Windows 10: How to fix Laptop after chkdsk?

Discus and support How to fix Laptop after chkdsk? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Yesterday i noticed that my pc was using 100% of the HDD. I really dont know anything about that so normally i reserched in google what it means. On a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Brian Kell_77, Aug 19, 2024.

1. How to fix Laptop after chkdsk?

Yesterday i noticed that my pc was using 100% of the HDD. I really dont know anything about that so normally i reserched in google what it means. On a video it recommended i shloud run "chkdsk /f /r /x" on cmd. i don't remember how was it written exactly but it had the same letters. Today when i booted my laptop it run a scan, and after and hour or so when it finaly finished i cloudn't connect to the wifi. To be exactly-there isn't even an option for wifi- i can't adjust brightness -the volume icon has a red cross on it and the sound doesn't work.-i can't open windows security center or any o

:)

Brian Kell_77, Aug 19, 2024

2. how do i run chkdsk fix under administrator in win 10

please list steps to run chkdsk fix in win 10 as administrator

SabrinaWatkins1, Aug 19, 2024
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    chkdsk c: /F

It might be an error on the drive. We suggests that you follow the troubleshooting steps below:

• Run Disk Cleanup utility to clear your junk files.
    • Open an elevated CMD type sfc /scannow and hit Enter to run the System File Checker.
    • Once the scan is completed, restart your computer. Remember to exit ChkDsk
      during boot.
    • Next, again open CMD as admin type
      Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
      and hit Enter to repair the Windows image.
    • Now see if ChkDsk able to complete the scan.

Note: Before doing the steps, make sure you save a back up of your files.

Let us know how it goes.

Jelo Sen, Aug 19, 2024
  4. n-ster Win User

How to fix Laptop after chkdsk?

n-ster, Aug 19, 2024
Thema:

How to fix Laptop after chkdsk?

1. How to fix Laptop after chkdsk? - Similar Threads - fix Laptop chkdsk

2. How to fix Laptop after chkdsk?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix Laptop after chkdsk?: Yesterday i noticed that my pc was using 100% of the HDD. I really dont know anything about that so normally i reserched in google what it means. On a video it recommended i shloud run "chkdsk /f /r /x" on cmd. i don't remember how was it written exactly but it had the same...
  3. How to fix Laptop after chkdsk?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to fix Laptop after chkdsk?: Yesterday i noticed that my pc was using 100% of the HDD. I really dont know anything about that so normally i reserched in google what it means. On a video it recommended i shloud run "chkdsk /f /r /x" on cmd. i don't remember how was it written exactly but it had the same...
  4. How to restart after chkdsk?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restart after chkdsk?: I run chkdsk on my laptop window 10 follow instructions on YouTube , but I'm not sure what to do after this part https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restart-after-chkdsk/06325c1b-3906-4fc1-8f06-cd24866bffe4
  5. How to restart after chkdsk?

How to restart after chkdsk?: I run chkdsk on my laptop window 10 follow instructions on YouTube , but I'm not sure what to do after this part https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restart-after-chkdsk/06325c1b-3906-4fc1-8f06-cd24866bffe4
  6. How to restart after chkdsk?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Chkdsk after a clone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chkdsk after a clone: Hi all, I need help from someone who knows well the chkdsk tool from MS. I explain myself. I bought 1 Seagate IronWolf 2To some days ago from second hand and another one which is new. I have important data on the second hand one. I did a clone of it on the new one with...
  8. Chkdsk after a clone

Chkdsk after a clone: Hi all, I need help from someone who knows well the chkdsk tool from MS. I explain myself. I bought 1 Seagate IronWolf 2To some days ago from second hand and another one which is new. I have important data on the second hand one. I did a clone of it on the new one with...
  9. How to check if chkdsk fix is on my device?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to check if chkdsk fix is on my device?: There is nothing in WU, and the Microsoft documentation is confusing, can't tell if there is supposed to be a KB, or not. submitted by /u/Cold_silence [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kjf2ft/how_to_check_if_chkdsk_fix_is_on_my_device/
  10. Laptop not starting after chkdsk command

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop not starting after chkdsk command: My laptop is not getting started after running chkdsk command. My laptop had inbuilt windows and I don’t have any CD. What should I do?...