Windows 10: How to install applications on the hard drive instead of the SSD drive?

Discus and support How to install applications on the hard drive instead of the SSD drive? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I actually have the answer to this. It doesn't have to be that hard. All of the stuff that the advisor told people to do is ridiculous. There are two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DiNyh13601, Aug 25, 2021.

1. How to install applications on the hard drive instead of the SSD drive?

I actually have the answer to this. It doesn't have to be that hard. All of the stuff that the advisor told people to do is ridiculous. There are two methods.1 Go to Settings/System/Storage/Change where new content is saved. Here you can choose what types of files saved to the hard drive. Your choices are new apps, new documents, new music, new photos and videos, new movies and TV shows or your offline maps. You can choose all or whichever you want on your hard drive. Yes, Microsoft included this function in Windows 10. However, this doesn't always work. I tried unsuccessfully at first but it

:)

DiNyh13601, Aug 25, 2021

2. Windows 10 Installed on hard drive instead of SSD

I just upgraded my laptop to Windows 10. It has a hard drive (~ 1 TB) and an SSD (~ 25 GB). Previously, Windows 8 was installed on the SSD. When I upgraded, I did not see an option to choose which drive to install Windows to. It did it on the hard drive.
    Obviously I want it on the SSD. Any idea how to move it over OR reinstall with the option to choose which drive?

Thanks.

Andrew Mazar, Aug 25, 2021
  3. how to optimally install windows and applications on a SSD drive and save all files to an internal hard drive

Currently I am performing an installation of windows 10 on a SSD drive. A windows 10 bootable iso was used. Currently it is updating windows. When it is complete I want to be able to install only applications onto the SSD drive. Then I would like all
    files saved to the internal hard drive. Where is the settings or how do you configure windows so that by default all files are not saved to the drive in which the operating system is on and all of the files are saved by default to the internal hard drive?

The idea here is for any future windows 10 problems the operating system can be installed on the SSD drive without risking any files.

Please indicate how to optimally set this up.

The SSD is 250 GB. The internal hard drive is 1 TB.

Any comments on how to optimally set up the computer for the following are also appreciatied:

1) best performance

2) most privacy

3) setting all browsers including edge and IE for google search

4) any other suggestions for a fresh installation

There is a windows application that I have not yet used called File history.

If files were saved by default to the SSD drive and file history was used on the internal hard drive what would be the difference between:

the above set up and this set up?

For example the above set up allows the SSD drive to be formatted, sanitized and there is no loss of files.

The file history method appears to similar in that the files are saved to both the SSD drive and the internal hard drive. Then what happens if the os becomes corrupt? Can the SSD be formatted, sanitized and then files are moved from the internal hard drive
    to the SSD drive? Do you end up with the same result or different result?

questions_, Aug 25, 2021
  4. How to install applications on the hard drive instead of the SSD drive?

little cat, Aug 25, 2021
Thema:

How to install applications on the hard drive instead of the SSD drive?

1. How to install applications on the hard drive instead of the SSD drive? - Similar Threads - install applications hard

2. Booting Up on New SSD Instead of Old Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Booting Up on New SSD Instead of Old Hard Drive: Hi,I've installed a new Samsung SSD into my laptop. The hard-drive that came with the laptop is still in the computer AND it's still acting as the boot and operating drive whenever I use the laptop.I've cloned my Windows10 and everything else on my hard-drive over to the SSD....
  3. hard drive/ssd

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    hard drive/ssd: why do hard drive/ssd die https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drivessd/386ba5f0-2726-4c8e-a7a5-286c626dd32a
  4. hard drive/ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hard drive/ssd: why do hard drive/ssd die https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drivessd/386ba5f0-2726-4c8e-a7a5-286c626dd32a
  5. hard drive/ssd

6. Windows installed on hard-drive instead of SSD

Windows installed on hard-drive instead of SSD: HiI have an HP-Envy 360. It has both an SSD drive and a normal hard drive. Originally the SSD was allocated to be the C: drive and the hard drive D:. Windows was installed and booted of the SSD C: drive.I reinstalled Windows and this situation seems to have swapped over, i.e....
  7. Windows installed on hard-drive instead of SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows installed on hard-drive instead of SSD: HiI have an HP-Envy 360. It has both an SSD drive and a normal hard drive. Originally the SSD was allocated to be the C: drive and the hard drive D:. Windows was installed and booted of the SSD C: drive.I reinstalled Windows and this situation seems to have swapped over, i.e....
  8. Windows installed on hard-drive instead of SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. SSD hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD hard drive: I purchased a new laptop HP and I noticed that the SSD is one so I am wondering how to divide the 256 GBs into two or three partitions OF 50 GBs or 100 GBs with my thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssd-hard-drive/060a0f8b-4f4a-45ad-8d00-78a5e869a90a
  10. Download games on Hard Drive instead of SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download games on Hard Drive instead of SSD: Hello, i currently got a new gaming PC and it came with a 256 GB SSD along with a hard drive. However, i have already used all the available space on the SSD, and would now like to download games and store it in the Hard Drive. I have already went to the settings and put...