Windows 10: how to fix Installation failed. The microsoft edge webview2 runtime installer failed to start.

Discus and support how to fix Installation failed. The microsoft edge webview2 runtime installer failed to start. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have done all these solutions but it still says the same thingEnsure that your system meets the minimum requirements for the WebView2 runtime... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CarlosDelen, Apr 3, 2023.

1. how to fix Installation failed. The microsoft edge webview2 runtime installer failed to start.

I have done all these solutions but it still says the same thingEnsure that your system meets the minimum requirements for the WebView2 runtime installer. You can find the system requirements on the Microsoft Edge WebView2 runtime download page.Run the installer as an administrator. To do this, right-click on the installer file and select "Run as administrator".Temporarily disable your antivirus software and any third-party firewalls. Sometimes, these security programs can interfere with the installation process.Clear your Windows temporary files. To do this, press the Windows key + R to open

:)

CarlosDelen, Apr 3, 2023
  2. Brink Win User

Delivering Microsoft Edge WebView2 Runtime to managed Windows 10

Source: https://blogs.windows.com/msedgedev/...ws-10-devices/

Brink, Apr 3, 2023
  3. Terost Win User
    Microsoft Edge webView2 Runtime do not want it

I have a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 Pro. The version is 21H1. OS build is 19043.1865. I use Opera is my default web browser. I never used Microsoft Edge and it is not installed.
    I did a full reinstallation of the Windows 10 Pro last month due to bloated Windows. My issue is that Microsoft Edge WebView2 Runtime keeps reinstalling no matter how many times I removed the program. I did a search online that WebView2 was part of Microsoft 365 which I don’t use. I use Office 2016 Home and Student edition.
    I removed Microsoft 365 and disabled Microsoft Edge Update Services. Every time I connect to the internet, the Edge WebView 2 runtime returns even through I used the Microsoft Edge ChromiumBlocker toolkit. I used a cmd script to block the installation of Edge and its WebView 2 thru automatic updates. Automatic updates of other Microsoft products are not enabled. Why does WebView 2 Runtime keeps returning? It’s a 521 MB file that is never used. I don’t do any Office documents online.

I found this in PowerShell folder “PSReadLine” which has this text below:
    get-appxpackage *edge*
    remove-appxpackage Microsoft.MicrosoftEdgeDevToolsClient_1000.19041.1023.0_neutral_neutral_8wekyb3d8bbwe
    exit
    How to stop reinstallation of Microsoft Edge WebView2 runtime? I don't have Edge installed but there's a blank icon of Microsoft Edge in the Universal Applications Folder. I can't locate that Edge link because I use Stardock Start 10 software.

- - - Updated - - -

Update: I solved the issue. I let the Microsoft Edge WebView 2 runtime installed and in my firewall software, I added the Edge updater to list and blocked it. In addition, I found that I have no host file and created a new one and added these to host file:
    127.0.0.1 https://msedge.api.cdp.microsoft.com
    127.0.0.1 *.dl.delivery.mp.microsoft.com
    Now the Edge WebView2 runtime doesn't get installed.

Terost, Apr 3, 2023
  4. how to fix Installation failed. The microsoft edge webview2 runtime installer failed to start.

microsoft edge webview runtime forced installation

Hello,

Beginning last month, my PC keep crashing and rebooting at random times, sometimes it could happen after login while I didn't even move my mouse or launch any application. This could happen after less than 10 minutes or after a couple of hour if I was lucky, but in average, it was at least once a hour.

After trying several days of searching a solution, I finally found the source of the error:

-microsoft edge webview2 runtime had been update the same day that my trouble started, so I uninstall it and it fix my issue.

But since the 11 feb 2023, the problem has returned. I check and microsoft edge webview2 runtime has been shadow install in my computer. I try uninstall it again but my PC soon crash again. When I restart, microsoft edge webview2 runtime has been re-install!

Windows keeps pushing the installation of microsoft edge webview2 runtime!

I don't know how to prevent its installation but at least I can tell that I never had a crash when microsoft edge webview2 runtime was not present on my computer. I don't know what kind of incompatibility it can have and I don't care either, since my computer work fine without it, I'd just like to prevent it to be install on my computer.

Can you tell me how I can proceed?

Windows forces the installation of a program that cause systematic failure of my system, if this can't be defined as planned obsolescence (be it intended or not), I don't know what can be.

Regards

AquariusCamus, Apr 3, 2023
Thema:

how to fix Installation failed. The microsoft edge webview2 runtime installer failed to start.

1. how to fix Installation failed. The microsoft edge webview2 runtime installer failed to start. - Similar Threads - fix Installation failed

2. microsoft edge webview2 runtime

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft edge webview2 runtime: DLsiteNESTDLPCwebview2 https://swaycloudmicrosoft/jGpeHioJ7jGSGzZH https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-webview2-runtime/02bd1407-40b5-4f28-9944-e95fed810bd0
  3. microsoft edge webview2 runtime

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft edge webview2 runtime: DLsiteNESTDLPCwebview2 https://swaycloudmicrosoft/jGpeHioJ7jGSGzZH https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-webview2-runtime/02bd1407-40b5-4f28-9944-e95fed810bd0
  4. Edge WebView2 installation problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge WebView2 installation problem.: I was trying to use an app from the Microsoft Store, the day before I uninstalled edge by going to C:\Program Files x86\Microsoft and deleting every edge related folder. After that the app I was trying to open started malfunctioning and showed an error which said "To use this...
  5. Edge WebView2 installation problem.

Edge WebView2 installation problem.: I was trying to use an app from the Microsoft Store, the day before I uninstalled edge by going to C:\Program Files x86\Microsoft and deleting every edge related folder. After that the app I was trying to open started malfunctioning and showed an error which said "To use this...
  6. Edge WebView2 installation problem.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. how to fix Installation failed. The microsoft edge webview2 runtime installer failed to start.

how to fix Installation failed. The microsoft edge webview2 runtime installer failed to start.: I have done all these solutions but it still says the same thingEnsure that your system meets the minimum requirements for the WebView2 runtime installer. You can find the system requirements on the Microsoft Edge WebView2 runtime download page.Run the installer as an...
  8. Microsoft edge webview2 runtime

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft edge webview2 runtime: What is this? I have never installed this " Microsoft edge webview2 runtime " !!!Should I uninstall it???Thanx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-webview2-runtime/70ea9632-a72b-4907-a29c-03367b7a46f0
  9. Microsoft Edge Webview2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Edge Webview2: For some reason Microsoft Edge Webview2 is running in the background, when I end the task in task manager it just starts back up again. submitted by /u/realtarnz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m7icgy/microsoft_edge_webview2/
  10. attempting to install microsoft edge fails

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    attempting to install microsoft edge fails: Request Id: 9d3f254d-886f-4ae2-9e1c-728fb426a500 Correlation Id: c771130a-262e-47cf-a3c1-52a7cb8eb590 Timestamp: 2020-08-06T14:12:11Z Message: AADSTS50196: The server terminated an operation because it encountered a client request loop. Please contact your app...