Windows 10: how to grant appropriate permissions to access file?

Discus and support how to grant appropriate permissions to access file? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; how to grant appropriate permissions to access file?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sheila Tello, Jan 20, 2023.

1. how to grant appropriate permissions to access file?

how to grant appropriate permissions to access file?

:)

Sheila Tello, Jan 20, 2023
  2. j.col70 Win User
    j.col70, Jan 20, 2023
  3. cannot access file/or permissions

I have a file i need to run on Windows 7 Home Premium. I get the error message saying "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

So I right click and choose Properties to access the permissions but I cannot. In the Security tab I get a message saying, " You do not have permission to view or edit this objects permission settings.".

Next I boot into the Windows 7 Hidden Administrator Mode - and even with this I get all the same error messages.

Please help me as I really need to run This file.

John Phoenix, Jan 20, 2023
  4. 95Viper Win User

95Viper, Jan 20, 2023
Thema:

1. how to grant appropriate permissions to access file? - Similar Threads - grant appropriate permissions

2. how to grant appropriate permissions to access file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to grant appropriate permissions to access file?: how to grant appropriate permissions to access file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-grant-appropriate-permissions-to-access/32fb43b9-6461-4f90-a77c-adae23dfb1db
  3. Can't access files or applications, don't have the "appropriate permissions" "even as an...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access files or applications, don't have the "appropriate permissions" "even as an...: My computer files are screwed up. My files and applications say: "You must have read permissions to view the properties of this object""you do not have permission to view this object's security properties, even as an administrative user""windows cannot access the specified...
  4. Can't access files or applications, don't have the "appropriate permissions" "even as an...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access files or applications, don't have the "appropriate permissions" "even as an...: My computer files are screwed up. My files and applications say: "You must have read permissions to view the properties of this object""you do not have permission to view this object's security properties, even as an administrative user""windows cannot access the specified...
  5. Grant Program Permission to Write Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Grant Program Permission to Write Files: Program is installed, upon first starting files are required to be written but access is not granted and I'm told to check permissions to folder in programdata, I've tried allowing everything but still the program has same error message. 179713
  6. you cannot access the file, path ,you may have appropriate permissions to access the file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    you cannot access the file, path ,you may have appropriate permissions to access the file: when i turned my pc on it showed a blue screen and and started automatic repair finnally it booted into windows but my start menu, tool bar, action center didn't work i tried sfc/scannow command it didn't work i tried DSIM command and tried sfc/scannow they succeded but my...
  7. Granting user permission on files and folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Granting user permission on files and folders: My brother was recently playing with the settings and ended up denying all kind of permission read, write, modify etc to my photograph folder. I had a tough time trying to fix it because i couldn't open it, nor copy it, even it's security tab was not readable. After enough...
  8. Granting permission to network user to change files.

Granting permission to network user to change files.: Hello there, Would you please help me to grant a permission for another computer( which is connected via network ) to change files. Thanks Ilhom...
  9. How do I grant permission to work with a file?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I grant permission to work with a file?: I tried to grant permission to work with a file for my husband's account on the same computer as mine. When I go through the security setting, it only lists me as an administrator and user. When I changed him from other user to family member, it showed his email but would not...
  10. Trouble granting file and program access and permissions in Windows 10

Trouble granting file and program access and permissions in Windows 10: Two similar issues. 1) We recently bought a new PC. I set up myself as administrator, and set up local user accounts for my family and me. As administrator, I transferred our picture files from the old computer (using an external hard drive). I've followed instructions...