #2

(Of course I'll backup my data first.)

However, I still have some questions:

1. On Windows 7, the activation key does not differ between 32- or 64-bit versions. Is it still so with Windows 10?
    2. Will I be able to download a different architecture on Step #3?
    3. Is there anything I need to prepare beforehand?

Thank you for your assistance.

pepoluan, Jul 18, 2024
  3. Trying to activate Window's 10 Pro and receiving error 0xc004c008

Hello Marvin,

I suggest that your perform phone activation and see if this will help you in resolving the error. To do so, please follow these steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click Run.
    • Type slui.exe 4, and the press the Enter key.
    • Select your Country from the list.
    • Choose the Phone Activation option.
    • Stay on the phone and wait for a person to help you with activation.
    • Explain your problem clearly to the support person.

Inform us if there were significant changes.

Antoneth Ber, Jul 18, 2024
  4. How to make keys stay active for a bit while they are let go?

How to activate the Windows after uninstalling Product key

Hi,

Thank you for coming back to us with the information.

Based on your description, I would suggest you to check the status of the Windows activation. If you see the status on the Windows is activated, your Windows 10 is activated on your system. Since, you have upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10, the
    Windows is activated through the digital entitlement.

• Type activation on the Windows search bar.

• Select Activation and check if Windows is activated.
    Incase if you see Windows is not activated, you might have to do it by phone. Follow the below steps to activate the Windows by phone.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Run

• Type slui 4 in the box and hit Enter Key.

• Select your 'Country' from the list.

• Choose the 'Phone Activation' option.

• Stay on the phone and wait for a person to help you.

• And also you can explain your problem clearly to the support person.

Visit the below link for more information on Activation in Windows 10

Activate Windows - Microsoft Support

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Jul 18, 2024
Thema:

How to make keys stay active for a bit while they are let go?

1. How to make keys stay active for a bit while they are let go? - Similar Threads - keys stay active

2. How to make keys stay active for a bit while they are let go?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make keys stay active for a bit while they are let go?: my old keyboard if i pressed shift and let go and while letting go pressed a button it would still act as if shift was being held down, i changed my laptop, my keyboard now like literally the second my finger is off the key it doesnt do anything, was wondering if there was a...
  3. shift key is not staying activated when pressed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    shift key is not staying activated when pressed: Hi, I have a little problem with my shift key. It works mostly, however when i am pressing the key for a longer time more than half a second to write multiple letters the function stops working after a very short time.Example:HHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhWhile writing this i kept my...
  4. shift key is not staying activated when pressed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    shift key is not staying activated when pressed: Hi, I have a little problem with my shift key. It works mostly, however when i am pressing the key for a longer time more than half a second to write multiple letters the function stops working after a very short time.Example:HHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhWhile writing this i kept my...
  5. Is it possible to make folder icons stay while folder sharing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it possible to make folder icons stay while folder sharing?: I have this very large folderfilled with smaller folders. To make it eaiser to manage I gave icons to each of the folders. The problem is, once shared with someonethrough google drive or etc the file will not have that icon. Looking into it, the "desktop.ini" file has the...
  6. Is it possible to make folder icons stay while folder sharing?

Is it possible to make folder icons stay while folder sharing?: I have this very large folderfilled with smaller folders. To make it eaiser to manage I gave icons to each of the folders. The problem is, once shared with someonethrough google drive or etc the file will not have that icon. Looking into it, the "desktop.ini" file has the...
  7. Mouse lets go/clicks while dragging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse lets go/clicks while dragging: Issue with my mouse's left click? Every time I try to drag something, anything it clicks on its own and cancels it and its very annoying when I'm trying to move files around. I switched the primary button to right click and it seems to be working fine. Ive been trying to look...
  8. Mouse lets go/clicks while dragging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse lets go/clicks while dragging: Issue with my mouse's left click? Every time I try to drag something, anything it clicks on its own and cancels it and its very annoying when I'm trying to move files around. I switched the primary button to right click and it seems to be working fine. Ive been trying to look...
  9. Mouse lets go/clicks while dragging

10. Keyboard lets go of shift and ctrl keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard lets go of shift and ctrl keys: If I hold down shift and type a key; CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCcccccccccccccccc the shift will let go after a second. I plugged by keyboard into a mac and its fine there so it must be a windows issue? Any help would be much appreciated. Craig 44895