Windows 10: How to have files designate with a 2 at the end when copying files instead or replace or skip

Discus and support How to have files designate with a 2 at the end when copying files instead or replace or skip in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; How to have files designate with a 2 at the end when copying files instead or replace or skip... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ian Thompson5, Oct 16, 2024 at 2:17 PM.

1. How to have files designate with a 2 at the end when copying files instead or replace or skip

How to have files designate with a 2 at the end when copying files instead or replace or skip

:)

Ian Thompson5, Oct 16, 2024 at 2:17 PM
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

4. How to have files designate with a 2 at the end when copying files instead or replace or skip

Skip or replace files dialog box missing while copying files with same names

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are not receiving the option to skip or replace the files, while copying files with same names. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?
    2. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?

Refer the article
    Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

Meanwhile, you can follow the suggestion mentioned below and see if that helps.

Method 1:

Try resetting the File Explorer settings to defaults and see if that helps.

1. Press Windows +
      E key to open File Explorer.
    2. Now click on View and click on
      Options.
    3. On the Folder
      Options window click on Restore Defaults.
    4. Now click on View tab and click on
      Restore Defaults.

Try copying the files with same names and see if you get the Skip or replace option window.

Method 2:

Uncheck the Folder Merge Conflicts option and see if that helps. Kindly follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Press Windows +
      E key to open File Explorer.
    2. Now click on View and click on
      Options.
    3. On the Folder
      Options window click on View tab.
    4. Under Advanced
      settings scroll down and uncheck the option Hide
      folder merge conflicts.
    5. Click on Apply and
      OK.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the details of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Oct 16, 2024 at 2:20 PM
Thema:

How to have files designate with a 2 at the end when copying files instead or replace or skip

1. How to have files designate with a 2 at the end when copying files instead or replace or skip - Similar Threads - files designate end

2. How to have files designate with a 2 at the end when copying files instead or replace or skip

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to have files designate with a 2 at the end when copying files instead or replace or skip: How to have files designate with a 2 at the end when copying files instead or replace or skip https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-have-files-designate-with-a-2-at-the-end/6b3e2ab6-0346-488f-87cb-0481f7454633
  3. How to have files designate with a 2 at the end when copying files instead or replace or skip

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to have files designate with a 2 at the end when copying files instead or replace or skip: How to have files designate with a 2 at the end when copying files instead or replace or skip https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-have-files-designate-with-a-2-at-the-end/6b3e2ab6-0346-488f-87cb-0481f7454633
  4. Robocopy Skips Copying File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Robocopy Skips Copying File: I have a Dell computer running Windows 10. I use Task Scheduler to copy two files to two target destinations using Robocopy. Three of the files get copied but Robocopy skips one of them. If I run the command in a command window it returns a value of 0 meaning that there...
  5. Replace or Skip File box not appearing when copying files

in Windows 10 News
    Replace or Skip File box not appearing when copying files: [IMG]When copying files in Windows or other operating systems, users might encounter a situation where the Replace or Skip File dialog box does not appear as expected in Windows 11/10. It can prevent them from managing file conflicts and choosing how to handle duplicate files...
  6. How to get File Explorer to skip all existing files when copying?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get File Explorer to skip all existing files when copying?: When copying files from a PC to an Android phone, Windows 10 would bring up the prompt below. If I check the 'Do this for all conflicts' and click on 'Don't copy', the whole copy Operation stops and Explorer doesn't try to copy the non existing files. Is this a bug? It seems...
  7. How to get File Explorer to skip all existing files when copying?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get File Explorer to skip all existing files when copying?: When copying files from a PC to an Android phone, Windows 10 would bring up the prompt below. If I check the 'Do this for all conflicts' and click on 'Don't copy', the whole copy Operation stops and Explorer doesn't try to copy the non existing files. Is this a bug? It seems...
  8. Choose to skip, replace or create a copy of the file

Choose to skip, replace or create a copy of the file: hello, I have a problem with windows 10, and it is that I work with files and I constantly need to create backup copies of them, but, when I try to copy the files in the same folder where I have already saved a copy, it does not let me choose whether to replace or copy files,...
  9. Dialog box " Replace or skip file" missing - Creating copies instead

Dialog box " Replace or skip file" missing - Creating copies instead: I am not sure when this started, I have not tried copying files for a few months. I am running Windows 10 Home, Version 1909, OS Build 18363.900 Installed 2/13/2020 Most recent updates are KB4561600, KB4560960 both in June 2020. Looked for newer updates but none...
  10. Is there a way to skip duplicate files when copying?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a way to skip duplicate files when copying?: I have a 3TB external hard drive that I use to backup large files. Usually, I just drag and drop the folders from my laptop to the external drive and Windows gives me an option to skip duplicate files AFTER it copies the new files. That has been working fine but now I am...