Windows 10: How to keep Quick Access menu from rearranging pinned items?

Discus and support How to keep Quick Access menu from rearranging pinned items? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Whenever I pin folders in the Qucik Access menu in File Explorer, they stay pinned, no problem there. But whenever I try to arrange them, "Desktop"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Dominik Zoneless, Jun 7, 2024.

1. How to keep Quick Access menu from rearranging pinned items?

Whenever I pin folders in the Qucik Access menu in File Explorer, they stay pinned, no problem there. But whenever I try to arrange them, "Desktop" folder always goes back to the bottom, this ALWAYS happen, and it is getting really annoying.This is how my Quick Access menu looks like when it is arranged correctly by myself pardon, it's in Hungarian:"Asztal" is the Desktop folder.After a while, Desktop Asztal goes back to the bottom like this:Why is this happening? How can I stop it?Thank you in advance!

:)

Dominik Zoneless, Jun 7, 2024
  2. K_B
    k_b Win User

How do I rearrange pinned taskbar items?

Unfortunately many folks are confusing pinned task bar items, pinned jump list items off the task bar, and quick access lists in explorer, and thus, giving irrelevant answers.

The original question pertains to pinned jump list items off the task bar. Quick access and jump lists are independent of one another, therefore rearranging quick access items/lists does not affect jump lists, nor vice-versa.

To the OP, there is indeed currently no way to rearrange jump list items without unpinning all and re-pinning in the order you prefer. MS's decision to disable drag-and-drop functionality here is curious. And annoying for many users. I personally don't use the quick access feature (formerly known as favorites), as I dislike the extra steps to open explorer and having another window to close. Jump lists are more efficient to many users' workflow. Removing drag-and-drop functionality diminished their usefulness, IMHO. 'Hoping MS returns this functionality to Win10 in the near future via updates.

Here's an article that is more on point:

http://www.addictivetips.com/window...tems-on-the-taskbar-jump-lists-in-windows-10/

3. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jun 7, 2024
  4. cereberus Win User

How to keep Quick Access menu from rearranging pinned items?

How Can I Alphabetize List Of Items Pinned To "Quick Access"?

You just drag them up and down to new position.

*Arrow Rearrange Pinned Items On Jump Lists in Windows 10 Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials

cereberus, Jun 7, 2024
Thema:

How to keep Quick Access menu from rearranging pinned items?

1. How to keep Quick Access menu from rearranging pinned items? - Similar Threads - keep Quick Access

2. What keeps pinning items to Quick Access?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What keeps pinning items to Quick Access?: Windows 10, latest updateSomething keeps pinning to the following items to Quick Access.DesktopDownloadsDocumentsPicturesHow do I prevent that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-keeps-pinning-items-to-quick-access/9088975a-22b6-49bf-a9ef-b8421bfbbbfc
  3. What keeps pinning items to Quick Access?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What keeps pinning items to Quick Access?: Windows 10, latest updateSomething keeps pinning to the following items to Quick Access.DesktopDownloadsDocumentsPicturesHow do I prevent that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-keeps-pinning-items-to-quick-access/9088975a-22b6-49bf-a9ef-b8421bfbbbfc
  4. What keeps pinning items to Quick Access?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How to keep Quick Access menu from rearranging pinned items?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to keep Quick Access menu from rearranging pinned items?: Whenever I pin folders in the Qucik Access menu in File Explorer, they stay pinned, no problem there. But whenever I try to arrange them, "Desktop" folder always goes back to the bottom, this ALWAYS happen, and it is getting really annoying.This is how my Quick Access menu...
  6. How to keep Quick Access menu from rearranging pinned items?

How to keep Quick Access menu from rearranging pinned items?: Whenever I pin folders in the Qucik Access menu in File Explorer, they stay pinned, no problem there. But whenever I try to arrange them, "Desktop" folder always goes back to the bottom, this ALWAYS happen, and it is getting really annoying.This is how my Quick Access menu...
  7. Pinned and non-Pinned items in Windows 11 "home" quick access menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pinned and non-Pinned items in Windows 11 "home" quick access menu: Is there a way to alphabetize or re-arrange items in the "home", "quick access" menu in Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pinned-and-non-pinned-items-in-windows-11-home/9fd4ef1c-2822-4e7d-bd8d-48849092a42d
  8. Pinned and non-Pinned items in Windows 11 "home" quick access menu

Pinned and non-Pinned items in Windows 11 "home" quick access menu: Is there a way to alphabetize or re-arrange items in the "home", "quick access" menu in Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pinned-and-non-pinned-items-in-windows-11-home/9fd4ef1c-2822-4e7d-bd8d-48849092a42d
  9. Pinning an Item to Quick Access

Pinning an Item to Quick Access: Is there a way to pin a removable drive to Quick Access? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pinning-an-item-to-quick-access/40ce39e6-f581-4bb1-bdc3-08c17a93cb0f
  10. Rearrange Quick Access Objects

Rearrange Quick Access Objects: I have added sever items to Quick Access and wonder if it is possible to re-arrange them to my liking. I can't drag them because it won't let me. Is there any way to do that? Thank you. 82746