Windows 10: How to get the old photo editor back?

Discus and support How to get the old photo editor back? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; After the Photos app updated to the new useless one I installed the Legacy Photos app. This still has the new useless editor though. How can I get the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Martin Ainscow, Nov 7, 2023.

1. How to get the old photo editor back?

After the Photos app updated to the new useless one I installed the Legacy Photos app. This still has the new useless editor though. How can I get the old editor back?

:)

Martin Ainscow, Nov 7, 2023

2. Issues with Microsoft photo editor

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Are you aware of any changes made on your computer recently?
    3. What exactly happen when you try to use the Photo editor?
    4. Which version of Windows are you currently using?

I understand you are facing issues with Photo editor application, if you are using the Photo editor app which is downloaded from Microsoft Store, I suggest you to refer the following article and try few troubleshooting
    steps to fix issues with Photo editor
    and check if that helps.

Microsoft has replaced Photo Editor with Microsoft Office Picture Manager, a new photo editing and cataloging program in Office 2010, in Office 2007, and in Office 2003.

If the application has been removed from your PC, when you install Microsoft Office 2010, Microsoft Office 2007, or Microsoft Office 2003, I suggest you to refer the following article to reinstall

Photo Editor
    and check if that helps.

Reply back with the information, to help you further.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Nov 7, 2023
  3. Photo editor

Hi,

For us to provided better assistance, we need you to answer the following questions:

• Are you looking for the control panel of a photo editor application?
    • Did you use Windows Store to install the photo editor application?
    • Have you encountered any error messages upon trying to open the control panel?
    • What is the name and version of the photo editor application you're using?

We are looking forward for your response.

Darleen Pen, Nov 7, 2023
  4. KGrant1 Win User

How to get the old photo editor back?

Don't like Windows 10 photo editor!

I have searched everywhere for a photo editor that is easy to use like the old version on windows 8.

I miss the ability to increase or decrease shadows, ability to highlight one color, etc...

is there a way to get the old version OR can you suggest a photo editor that is as easy to use.

I loved the old version!

KGrant1, Nov 7, 2023
Thema:

How to get the old photo editor back?

1. How to get the old photo editor back? - Similar Threads - old photo editor

2. How do I get my photo editor back? The last update "replaced" the photo editor that I'd...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my photo editor back? The last update "replaced" the photo editor that I'd...: How do I get my photo editor back? The last update "replaced" the photo editor that I'd been using with a bag of junk that is unusable. I'm dead in the water....
  3. How do I get my photo editor back? The last update "replaced" the photo editor that I'd...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get my photo editor back? The last update "replaced" the photo editor that I'd...: How do I get my photo editor back? The last update "replaced" the photo editor that I'd been using with a bag of junk that is unusable. I'm dead in the water....
  4. How do I get the old Video Editor app back?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get the old Video Editor app back?: I used the built in app titled "Video Editor" to make videos in 2020-2021. I loved the editing style that it had, but when I try to open it now it takes me to the photos app. How do I get back the old app? submitted by /u/Tale3339_XD [link] [comments]...
  5. How to get the old photo editor back?

How to get the old photo editor back?: After the Photos app updated to the new useless one I installed the Legacy Photos app. This still has the new useless editor though. How can I get the old editor back?...
  6. How to get the old photo editor back?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to get the old photo editor back?: After the Photos app updated to the new useless one I installed the Legacy Photos app. This still has the new useless editor though. How can I get the old editor back?...
  7. How to back the old Windows Photo Viever

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to back the old Windows Photo Viever: so you can revert it by clicking this link and warning this is non Microsoft link https://quickfever.com/windows-photo-viewer/ find the then download it like this and open and extract it like this open it like this then this hit ok and set Windows Photo Viewer as default like...
  8. How to back the old Windows Photo Viever

How to back the old Windows Photo Viever: so you can revert it by clicking this link and warning this is non Microsoft link https://quickfever.com/windows-photo-viewer/ find the then download it like this and open and extract it like this open it like this then this hit ok and set Windows Photo Viewer as default like...
  9. How to back the old Windows Photo Viever

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. How do I get the old photo viewer back?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I get the old photo viewer back?: How do I get the old (win7/8) photo viewer back in windows 10? The windows 10 Photos app takes 30 seconds to open every time you want to view an image, which is just unacceptable. I used to be able to change it back after every windows update via the "default apps"...