Windows 10: How to have folder and all sub-folders be in view Extra Large icons in Windows 10 Explorer...

Discus and support How to have folder and all sub-folders be in view Extra Large icons in Windows 10 Explorer... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an external drive folder of pictures and videos set in Windows Explorer to be in Extra Large view, but sub-folders are in Details view. Rather... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ArgMe, Feb 21, 2023.

1. ArgMe Win User

How to have folder and all sub-folders be in view Extra Large icons in Windows 10 Explorer...

I have an external drive folder of pictures and videos set in Windows Explorer to be in Extra Large view, but sub-folders are in Details view. Rather than clicking into each sub-folder some go many levels deep and choosing this for each one, I want all of them to be in that view. However, the way I've read to do it appears to not be working consistently within Windows Explorer main panel or Navigation panel clicks opens.In the top folder, when I right-click a blank area and select "Customize this folder", which takes me to the Customize tab, then select Videos or Pictures, with checked box

:)

ArgMe, Feb 21, 2023
  2. wolf2009 Win User

How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

i dont think this answers the question , how do i make all icons in all folders appear "Large Icons" .

thx tho .

wolf2009, Feb 21, 2023
  3. Files & Folders View as medium or large Icons

To assist you better, we would suggest that you try to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Once you are viewing a folder, right click an empty space within the File Explorer window and select View from the dialogue menu, then choose Large or any icon you wanted to use. Alternatively, you can use the following shortcut keys on the keyboard to
      change your View settings:
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 1 Extra Large
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 2 Large icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 3 Medium Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 4 Small Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 5 List
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 6 Details
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 7 Tiles
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 8 Content
    3. Once you have the view set, you can make it the default view for

every folder.

4. Click Apply, then click OK.

Update us on the result.

Marivel Man, Feb 21, 2023
  4. Kreij Win User

How to have folder and all sub-folders be in view Extra Large icons in Windows 10 Explorer...

How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

Some suggestions

Kreij, Feb 21, 2023
Thema:

1. How to have folder and all sub-folders be in view Extra Large icons in Windows 10 Explorer... - Similar Threads - folder sub folders

2. Put All Sub-Folders in Large Icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Put All Sub-Folders in Large Icons: I have this situation. I have a file folder that has many subfolders, and they are all in the "Details" organization/view mode. But I want all of them to be as "Large Icons", and it is extremely annoying and slow, having to enter EACH one of them to change. Is there any way...
  3. Put All Sub-Folders in Large Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Put All Sub-Folders in Large Icons: I have this situation. I have a file folder that has many subfolders, and they are all in the "Details" organization/view mode. But I want all of them to be as "Large Icons", and it is extremely annoying and slow, having to enter EACH one of them to change. Is there any way...
  4. Put All Sub-Folders in Large Icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How to have folder and all sub-folders be in view Extra Large icons in Windows 10 Explorer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to have folder and all sub-folders be in view Extra Large icons in Windows 10 Explorer...: I have an external drive folder of pictures and videos set in Windows Explorer to be in Extra Large view, but sub-folders are in Details view. Rather than clicking into each sub-folder some go many levels deep and choosing this for each one, I want all of them to be in that...
  6. How to have folder and all sub-folders be in view Extra Large icons in Windows 10 Explorer...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to have folder and all sub-folders be in view Extra Large icons in Windows 10 Explorer...: I have an external drive folder of pictures and videos set in Windows Explorer to be in Extra Large view, but sub-folders are in Details view. Rather than clicking into each sub-folder some go many levels deep and choosing this for each one, I want all of them to be in that...
  7. Apply View Format to all Sub-folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Apply View Format to all Sub-folders: I'm trying to set all of the sub-folders that roll up to a particular folder have Details as their View format. This used to be easy to do, just go into View-Options, but now it seems like you can only cascade by file type, which is... less than useful.Is there a way I can...
  8. Windows Explorer large and extra large icons all missing.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer large and extra large icons all missing.: Hi guys, Got a weird issue with a friends computer. A few weeks ago she said that all the icons disappeared so I jumped on teamviewer to check it out and found that in Windows Explorer, viewing large or extra large icons shows the icons as totally blank (all file types and...
  9. Extra Folder Icons in File Explorer "Open" view

in Windows 10 Customization
    Extra Folder Icons in File Explorer "Open" view: For some reason Windows insisted on forcing folder like Pictures, Videos, and Music on us. I did not want these and so I went into the registry and hid the folders, which worked great for the normal File Explorer. The method for editing the registry is here...
  10. Libraries View set to a folder will not apply to all it's sub folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Libraries View set to a folder will not apply to all it's sub folders: So, as suggested by Brink, I started a new thread for this issue. Brink you stated ''Just to note, that folders in a library share the same folder view as it was when last closed. This isn't the same as the folders in "This PC". Yes, this is (supposed to be) true...