Windows 10: How to fix the keys NOT repeating even when held pressed problem?

Discus and support How to fix the keys NOT repeating even when held pressed problem? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello.When I hold down any key on my keyboard, it does not continue to repeat whatever I typed. IE, I hold down 'x' but only get 'x' instead of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Himanshu Nandal, Jul 2, 2024 at 7:32 AM.

1. How to fix the keys NOT repeating even when held pressed problem?

Hello.When I hold down any key on my keyboard, it does not continue to repeat whatever I typed. IE, I hold down 'x' but only get 'x' instead of 'xxxxxxxxx'. I cannot use the arrow keys to scroll efficiently since I have to press them over and over again and backspace gets rid of one character for each press which got annoying after one word. I noticed the problem first while scrolling using the down arrow key, which wasn't really scrolling, just nudging.I have looked through Sticky Keys, Filter Keys, Repeat Keys, etc. I have Filter Keys, Sticky Keys, and Toggle Keys turned o

:)

Himanshu Nandal, Jul 2, 2024 at 7:32 AM
  2. NERO155 Win User

ALT and CTRL key gets automatically pressed (held)

Hey Derrick thanks for the suggestion.

Tried this today and the problem persists.

ALT key still gets automatically pressed and on screen keyboard shows both CTRL keys being held.

Yes I still have this problem using an external keyboard as well.

Nero.

3. paul7876 Win User
    Key press beeps go funny if a key is held down (E71)

Hi everyone,

Has anyone else noticed that the beeps produced by pressing a key go a bit funny if a key is held down for a few seconds to make it beep repidly?

If I'm scrolling down a long list of files, the key beeps change to what is almost a double beep, then if I do it again theres a click and it all goes back to normal.

I don't think this is a hardware fault, as its never been dropped, has done this since day one, and only happens if I hold a key down as opposed to pressing it quickly.

Anyone else noticed this?

Paul

4. How to fix the keys NOT repeating even when held pressed problem?

Control key held down

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I’ll certainly help you with this.

Before we proceed, please answer the following questions to help you better.

• Does this issue occur only while using the Microsoft Office Suite?
    • What is the exact error message that you get?

Check if the Sticky Keys and Toggle keys are turned on. If yes, I suggest you to turn it off. To do so, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + I and click on Ease of Access.
    • Click on Keyboard tab.
    • Turn off Sticky Keys and Toggle keys.
    • Check if the issue persist.

Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Jul 2, 2024 at 7:35 AM
Thema:

How to fix the keys NOT repeating even when held pressed problem?

1. How to fix the keys NOT repeating even when held pressed problem? - Similar Threads - fix keys repeating

2. How to fix the keys NOT repeating even when held pressed problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix the keys NOT repeating even when held pressed problem?: Hello. When I hold down any key on my keyboard, it does not continue to repeat whatever I typed. IE, I hold down 'x' but only get 'x' instead of 'xxxxxxxxx'. I cannot use the arrow keys to scroll efficiently since I have to press them over and over again and backspace gets...
  3. How to fix the keys NOT repeating even when held pressed problem?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix the keys NOT repeating even when held pressed problem?: Hello. When I hold down any key on my keyboard, it does not continue to repeat whatever I typed. IE, I hold down 'x' but only get 'x' instead of 'xxxxxxxxx'. I cannot use the arrow keys to scroll efficiently since I have to press them over and over again and backspace gets...
  4. How to fix the keys NOT repeating even when held pressed problem?

How to fix the keys NOT repeating even when held pressed problem?: Hello.When I hold down any key on my keyboard, it does not continue to repeat whatever I typed. IE, I hold down 'x' but only get 'x' instead of 'xxxxxxxxx'. I cannot use the arrow keys to scroll efficiently since I have to press them over and over again and backspace gets rid...
  5. One specific key will not auto-repeat when held down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One specific key will not auto-repeat when held down.: I have an extremely specific issue that I cannot for the life of me figure out. I've already tried setting the keyboard speed and repeat rate, I've made sure Sticky Keys and Filter Keys are off. I've already tried toggling them.The issue is that every key on my keyboard works...
  6. One specific key will not auto-repeat when held down.

One specific key will not auto-repeat when held down.: I have an extremely specific issue that I cannot for the life of me figure out. I've already tried setting the keyboard speed and repeat rate, I've made sure Sticky Keys and Filter Keys are off. I've already tried toggling them.The issue is that every key on my keyboard works...
  7. ALT and CTRL key gets automatically pressed held

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ALT and CTRL key gets automatically pressed held: Hello have been going through every single thread about this without a solution. Basicly a couple times a day since three months back the ALT or CTRL key gets automatically pressed on my laptop, I can see when I click on on screen keyboard that both the CTRL keys are pressed...
  8. When held down, the Ctrl key rapidly repeats

in Windows 10 Customization
    When held down, the Ctrl key rapidly repeats: With the last two versions of Windows 10 pro, my ctrl key cannot be held down without the result rapidly repeating. This is evidenced by a circle on the screen which appears to be blinking really fast. Normally the ctrl key would indicate where the mouse is. It still does,...
  9. Held Keys Repeat Choppily

Held Keys Repeat Choppily: So recently I've been having a small issue with my laptop. After 10-20 minutes of having my computer on and typing in any browser I've tested Chrome and Edge, any time I hold a key the repetition is slow and choppy, as if there was a delay between each new repetition...
  10. Phantom Keyboard: '=' key repeatedly pressed even when keyboard is unplugged: Narrowed down...

Phantom Keyboard: '=' key repeatedly pressed even when keyboard is unplugged: Narrowed down...: Hi, I am using the latest version of Windows 10. Last night my computer began typing '=' repeatedly. It starts slow, then speeds up and eventually slows down again. The problem persists even when I unplug my keyboard. In lulls of rapid fire '=' I am able to login and...