Windows 10: How to fix not being able to reset a pc

Discus and support How to fix not being able to reset a pc in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I currently have a blue error screen on my pc that doesn’t let me go to my home page. I try to restart it but it always fails and hasn’t worked. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Szymon May, Jun 27, 2024 at 8:17 PM.

1. How to fix not being able to reset a pc

I currently have a blue error screen on my pc that doesn’t let me go to my home page. I try to restart it but it always fails and hasn’t worked. When I try to reset my pc using the troubleshoot setting in the choose an option page. It always has a problem no matter if I choose to get rid of all files or keep my files. I’m pretty sure I’ve downloaded a virus and I can’t download a virus protection application since I’m stuck at the blue page. I don’t know what to do and I need help.

:)

2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

4. Tankachoo Win User

How to fix not being able to reset a pc

Factory Reset Windows10: There was a problem resetting your PC FIX

How to Factory Reset Windows10 or upgraded to Windows10 from Windows7 or 8.
    This is also a FIX for the ERROR: There was a problem resetting your PC.
    This fix is only for Legit Authorized Copies of Windows 7, 8, or 10.

Hey all, I upgraded to Win10 from Win8.1 when it was released for free upgrades in 2015. It is now 2016 and I wanted to Factory Reset my PC so I can start fresh again. I attempted to do it from Settings/Update and Security/Recovery/Reset this PC as suggested by Microsoft but I received and error saying "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made." After searching the web I found many different fixes but they all seems so involved. Making a boot flash drive or burning a DVD and use their software... There is an awesome tutorial on this forum called Windows 10 Clean Install but I like to KISS when I can (Keep It Simple Stupid) so I decided to check with Microsoft.com before I started that process.

THE SIMPLE FIX I FOUND THAT WORKED FOR ME:
    Go to: Windows 10
    Click the "Upgrade Now" button.
    Follow the prompts and you're good to go.
    Works with Windows 7, 8 and 10. Simple enough for me How to fix not being able to reset a pc :)

I wasn't able to find this simple suggestion when searching the web so I felt I should post it in hopes it helps someone too How to fix not being able to reset a pc :)

-

Thema:

How to fix not being able to reset a pc

1. How to fix not being able to reset a pc - Similar Threads - fix being able

2. How to fix not being able to reset a pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix not being able to reset a pc: I currently have a blue error screen on my pc that doesn’t let me go to my home page. I try to restart it but it always fails and hasn’t worked. When I try to reset my pc using the troubleshoot setting in the choose an option page. It always has a problem no matter if I...
  3. How to reset computer password without being able to utilize my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset computer password without being able to utilize my PC: Recently I was trying to fix a problem with the large amount of reserved ram I have. To try and fix this I went into msconfig-boot-Advanced options- and then unchecked the maximum memory box. After This I restarted my pc but it said preparing automatic repair and then...
  4. How to reset computer password without being able to utilize my PC

How to reset computer password without being able to utilize my PC: Recently I was trying to fix a problem with the large amount of reserved ram I have. To try and fix this I went into msconfig-boot-Advanced options- and then unchecked the maximum memory box. After This I restarted my pc but it said preparing automatic repair and then...
  5. How to reset computer password without being able to utilize my PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. How to fix issue not being able to turn on pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix issue not being able to turn on pc?: I have not been able to fully turn on my pc for the past few days, keeps trying to autorepair and I’ve tried factory resetting and even used a USB recovery drive and that hasn’t worked, if someone could help me fix this problem I would really appreciate that.Thanks...
  7. How to fix issue not being able to turn on pc?

How to fix issue not being able to turn on pc?: I have not been able to fully turn on my pc for the past few days, keeps trying to autorepair and I’ve tried factory resetting and even used a USB recovery drive and that hasn’t worked, if someone could help me fix this problem I would really appreciate that.Thanks...
  8. How to Fix not being able to see the Bluetooth in the device manager

How to Fix not being able to see the Bluetooth in the device manager: I am not able to see the turn off and on button for Bluetooth and I don't see it Bluetooth in the device manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-not-being-able-to-see-the-bluetooth-in/7b22f079-4192-4d28-b538-e331e2aa0ea6
  9. How to Fix not being able to see the Bluetooth in the device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Fix not being able to see the Bluetooth in the device manager: I am not able to see the turn off and on button for Bluetooth and I don't see it Bluetooth in the device manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-not-being-able-to-see-the-bluetooth-in/7b22f079-4192-4d28-b538-e331e2aa0ea6
  10. Not Being Able To Reset My PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Not Being Able To Reset My PC: So since yesterday March 22, 2020, I've been trying to reset my pc. I clicked reset and went to bed. When I woke up, It said that it failed to reset. I've searched everywhere on youtube but I can't find any video that helps. If anyone knows how to fix this issue, please help...