Windows 10: How to fix PC froze now won't boot past motherboard screen?

Discus and support How to fix PC froze now won't boot past motherboard screen? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Not sure if this is the place to ask but here is the how and what of the issue.1. PC Freezes during usage randomly not a regular occurrence, so I wait... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Boogiebaggins, Jul 21, 2023.

1. How to fix PC froze now won't boot past motherboard screen?

Not sure if this is the place to ask but here is the how and what of the issue.1. PC Freezes during usage randomly not a regular occurrence, so I wait for a bit then.2. I get a blue page that says "Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart". We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you. 3. I get impatient and just turn off the pc and reboot and it reboots 4. It freezes within 30 seconds after I login into profile I shut it down then reboot5. I get to the screen to enter bios then it just stays there GIGABYTE Ultra Durable is what screen saysSo that

:)

Boogiebaggins, Jul 21, 2023
  2. NdMk2o1o Win User

Computer won't Get Past Boot Screen

Safe mode and run driver sweeper

NdMk2o1o, Jul 21, 2023
  3. MikeTyson Win User
    Computer won't Get Past Boot Screen

Basically just made a new PC

ASUS P5LP-LE
    X1300 PCI-E
    2GB 533MHz
    Win Xp Pro SP3

all worked amazingly. uninstalled video drivers. windows did some updates before it shut down. shut down ok, then i changed the graphics card from x1300 to 7950gt, and it freezes on boot screen

switched back to x1300, still freezes on boot screen.

set jumper to clear cmos, turned pc on, freezes at boot screen again

then i put x850xt in, freezes at boot screen. removed 6 pin power connector to x850xt, get a warning that says "NO POWER CONNECTOR TO GRAPHICS CARD", so i turn off and connect it. still freezes at boot screen.

fucking hell, all i did was swiTch a graphics card, then when i put it back it doesnt care!!

WHAT !

seriously i spent all day fixing this thing up and now it just fucks me over, im so annoyed

any suggestions?

MikeTyson, Jul 21, 2023
  4. How to fix PC froze now won't boot past motherboard screen?

PC goes into black screen and froze

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's not a software related issue which is why I was suggesting that you remove the video card to start with since it's such an easy process of elimination step.

I'm not familiar with AMD CPUs, I did see that you had listed in your system specs but I had no idea whether or not it has an iGPU

Is there any possibility of you being able to get your hands on any compatible video card at all?it would be the easiest step to try to troubleshoot or at least one of the easier ones. You should be able to get into the bios without anything but A display cable hooked up to the motherboard

jboydgolfer, Jul 21, 2023
Thema:

How to fix PC froze now won't boot past motherboard screen?

1. How to fix PC froze now won't boot past motherboard screen? - Similar Threads - fix froze won't

2. Computer won't boot past loading screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer won't boot past loading screen: I haven't had any problems at all with my PC failing to start since yesterday. It had been off for maybe 4 or 5 hours and when I went to start it up again, I was stuck on the Gigabyte loading screen. Couldn't get to the bios, couldn't get past that screen, and the lights on...
  3. Pc froze on log-on screen and is now in a boot loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc froze on log-on screen and is now in a boot loop: My PC is stuck in a boot loop after freezing on the log-on screen of windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-froze-on-log-on-screen-and-is-now-in-a-boot/054a9d9e-d906-4b7d-a16b-311e4e1ea4dd
  4. Pc froze on log-on screen and is now in a boot loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc froze on log-on screen and is now in a boot loop: My PC is stuck in a boot loop after freezing on the log-on screen of windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-froze-on-log-on-screen-and-is-now-in-a-boot/054a9d9e-d906-4b7d-a16b-311e4e1ea4dd
  5. Pc froze on log-on screen and is now in a boot loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How to fix PC froze now won't boot past motherboard screen?

How to fix PC froze now won't boot past motherboard screen?: Not sure if this is the place to ask but here is the how and what of the issue.1. PC Freezes during usage randomly not a regular occurrence, so I wait for a bit then.2. I get a blue page that says "Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart". We're just collecting...
  7. How to fix PC froze now won't boot past motherboard screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix PC froze now won't boot past motherboard screen?: Not sure if this is the place to ask but here is the how and what of the issue.1. PC Freezes during usage randomly not a regular occurrence, so I wait for a bit then.2. I get a blue page that says "Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart". We're just collecting...
  8. PC froze and now won't do anything

PC froze and now won't do anything: My computer froze in the middle of a game so I hard reset and now, when i turn it on, it gets stuck on a gray screen. No splash or anything. Only thing that does anything is ctrl alt del, it shuts off the screen....
  9. Win 10 Update broke PC - now it won't boot - How to fix?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Update broke PC - now it won't boot - How to fix?: Attempting to boot results in a blue stop screen with Stop Code BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO Eventually I get to a screen with various repair options. When I choose command prompt and enter "bcdedit /store c:\Boot\BCD" I get an error: boot configuration data store could not be...
  10. Windows 10 froze, had to hard reset, now won't boot

Windows 10 froze, had to hard reset, now won't boot: I was working with my laptop (which has Windows 10) today, and for unknown reasons it just froze (couldn't use the mouse, Curl+All+Delete wouldn't work) so after 10 minutes or so had no other choice so I had to do hard reset, after that It wont start/boot the windows, it goes...