Windows 10: How to get the sound system working on my laptop?

Discus and support How to get the sound system working on my laptop? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I use the phone link to watch something on my laptop the sound keeps coming from phone instead of the laptop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Maathangi Sivananthan, May 2, 2023.

1. How to get the sound system working on my laptop?

When I use the phone link to watch something on my laptop the sound keeps coming from phone instead of the laptop.

:)

Maathangi Sivananthan, May 2, 2023
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue How to get the sound system working on my laptop? :p

cadaveca, May 2, 2023
  3. No Sound/Audio in Dell Laptop

Hello Guys,

I have a relatively new laptop (7 months old) I did a windows update today and after that laptop audio says no audio hardware found. There is X symbol on audio in notification tray. I did the usual uninstall reinstall etc no use. I go to device manager and I don't see the sound tab to expand. Under system devices, there is a error for Intel Audio system Bus. when I right click sound and click playback, I don't see any devices listed either.

What would be my next troubleshooting step, please help

Thanks

lCHECKMATEI, May 2, 2023
  4. zbook Win User

How to get the sound system working on my laptop?

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, May 2, 2023
Thema:

How to get the sound system working on my laptop?

1. How to get the sound system working on my laptop? - Similar Threads - sound system working

2. My laptop sound is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop sound is not working: my laptop sound isn't working, i did not mute the volume and i have tried changing the speakers. it does not work when my airpods are connected either. i have tried troubleshooting it as well, but it hasn't changed....
  3. My laptop sound is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop sound is not working: my laptop sound isn't working, i did not mute the volume and i have tried changing the speakers. it does not work when my airpods are connected either. i have tried troubleshooting it as well, but it hasn't changed....
  4. How to get the sound system working on my laptop?

How to get the sound system working on my laptop?: When I use the phone link to watch something on my laptop the sound keeps coming from phone instead of the laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-the-sound-system-working-on-my-laptop/de3ae0b4-c431-4d6b-a533-2de19511b9aa
  5. System sounds not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System sounds not working: Sort of two problems. First the system sounds will not play at all e.g. - clicking, opening stuff ect. Second I previously had Windows 7 and used the "Calligraphy" theme. I really liked these sound effects however there is no way to add them with Windows 11. Have these theme...
  6. System sounds not working

System sounds not working: Sort of two problems. First the system sounds will not play at all e.g. - clicking, opening stuff ect. Second I previously had Windows 7 and used the "Calligraphy" theme. I really liked these sound effects however there is no way to add them with Windows 11. Have these theme...
  7. my system sound is not working properly.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my system sound is not working properly.: my system sound is not working properly. If am watching or attenting clases by audio stops then i restart it will work for few minutes less than 5 minutes. what is the solution for this?...
  8. Sound System Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound System Not Working: I have no sound on my Windows 10 computer. I even bought a USB sound card, but nothing. The devices appear in device manager and with no errors. I tried everything on the web, but nothing. My PC is Lenovo ThinkPad L480 workstation and it's very frustrating that my sound is...
  9. sound on my laptop not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    sound on my laptop not working: I have an HP Laptop with Windows 10 OS. I cannot hear sounds from. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/sound-on-my-laptop-not-working/ca725714-32a7-4341-82d2-76f979b4d0ea
  10. System Sounds not working?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System Sounds not working?: Hi all - having a strange issue on my Win10 Pro 64-bit desktop. All sound is working fine, EXCEPT the System Sounds (recycle bin delete noise, Windows startup sound, etc). I can watch Youtube, listen to music, do voice chat, etc and all is fine there, but cannot hear any of...