Windows 10: How to Install Win 10 from an USB

Discus and support How to Install Win 10 from an USB in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Laptop which has Win 10 Home originally got many problems so I performed a Reset Windows from the system . After more than 2 hours installing , it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Thinh291Le, Jan 16, 2020.

1. How to Install Win 10 from an USB

My Laptop which has Win 10 Home originally got many problems so I performed a Reset Windows from the system . After more than 2 hours installing , it got to the Users Login screen , I logged in and was waiting for the "Preparing Windows" , suddenly the power of my laptop went out , probably because it ran out of battery . I was taken to the "Choose an option" screen numberous times despite whichever I chose , can't use the repair tool , reset,restore. So I finally decided to buy an USB which has Windows 10 Home installation on it . Could anyone help me how to do it properly ? Can't get into the previous Windows so the USB is my only hope , thanks.

:)

Thinh291Le, Jan 16, 2020

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jan 16, 2020
  3. DaveK Win User
    Installing Windows 7 via USB flash drive!

Yeah great guide worked for me, I need to install Win 7 on a new build that I'm doing for someone, will be just my luck the mobo won't let me boot from USB *Roll Eyes How to Install Win 10 from an USB :rolleyes:

Yeah some of the installation steps are done in just a second, I was intalling it left the room for 10 minutes came back to check on it to find it at the start screen lol, it installed and rebooted back to the USB, wasn't expecting it to be done so fast.

DaveK, Jan 16, 2020
  4. How to Install Win 10 from an USB

Fresh USB Windows 10 Install - Failing

I am trying to install a fresh copy (reformatted the hard disk) of windows 10 using a USB

• Created an installation media on a USB flash drive (Win 10 pro) from this page Download Windows 10
    • Changed the boot order on the other PC so that it boots using USB
    • Selected custom install
    • Installing Windows goes through the following steps successfully: Copying Windows Files, Getting Files ready for installation, Installing features, Installing updates and before the last step (Finishing up), it restarts
    • Then it goes back to the start of the installation steps

I am stuck and have read numerous posts but don't know what to do to install a fresh copy of Win 10.

deepakkaushik, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

How to Install Win 10 from an USB

1. How to Install Win 10 from an USB - Similar Threads - Install USB

2. usb windows 10 installation media question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb windows 10 installation media question: recently i had a power outage. my system was running mostly fine except a recent occasional lag. today, after the outage, i reset the system, and windows would not start. i noticed recently i had seen some kind of error BSOD, but it was restarting fine. however, today, i also...
  3. usb windows 10 installation media question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    usb windows 10 installation media question: recently i had a power outage. my system was running mostly fine except a recent occasional lag. today, after the outage, i reset the system, and windows would not start. i noticed recently i had seen some kind of error BSOD, but it was restarting fine. however, today, i also...
  4. usb windows 10 installation media question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Trying to install windows 11 via usb and keep getting error shown here.

Trying to install windows 11 via usb and keep getting error shown here.: Not sure what to do about this. Tried to find the drivers but couldn't get them working. Made multiple different installation media and still not working....
  6. Trying to install windows 11 via usb and keep getting error shown here.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to install windows 11 via usb and keep getting error shown here.: Not sure what to do about this. Tried to find the drivers but couldn't get them working. Made multiple different installation media and still not working....
  7. How can I install windows 10 in my Dell inspiron 15 with usb pendrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I install windows 10 in my Dell inspiron 15 with usb pendrive: My dell inpiron 15 2018's model start restart loop when I try to install windows 10 update with usb pendrive.Windows 10 setup isn't installing I have selected UEFI boot option still not working Same installation works in another laptop...
  8. How can I install windows 10 in my Dell inspiron 15 with usb pendrive

How can I install windows 10 in my Dell inspiron 15 with usb pendrive: My dell inpiron 15 2018's model start restart loop when I try to install windows 10 update with usb pendrive.Windows 10 setup isn't installing I have selected UEFI boot option still not working Same installation works in another laptop...
  9. How can I install windows 10 in my Dell inspiron 15 with usb pendrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. How do i download windows with a USB flash drive without it saying "Install windows" with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i download windows with a USB flash drive without it saying "Install windows" with...: I tried downloading windows 10 base edition when resetting my PC and every couple days a semi transparent message saying "install windows" and ill troubleshoot it and its a 50/50 of if it will actually go away or if it just says "we couldnt activate windows for you". Ive...