Windows 10: How to get back 'Manage Selection' menu item to a SharePoint list item on right click

Discus and support How to get back 'Manage Selection' menu item to a SharePoint list item on right click in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, We have a SharePoint 2013 site and an item list where the list used to show a Menu called "Manage Selection" with default menu items when user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Surya Tikkani, Nov 29, 2021.

1. How to get back 'Manage Selection' menu item to a SharePoint list item on right click

Hi, We have a SharePoint 2013 site and an item list where the list used to show a Menu called "Manage Selection" with default menu items when user right clicks on a list item or click on 3 dots ellipsis, But somehow it is not showing up now in the default menu items. How do I get back the Menu item. Am I missing any setting in the site?its a great help if any one can respond on this Q.Thank YouSurya

:)

Surya Tikkani, Nov 29, 2021

2. Select item in list

Says in the manual to select an item from a list in a text message you press (but not hold it down) the pen icon button and the centre joystick button at the same time. I do this and it does nothing.

As contrasted to selecting multiple items in a list which it says you do by holding the pen icon button DOWN and then pressing the down or up arrow.

And to select text, you hold it down and press the right or left joystick button.

I think the part about selecting an item in a list is either incorrect or Nokia's definition of a list is different to mine How to get back 'Manage Selection' menu item to a SharePoint list item on right click :)

Either way pressing then letting go the pen button and middle joystick button does nada.

longshanks---01, Nov 29, 2021
  3. sapor Win User
    add or edit item to sharepoint list #office365

Greetings everyone,

I am new to the forums, so I hope I am doing things the right way, otherwise pls correct me, or send me the right link.

• Your program and version
    Installed Office

• Your operating system and version
    Windows Phone 8

OS 8.0.9903.10

Using Office 365 with an E3 plan.

I can see the Teamsite and the sharepoint lists and the items on that list, but...

this is what buggs me:

I cannot add or edit any item on the list.

Is this how Microsoft designed the feature? And is there another app out there with add and editing features? Or should I just rest in the search for these features?

thx a lot.

Greetings

Trying everything.

sapor, Nov 29, 2021
  4. How to get back 'Manage Selection' menu item to a SharePoint list item on right click

Select item in list

Page 84 of the manual in the Write Text part of the Messaging section:

Edit text and lists

• To mark an item in a list, scroll to it, and press [pencil icon] and [centre button icon] at the same time.

• To mark multiple items in a list, press and hold [pencil icon] button while you press or [centre button icon] To end the selection, release [centre button icon] button

, then release [pencil icon] button

My question is pretty much the same as yours. What lists? I tried writing a text with a list in a variety of formats but nothing worked.

Like a text containing "thing1, thing2, thing3"

as well as on containing:

"thing1,

thing2,

thing3"

But I couldn't mark an item by pressing both buttons at the same time.

longshanks---01, Nov 29, 2021
Thema:

How to get back 'Manage Selection' menu item to a SharePoint list item on right click

1. How to get back 'Manage Selection' menu item to a SharePoint list item on right click - Similar Threads - 'Manage Selection' menu

2. Quickly Select Item From Right Click Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quickly Select Item From Right Click Menu: I just switched to Windows and am trying to learn and optimise my workflow. Something I am dearly missing is the ability to quickly select a menu item from the right click context menu, by right clicking and holding on an item, moving the cursor to the menu item, and...
  3. Quickly Select Item From Right Click Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quickly Select Item From Right Click Menu: I just switched to Windows and am trying to learn and optimise my workflow. Something I am dearly missing is the ability to quickly select a menu item from the right click context menu, by right clicking and holding on an item, moving the cursor to the menu item, and...
  4. How to get back 'Manage Selection' menu item to a SharePoint list item on right click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get back 'Manage Selection' menu item to a SharePoint list item on right click: Hi, We have a SharePoint 2013 site and an item list where the list used to show a Menu called "Manage Selection" with default menu items when user right clicks on a list item or click on 3 dots ellipsis, But somehow it is not showing up now in the default menu items. How do I...
  5. Items get deleted when clicked or selected.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Items get deleted when clicked or selected.: So, whenever I left click on a folder or a file it gets deleted automatically. Then again when I try to recover my files from recycle bin a pop up comes up which says "do you want to delete your files permanently". My icons are also disappearing from my desktop whenever I...
  6. Is there a way to bring back the useful/full right-click menu on items in the start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to bring back the useful/full right-click menu on items in the start menu?: When I right-click something in the start menu, it brings up this really useless menu that seems to have the whole "metro design" style. but it really lacks any sort of useful options (see here) When I right-click something on the desktop, it brings up the full, useful...
  7. Classic Right Click Menu On Taskbar Items

in Windows 10 Support
    Classic Right Click Menu On Taskbar Items: Hello. I'd like to state that I'm aware that 7++ Taskbar Tweaker has that classic menu option when right clicking on a Taskbar tab (refer to picture), yet I'm sure there's a Registry tweak for that. Does anyone know where in the Registry that is located? [img] 121583
  8. Right click on Start menu item, item disappears

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click on Start menu item, item disappears: A reinstall of Insider Preview. If I click on "Start", scroll to a program, Outlook, for example, when I right click the Start menu disappears.Happens with any Program, App, that I click on. There's sort of a 1 second delay before its gone. Ran an sfc /scannow and found...
  9. menu selected items (blue?)

in Windows 10 Customization
    menu selected items (blue?): So.. is it blue, by default? Not possible to change ? I hate this baby-blue color.... [img] 11638
  10. Right Clicking Start Menu Items not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Clicking Start Menu Items not Working: Hi all. This is my first post. Using win 10. The Issue i'm having is that when I right click on the Windows Start Icon, I get a list of menu items: Apps features power options event viewer * system, device manager* network connections disk management* computer...