Windows 10: How to fix frequent system32 command prompt pop-up?

Discus and support How to fix frequent system32 command prompt pop-up? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For the past two weeks, I've been having a recurring issue with my Asus Windows Laptop. While using any program, every hour or so, a windows command... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Charles Lancaster, Jul 14, 2022.

1. How to fix frequent system32 command prompt pop-up?

For the past two weeks, I've been having a recurring issue with my Asus Windows Laptop. While using any program, every hour or so, a windows command prompt titled "Select C:\Windows\system32\cmd.EXE" will pop up. If I don't click on it it disapears after a few seconds, and will then cause the programs I was using to close and reopen. This is especially annoying for Chrome, as it exits all of my tabs. It will continue this cycle of closing ad reopening programs for a few minutes until it stops. This effect can be stopped by closing the command prompt before it closes itself. Either way, after t

:)

Charles Lancaster, Jul 14, 2022
  2. Tenforo Active Member

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

Tenforo, Jul 14, 2022
  3. Tenforo Active Member
    command prompt is x:\windows\system32

My computer crashed and I have tried everything I can think of you restart, but the command prompt starts with x: instead of c: I've tried the fixes suggested and listed below:

In Command Prompt, type DISKPART, press Enter.

When it loads type LIST DISK.

Choose the Windows hard drive by typing SEL DISK # with # being the desired disk number from results.

Then type LIST VOL which will provide a list of the various partitions with their assigned drive letters in Recovery mode which may be different than in Windows.

But when I type in DISKPART is says There are no disks to show

Any ideas?

Tenforo, Jul 14, 2022
  4. Tenforo Active Member

How to fix frequent system32 command prompt pop-up?

Tenforo, Jul 14, 2022
Thema:

How to fix frequent system32 command prompt pop-up?

1. How to fix frequent system32 command prompt pop-up? - Similar Threads - fix frequent system32

2. Command Prompt Pop up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command Prompt Pop up: I've been having issues with a command prompt popping up at random times. I've done some searching and found what I believe to be the culprit- Thru the use of powershell : Get-ScheduledTask Get-ScheduledTaskInfo select TaskName, TaskPath, LastRunTime out-gridviewI found that...
  3. Command Prompt Pop up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Command Prompt Pop up: I've been having issues with a command prompt popping up at random times. I've done some searching and found what I believe to be the culprit- Thru the use of powershell : Get-ScheduledTask Get-ScheduledTaskInfo select TaskName, TaskPath, LastRunTime out-gridviewI found that...
  4. How to fix frequent system32 command prompt pop-up?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to fix frequent system32 command prompt pop-up?: For the past two weeks, I've been having a recurring issue with my Asus Windows Laptop. While using any program, every hour or so, a windows command prompt titled "Select C:\Windows\system32\cmd.EXE" will pop up. If I don't click on it it disapears after a few seconds, and...
  5. How to fix frequent system32 command prompt pop-up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix frequent system32 command prompt pop-up?: For the past two weeks, I've been having a recurring issue with my Asus Windows Laptop. While using any program, every hour or so, a windows command prompt titled "Select C:\Windows\system32\cmd.EXE" will pop up. If I don't click on it it disapears after a few seconds, and...
  6. Command prompt keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command prompt keeps popping up: CMD windows C:\Users\Dennis\AppData\Roaming\foxcif.exe how can i get rid of this window. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompt-keeps-popping-up/63b7e654-e3cb-4666-b62c-117854236ae0
  7. Command prompt keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Command prompt keeps popping up: CMD windows C:\Users\Dennis\AppData\Roaming\foxcif.exe how can i get rid of this window. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompt-keeps-popping-up/63b7e654-e3cb-4666-b62c-117854236ae0
  8. Command prompt keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Command Prompt pops up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Command Prompt pops up: For the last week I have Command Prompt popping up on start up and as quickly it goes. Could it be a Microsoft update ? Operating W10 with the latest updates. I have tried all the suggestions I can find in Microsoft and Google with no luck so far ?...
  10. Command prompt pop up

in Windows 10 Support
    Command prompt pop up: Hi, for a while now i been having an issue with command prompt. The command prompt will randomly pop up and close immediately. i have had this issue for a while but it didn't really effect me. Recently ive been playing a lot of games and the command prompt will tab me out of...