Windows 10: How to fix error 0xc000000d while trying to factory reset PC?

Discus and support How to fix error 0xc000000d while trying to factory reset PC? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've attempted to solve this on my own by searching the internet, only to find people who are actually just unable to boot their devices and solve it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Gideon Nsiah, Feb 18, 2024.

1. How to fix error 0xc000000d while trying to factory reset PC?

I've attempted to solve this on my own by searching the internet, only to find people who are actually just unable to boot their devices and solve it through WinFE or some other method. I'm stuck on what to do, as it seems nobody else has this issue while resetting their PCs, and I'm just trying to get a fresh start after several years of not really cleaning the files or anything of that nature. I've presed Enter to try again, which doesn't work, I can't access the recovery environment, as it just boots regularly for some reason, and attempting to access the startup settings doesn't actually w

:)

Gideon Nsiah, Feb 18, 2024
  2. Tankachoo Win User

Factory Reset Windows10: There was a problem resetting your PC FIX

How to Factory Reset Windows10 or upgraded to Windows10 from Windows7 or 8.
    This is also a FIX for the ERROR: There was a problem resetting your PC.
    This fix is only for Legit Authorized Copies of Windows 7, 8, or 10.

Hey all, I upgraded to Win10 from Win8.1 when it was released for free upgrades in 2015. It is now 2016 and I wanted to Factory Reset my PC so I can start fresh again. I attempted to do it from Settings/Update and Security/Recovery/Reset this PC as suggested by Microsoft but I received and error saying "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made." After searching the web I found many different fixes but they all seems so involved. Making a boot flash drive or burning a DVD and use their software... There is an awesome tutorial on this forum called Windows 10 Clean Install but I like to KISS when I can (Keep It Simple Stupid) so I decided to check with Microsoft.com before I started that process.

THE SIMPLE FIX I FOUND THAT WORKED FOR ME:
    Go to: Windows 10
    Click the "Upgrade Now" button.
    Follow the prompts and you're good to go.
    Works with Windows 7, 8 and 10. Simple enough for me How to fix error 0xc000000d while trying to factory reset PC? :)

I wasn't able to find this simple suggestion when searching the web so I felt I should post it in hopes it helps someone too How to fix error 0xc000000d while trying to factory reset PC? :)

-

Tankachoo, Feb 18, 2024
  3. Error: 0xc000000d

@boktai1000 Welcome to the Ten forums!
    Take a look at the error you're getting and some potential solutions.
    How to fix Error 0xc000000d ? - Appuals.com

MikeMecanic, Feb 18, 2024
  4. IggSter Win User

How to fix error 0xc000000d while trying to factory reset PC?

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Feb 18, 2024
Thema:

How to fix error 0xc000000d while trying to factory reset PC?

1. How to fix error 0xc000000d while trying to factory reset PC? - Similar Threads - fix error 0xc000000d

2. Errors while trying to do a factory reset!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Errors while trying to do a factory reset!: I’m unable to factory reset my laptop! Please help, 2 errors pop up, 1- Reset this PC “There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made.” 2- error 193 DISM log cannot be found An error occurred while attempting to start the servicing process for the image located...
  3. Errors while trying to do a factory reset!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Errors while trying to do a factory reset!: I’m unable to factory reset my laptop! Please help, 2 errors pop up, 1- Reset this PC “There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made.” 2- error 193 DISM log cannot be found An error occurred while attempting to start the servicing process for the image located...
  4. Errors while trying to do a factory reset!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to fix error 0xc000000d while trying to factory reset PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix error 0xc000000d while trying to factory reset PC?: I've attempted to solve this on my own by searching the internet, only to find people who are actually just unable to boot their devices and solve it through WinFE or some other method. I'm stuck on what to do, as it seems nobody else has this issue while resetting their PCs,...
  6. Fix pc factory reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fix pc factory reset: I had done a factory reset on my and it would stop at 4%,after that it would start undoing changes. Now I cant sign into my account because it says the services are down and im stuck in a loop because I can’t reset my pc since it stops at 4%. I’ve tried everything such as...
  7. Fix pc factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fix pc factory reset: I had done a factory reset on my and it would stop at 4%,after that it would start undoing changes. Now I cant sign into my account because it says the services are down and im stuck in a loop because I can’t reset my pc since it stops at 4%. I’ve tried everything such as...
  8. Fix pc factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. PC stuck While Factory Resetting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC stuck While Factory Resetting: My Windows 10 Laptop has been stuck in a State Of the Asus Logo start up and then restarting. This happened when I Followed One Of your tips when my Percentage was stuck at 89 for 10 minutes straight. It was the hold down power button method. How do I fix this?...
  10. Error 0xc000000d

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error 0xc000000d: I have win10 dell laptop Not have any installation disc Laptop had came with win7 home basic initially and then upgraded I want solution which doesn't include formatting disc. This appears at startup of laptop[IMG]...