Windows 10: How to lock my stolen laptop if i cannot locate it on find my device

Discus and support How to lock my stolen laptop if i cannot locate it on find my device in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My laptop was stolen i can see the location on the map but i can not be able to locate the lock button. I have refreshed several times please help. its... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Bushnell joseph, Apr 18, 2024.

1. How to lock my stolen laptop if i cannot locate it on find my device

My laptop was stolen i can see the location on the map but i can not be able to locate the lock button. I have refreshed several times please help. its hard to contact microsoft support live chat.help

:)

Bushnell joseph, Apr 18, 2024
  2. CDesign Win User

stolen windows 10 laptop.

My Acer Aspire laptop running Windows 10 64 bit was stolen Saturday morning.

Device has not been turned on, or connected since it was stolen. I went to Microsoft support site and it showed the last location that my laptop was used at. I clicked on Lock button. Microsoft said they can't locate my device, but will send me an email
    when my laptop has been detected. Will Microsoft automatically Lock my laptop when it has been activated, and connected to internet, or will i have to go back to the support site and click on lock button again? What exactly happens when Microsoft locks a stolen
    device, does it make it difficult for thieves to access my laptop. Does Microsoft have the capability to remote wipe the hard-drive of my laptop, using port to port process? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, especially advice on any options for
    wiping the hard-drive of my laptop using port to port, or software. I have no tracking software

installed on laptop.

Many thanks for your suggestions,

Christoph

i

CDesign, Apr 18, 2024
  3. Malikhona Win User
    STOLEN: Why can’t I find last known location/location history of my stolen device?

I understand that you are facing an issue with finding the last known location or location history of your stolen Windows 11 MSI gaming laptop. When you tried to find the device remotely, it said that the location is disabled and the battery is at 0%, indicating that the device is powered down. You tried to lock it, but it still did not work. When you contacted Microsoft for assistance, they were unable to provide you with any tools to check the last known location of your device.

You are wondering why, in 2023, it is not possible to track the location history of a stolen device, given the importance of security and the ability to track hardware. You believe that any thief with even minimal knowledge will airgap the device, replace or wipe the HDD, and render the tracking feature useless. You think this makes the tracking feature utterly flawed and redundant.

Unfortunately, in cases like this, there may not be much that can be done to track the location of your stolen device, especially if the thief has taken steps to disable or circumvent the tracking feature. Microsoft may not have the tools to track the location history of your device, as this may be a limitation of the software or the technology used.

However, there are some steps you can take to try to locate your stolen device. You can file a police report and provide them with the serial number of your device. You can also contact your insurance company to report the theft and see if they can help you locate the device. Additionally, you may want to consider remote wipe options to protect your personal data on the device.

Malikhona, Apr 18, 2024
Thema:

How to lock my stolen laptop if i cannot locate it on find my device

1. How to lock my stolen laptop if i cannot locate it on find my device - Similar Threads - lock stolen laptop

2. My laptop was stolen and as I was trying to locate the laptop in finding my device it is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop was stolen and as I was trying to locate the laptop in finding my device it is...: My laptop was stolen and as I was trying to locate the laptop in finding my device it is showing 0% battery and I can't lock my device also. What should I do?...
  3. My laptop was stolen and as I was trying to locate the laptop in finding my device it is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop was stolen and as I was trying to locate the laptop in finding my device it is...: My laptop was stolen and as I was trying to locate the laptop in finding my device it is showing 0% battery and I can't lock my device also. What should I do?...
  4. How to lock my stolen laptop if i cannot locate it on find my device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to lock my stolen laptop if i cannot locate it on find my device: My laptop was stolen i can see the location on the map but i can not be able to locate the lock button. I have refreshed several times please help. its hard to contact microsoft support live chat.help...
  5. How to lock my stolen laptop if i cannot locate it on find my device

How to lock my stolen laptop if i cannot locate it on find my device: My laptop was stolen i can see the location on the map but i can not be able to locate the lock button. I have refreshed several times please help. its hard to contact microsoft support live chat.help...
  6. Location of my stolen device

Location of my stolen device: Kindly asking if is there any alternative way to track down my stolen device since i haven't logged into my Microsoft account for the past 30 days?*Moved from Teams....
  7. Location of my stolen device

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Location of my stolen device: Kindly asking if is there any alternative way to track down my stolen device since i haven't logged into my Microsoft account for the past 30 days?*Moved from Teams....
  8. Location of my stolen device

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Stolen laptop and find my device

Stolen laptop and find my device: My laptop was stolen and I looked on Find My Device and the tracking has been off. I wanted to turn it on but it says can not reach the device. Is there a way to make it turn on as soon as the laptop gets network? Also, if they factory data reset the device through the boot...
  10. Stolen Laptop/find my device

Stolen Laptop/find my device: My computer was stolen a month ago, I am able to track it down under the find my Device and it shows that it has not been turned on since they took it, and the battery still appears the same at 77%. I already turned on the option to lock it but it says it cannot do so because...