Windows 10: How to get task bar to show when alt tabbed from a game?

Discus and support How to get task bar to show when alt tabbed from a game? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; All of the sudden when I opened a game and alt tabbed on it my task bar would not show. I have auto hide turned off and checked GeForce experiences yet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Zander Alvarez, Nov 8, 2023.

1. How to get task bar to show when alt tabbed from a game?

All of the sudden when I opened a game and alt tabbed on it my task bar would not show. I have auto hide turned off and checked GeForce experiences yet nothing seemed to fix it. The space where the task bar would be is taken up but the bar is invisible.

:)

Zander Alvarez, Nov 8, 2023
  2. Sasqui Win User

alt + tab not working

In XP, I've found I can't alt-tab in, or out of games. In game, I can Ctrl-esc to get out, then I have to click on the task bar to get back in.

Sasqui, Nov 8, 2023
  3. Unknown task when switching with Alt+Tab

Hi FrankyMacky,

I understand your concern about installing third-party tools on your work laptop. In that case, you can try using the built-in Windows Task Scheduler to create a task that runs the command "tasklist" or a similar command to list running processes and their associated windows. You can then filter the output to show only the ones associated with the Alt+Tab list.

To do this, you can follow these steps:

> Open Task Scheduler by typing "Task Scheduler" in the Windows search bar.

> Click on "Create Task" in the "Actions" pane on the right.

> In the "General" tab, give your task a name and select "Run with highest privileges".

> In the "Triggers" tab, click "New" and set a trigger to run the task at a certain interval, such as every 5 minutes.

> In the "Actions" tab, click "New" and set the action to run the command "tasklist" or a similar command.

> In the "Conditions" tab, check the box for "Start only if the following network connection is available" and select your preferred network connection.

> In the "Settings" tab, check the box for "Allow task to be run on demand" and "Run task as soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed".

> Click "OK" to create the task.

Once the task is created, you can run it manually to get a list of running processes and their associated windows, and then filter the output to show only the ones associated with the Alt+Tab list. This should help you identify the unnamed task without installing any third-party tools.

I hope this solution works for you. Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Best regards,

John D.

Independent Advisor

John Jefferson D., Nov 8, 2023
  4. How to get task bar to show when alt tabbed from a game?

Unknown task when switching with Alt+Tab

Hi FrankyMacky,

Unfortunately, the "tasklist" command or Task Manager cannot filter the running processes by the ones that show up with Alt+Tab. However, you can try using a third-party tool such as Process Explorer or System Explorer, which can provide a more detailed view of running processes and their associated windows. These tools can also help you identify the unnamed task by showing you the windows associated with each process.

Alternatively, you can try using the Alt+Tab Tuner utility, which is a third-party tool that allows you to customize the Alt+Tab behavior and exclude certain apps or windows from appearing in the Alt+Tab list. This might help you exclude the unnamed task from the Alt+Tab list altogether.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

John D.

Independent Advisor

John Jefferson D., Nov 8, 2023
Thema:

How to get task bar to show when alt tabbed from a game?

1. How to get task bar to show when alt tabbed from a game? - Similar Threads - task bar show

2. When "alt+tabbing" from a game, my taskbar dispears and just shows the game underneath.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When "alt+tabbing" from a game, my taskbar dispears and just shows the game underneath.: I haven't had this problem before and I do not think I turned on any setting for it to be this way. Here is an image for example. I've tried everything I've seen like switching from dark mode to light mode and back, turning off GeForce Experience in-game overlay, etc. Nothing...
  3. How to get task bar to show when alt tabbed from a game?

How to get task bar to show when alt tabbed from a game?: All of the sudden when I opened a game and alt tabbed on it my task bar would not show. I have auto hide turned off and checked GeForce experiences yet nothing seemed to fix it. The space where the task bar would be is taken up but the bar is invisible....
  4. Unknown task when switching with Alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown task when switching with Alt+Tab: I made a modifications to my Windows 10 to get the old behaviour of Alt+Tab image below, i.e., to show the application icons of the tasks being switched rather than previews of their windows. Recently, however, when I Alt+Tab, I see an unnamed task on the far left image...
  5. Unknown task when switching with Alt+Tab

Unknown task when switching with Alt+Tab: I made a modifications to my Windows 10 to get the old behaviour of Alt+Tab image below, i.e., to show the application icons of the tasks being switched rather than previews of their windows. Recently, however, when I Alt+Tab, I see an unnamed task on the far left image...
  6. Unknown task when switching with Alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Alt + Tab and Task Bar Freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt + Tab and Task Bar Freezing: Recently I ran into an issue where when I open either Microsoft Apps, Windows Store Apps and the Settings on my pc it will cause my task bar and alt tab to freeze. The problem fixes after a few seconds and would perform all the things I did. Example: If I spammed alt tab, it...
  8. alt tab returning to task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    alt tab returning to task bar: Full screen apps and games keep minimizing itselfwhen i do alt tab the app minimize, same as clicking the app on the task bar, it always minimize https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alt-tab-returning-to-task-bar/79a0bc2a-cadb-475f-9ad0-8350b8acdb27
  9. Getting eventID 65 0x57 errors when alt tabbing from a game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting eventID 65 0x57 errors when alt tabbing from a game: SInce upgrading to Windows 10 2004 update i have been getting these eventID 65 0x57 errors in my eventviewer everytime i tab out of a game. -<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> -<System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-AppModel-Runtime"...
  10. Taskbar missing when alt-tabbing from a game

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar missing when alt-tabbing from a game: I know this has been posted before, but it looks like it was largely posted 2-3 years ago, and I don't see any recent posts. So, my assumption is either this was fixed or there was a workaround published in the past couple years that I just can't find. In any case, if it...