Windows 10: how to get folder icons to show full picture not half cut off

Discus and support how to get folder icons to show full picture not half cut off in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; hi i really don't like these windows 11 folders! i wouldn't of upgraded to windows 11 if i knew it would mess up my 1000s of folders!! All my folders... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Stephen Murrell, Jul 20, 2024.

1. how to get folder icons to show full picture not half cut off

hi i really don't like these windows 11 folders! i wouldn't of upgraded to windows 11 if i knew it would mess up my 1000s of folders!! All my folders have an image over them showing what pictures or movies etc are in each folder. now with this windows 11 folder that I hate it only shows half the image cut off like its tucked inside the folder it looks HORRIBLE I hate it I want to see the full images over the folder not half I mean whats the point of that?? I need to see the full images so can someone please help? I see someone else asked the same question but the reply on how to do it made no

:)

Stephen Murrell, Jul 20, 2024
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Photo Icons in the Picture Folders

Hi,

Misconfigured view settings is on of the usual reasons why it is not displaying the actual photo. We suggest checking the settings of your folder to make sure it show the icons, instead of the thumbnail. Kindly follow the steps below to check it:

• Open Picture folder.
    • Choose View tab at the top, then click the (Square icon) Options as shown on the picture below:
      how to get folder icons to show full picture not half cut off acdc00f8-fb41-47d4-960e-166f8c7715e3.png
    • Click View tab, put a check mark on the box beside the
      Always show icons, never thumbnails. See picture below:

how to get folder icons to show full picture not half cut off 25255605-64c1-4d21-92f9-f2dcf1a0791d.png
    • Close the folder, and check if you will be able to see the display picture for each icon.

Kindly update us with the outcome.

Mayra Aqu, Jul 20, 2024
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. Callender Win User

how to get folder icons to show full picture not half cut off

Fix only half of files showing thumbnails & half showing icons

I might suggest: Uncheck "Display file icon on thumbnails" in explorer view options.
    how to get folder icons to show full picture not half cut off 394656d1691006470t-fix-only-half-files-showing-thumbnails-half-showing-icons-file-icon.jpg
    Open Folder Options in Windows 10 The issue seems to be file extension jpeg and not jpg so check file associations for both and if different set default program for jpeg to whatever you're using for jpg.
    how to get folder icons to show full picture not half cut off 394657d1691006752t-fix-only-half-files-showing-thumbnails-half-showing-icons-settings.jpg
    Choose Default Apps in Windows 10

Callender, Jul 20, 2024
Thema:

how to get folder icons to show full picture not half cut off

1. how to get folder icons to show full picture not half cut off - Similar Threads - folder icons show

2. how to get folder icons to show full picture not half cut off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to get folder icons to show full picture not half cut off: hi i really don't like these windows 11 folders! i wouldn't of upgraded to windows 11 if i knew it would mess up my 1000s of folders!! All my folders have an image over them showing what pictures or movies etc are in each folder. now with this windows 11 folder that I hate it...
  3. MS Profile Picture Getting Cut Off

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Profile Picture Getting Cut Off: Hello,I'm trying to update my profile picture. I've tried various photos and no matter which I choose, I only get a slice at the top. I've tried maybe 6 different photos and they all have the same result. Any ideas?Thank you...
  4. MS Profile Picture Getting Cut Off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Profile Picture Getting Cut Off: Hello,I'm trying to update my profile picture. I've tried various photos and no matter which I choose, I only get a slice at the top. I've tried maybe 6 different photos and they all have the same result. Any ideas?Thank you...
  5. MS Profile Picture Getting Cut Off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. picture folders don't show actaual pictures on icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    picture folders don't show actaual pictures on icons: picture folders don't show actual pictures on icons but when I click on a picture it then shows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/picture-folders-dont-show-actaual-pictures-on/2af69b69-a503-41d4-8a50-68e741fafe6e
  7. picture folders don't show actaual pictures on icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    picture folders don't show actaual pictures on icons: picture folders don't show actual pictures on icons but when I click on a picture it then shows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/picture-folders-dont-show-actaual-pictures-on/2af69b69-a503-41d4-8a50-68e741fafe6e
  8. How to show a picture-on-picture folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to show a picture-on-picture folders: That was a question I needed answering.I went to 22h2, they automatically appeared,now back to 21h2, how do i show a picture in or on the plain vanilla folders....
  9. How to show a picture-on-picture folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to show a picture-on-picture folders: That was a question I needed answering.I went to 22h2, they automatically appeared,now back to 21h2, how do i show a picture in or on the plain vanilla folders....
  10. icons cut off

in Windows 10 Customization
    icons cut off: Just changed to a new hdmi tv for display and desktop icons are cut off on the borders. How do I get them to all appear on the screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-cut-off/835a5c39-c0eb-4163-bb3d-d5b047f5a529