Windows 10: how to know my product key. and how to upgrade window 7 to window 10 ?

Discus and support how to know my product key. and how to upgrade window 7 to window 10 ? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; my google chrome requred update but in windows 7 its not taking, it shows "To use Chrome on Windows with an Intel processor, you'll need: Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by vinayaka tm, Jul 18, 2024.

1. how to know my product key. and how to upgrade window 7 to window 10 ?

my google chrome requred update but in windows 7 its not taking, it shows "To use Chrome on Windows with an Intel processor, you'll need: Windows 10 and up" so i have to upgrade to windows 10 . pleas help me with this .thanking you.

:)

vinayaka tm, Jul 18, 2024

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jul 18, 2024
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 18, 2024
  4. how to know my product key. and how to upgrade window 7 to window 10 ?

How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Jul 18, 2024
Thema:

how to know my product key. and how to upgrade window 7 to window 10 ?

1. how to know my product key. and how to upgrade window 7 to window 10 ? - Similar Threads - product key upgrade

2. how to know my product key. and how to upgrade window 7 to window 10 ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to know my product key. and how to upgrade window 7 to window 10 ?: my google chrome requred update but in windows 7 its not taking, it shows "To use Chrome on Windows with an Intel processor, you'll need: Windows 10 and up" so i have to upgrade to windows 10 . pleas help me with this .thanking you....
  3. how to know my Microsoft product key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to know my Microsoft product key?: hello, i am using window 11 on my laptop. i have active key. but i don't remember my product key. can you tell me my product key serial number ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-know-my-microsoft-product-key/30c6f157-47a9-4a40-8ba9-9389a2233e0d
  4. how to know my Microsoft product key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to know my Microsoft product key?: hello, i am using window 11 on my laptop. i have active key. but i don't remember my product key. can you tell me my product key serial number ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-know-my-microsoft-product-key/30c6f157-47a9-4a40-8ba9-9389a2233e0d
  5. How to Know Product key of Windows 10 in Laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to Know Product key of Windows 10 in Laptop: Hello! I purchased a Vostro 15 Laptop in 2018 with Windows10 pre-installed in it and brought from local Dell retailer, But I didn't focused about activation keyproduct key at that time. Now I want to know the activation key and don't know where to find it. I don't have any...
  6. how to know what is my product key of my window 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to know what is my product key of my window 10: how to know my product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-know-what-is-my-product-key-of-my-window-10/a444e6de-879b-4b19-a9ce-da563bee0184
  7. how can i know my windows 10 product keys

how can i know my windows 10 product keys: i am really having a really issue trying to update my pc back to windows 10,as i cant really figure my product key anymore* Moved from Research/Eyes First...
  8. how to know product key for pre installed windows

how to know product key for pre installed windows: hi.. this is jagadeesh. i brought a new pc through amazon in which the windows was preinstalled. now, i want to know my product key how can i know it??...
  9. Upgraded hardware, only Windows 7 product key of my upgraded Windows 10

Upgraded hardware, only Windows 7 product key of my upgraded Windows 10: Hi, I have an issue that I run an old system which was set up with Windows 7 Home and some time ago was upgraded to Windows 10 when it became obligatory. Two weeks ago I upgraded essentially my power pack (CPU, RAM, GPU, mainboard) and wanted to keep my system but now...
  10. how to know my product key?

how to know my product key?: i want to know my product key[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-know-my-product-key/c854e771-2cb2-40a8-a076-f615e8a6568d"