Windows 10: How to get Windows 11 activation key?

Discus and support How to get Windows 11 activation key? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was running windows 11 and got a bluescreen and was never able to restore so I ended up with formatting and installing a new windows on the hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Terje Svendsen, Sep 6, 2024.

1. How to get Windows 11 activation key?

I was running windows 11 and got a bluescreen and was never able to restore so I ended up with formatting and installing a new windows on the hard disk. How can I get my product key now?

:)

Terje Svendsen, Sep 6, 2024

2. Windows 11 Pro activation key

Thanks for reaching out! I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you.

Have you tried logging in with the account linked to the digital license on your device? I've provided a few steps you can try including some more you can follow:

1. Link your Microsoft account: Ensure that your Microsoft account is linked to the digital license on your device. Go to Settings > Accounts > Your info and check if your Microsoft account is listed there. If not, click "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead" to link your account.
    2. Run the Activation Troubleshooter: Go to Settings > System > Activation, and click the "Troubleshoot" button. This will launch the Activation Troubleshooter, which can help reactivate Windows after a hardware change if your Microsoft account is linked correctly.
    3. Enter your existing product key: If the Troubleshooter doesn't resolve the issue, try entering your existing Windows 11 Pro product key. Go to Settings > System > Activation, and click "Change product key." Enter the key you used previously to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro.
    If you are still having issues after trying these steps, please let me know. I'll be happy to help.

Munkhbayar B., Sep 6, 2024
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    activate windows 7 oem key

There is no difference between the OEM disc and the Retail disc with Windows 7. A retail disc will accept a OEM or Retail key, and vise versa.

If the OEM Key wasn't going to work with the disc you have, it would have stopped you during the install when it first asked you for the key, not during activation.

What is likely the problem is that, since the OEM version has already been activated once, it is failing activation again. Activate it over the phone using the option given to you on the failed activation screen, and you shouldn't have a problem activating it.

newtekie1, Sep 6, 2024
  4. How to get Windows 11 activation key?

Windows Activation Problem (Problem with degrading back to activated windows 11 home)

I can help you with that. Here are the steps on how to go back to Windows 11 Home Single Language edition:

1. Disconnect your computer from the internet.
    2. Boot your computer into Safe Mode. To do this, follow these steps:
      • Press the power button to turn on your computer.
      • Immediately press and hold the Shift key.
      • Keep holding the Shift key until you see the Choose an option screen.
    3. Click on Troubleshoot.
    4. Click on Advanced options.
    5. Click on Start-up Settings.
    6. Click on the Restart button.
    7. When your computer restarts, you will see a list of options. Press the 4 key to select Safe Mode with Networking.
    8. Once your computer boots into Safe Mode, connect it to the internet.
    9. Open the Command Prompt as an administrator. To do this, follow these steps:
      • Click on the Start button.
      • Type cmd in the search bar.
      • Right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
    10. In the Command Prompt window, run the following command:
    Use code with caution.

1. Press Enter.
    2. Close the Command Prompt window.
    3. Restart your computer.
    Your computer should now be back to Windows 11 Home Single Language edition.

If the above steps do not work, you can try using a different product key to activate Windows 11 Home Single Language. You can find a list of valid product keys on Microsoft's website.

If you still cannot activate Windows 11 Home Single Language, you can contact Microsoft support for assistance.

Country Boy Jacob, Sep 6, 2024
Thema:

How to get Windows 11 activation key?

1. How to get Windows 11 activation key? - Similar Threads - activation key

2. WIndows 11 Activation Key was not emailed, how do I find it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIndows 11 Activation Key was not emailed, how do I find it?: So I bought windows 11 home directly from Microsoft. I was told the Windows 11 product key would be emailed to me but it never was so when it showed up in the web browser I did not immediately save the number. Is there any other way to find the product key that I paid for? My...
  3. WIndows 11 Activation Key was not emailed, how do I find it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIndows 11 Activation Key was not emailed, how do I find it?: So I bought windows 11 home directly from Microsoft. I was told the Windows 11 product key would be emailed to me but it never was so when it showed up in the web browser I did not immediately save the number. Is there any other way to find the product key that I paid for? My...
  4. Can I trade in an unused activation key for windows 10 to get a windows 11 activation key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I trade in an unused activation key for windows 10 to get a windows 11 activation key?: I have a windows 10 activation key that I am 99.9% certain hasnt been used and would like to know if there is any way that I can trade it up for a windows 11 key... The product was bought from a reseller a few years back being advertised as windows 11......
  5. Can I trade in an unused activation key for windows 10 to get a windows 11 activation key?

Can I trade in an unused activation key for windows 10 to get a windows 11 activation key?: I have a windows 10 activation key that I am 99.9% certain hasnt been used and would like to know if there is any way that I can trade it up for a windows 11 key... The product was bought from a reseller a few years back being advertised as windows 11......
  6. Windows is making me purchase a new activation key!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is making me purchase a new activation key!: I just swapped CPUs on my computer and put my motherboard and everything into a new tower. Now after getting everything working, Windows is demanding I purchase a new activation key, because "We can’t find any devices linked to your Microsoft account that can be used for...
  7. Windows is making me purchase a new activation key!

Windows is making me purchase a new activation key!: I just swapped CPUs on my computer and put my motherboard and everything into a new tower. Now after getting everything working, Windows is demanding I purchase a new activation key, because "We can’t find any devices linked to your Microsoft account that can be used for...
  8. Activation of Product Key issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation of Product Key issue: I purchase new Windows 11 Home Edition Laptop but I Logged in with my old microsoft account which was already linked to my old windows 10 pc. Now when i try to open Office app on my new windows 11 like word, excel it showing popup enter product keyim fetching from cmd and...
  9. Activation of Product Key issue

Activation of Product Key issue: I purchase new Windows 11 Home Edition Laptop but I Logged in with my old microsoft account which was already linked to my old windows 10 pc. Now when i try to open Office app on my new windows 11 like word, excel it showing popup enter product keyim fetching from cmd and...
  10. Hi. I lost my Windows activation key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hi. I lost my Windows activation key: I wat to activate windows on my new laptop and for now I dont have access to the device with windows activated. What I need to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-i-lost-my-windows-activation-key/5775d67a-a800-4704-b12a-41a17bb67082