Windows 10: how to fix DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD?

Discus and support how to fix DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been struggling with the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD failure. I have reinstalled windows with both method of cloud reinstallation and local... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Christopher Arnold2, Aug 2, 2024.

1. how to fix DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD?

I have been struggling with the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD failure. I have reinstalled windows with both method of cloud reinstallation and local reinstallation. Seems to me that my Wi-Fi starts to have a problem e.g. disconnecting, ping spikes before the BSOD.I also checked event viewer and found an error from the source "BugCheck" containing this error message:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000501, 0x0000000000000500, 0xfffff801510fb320.&nb

:)

Christopher Arnold2, Aug 2, 2024

2. Windows 10 build 10586 BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Check (enable) it then do Step #5 & test.

The above notwithstanding...

Are you still getting the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSODs or...?

PA Bear - MS MVP, Aug 2, 2024
  3. Lily Denn Win User
    how to fix DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION ?

I have been getting this error recently, and it has been getting quite annoying to get BSOD, how can I fix?

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Lily Denn, Aug 2, 2024
  4. how to fix DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD?

BSOD DPC_Watchdog_Violation daily

Those steps are not relevant to me. In those steps it asks to check the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers for iastore.sys in the listed drivers.

I do not have iastore as a driver nor is that the files causing the BSOD.

The driver that is causing it (I got this from BlueScreenView) is nvstore.sys which is listed as the driver for three identical items in 'storage controllers' There are 4 items there. 3 of them are called NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller. Those three
    all list this nvstore.sys as their driver.

I suspect that if I could replace or fix that driver it would solve the issue based on the advice given by Annanya. Does that sound right? If so, how would I go about it?

Dan

Daniel Freitag, Aug 2, 2024
Thema:

how to fix DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD?

1. how to fix DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD? - Similar Threads - fix DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD

2. how to fix DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to fix DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD?: I have been struggling with the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD failure. I have reinstalled windows with both method of cloud reinstallation and local reinstallation. Seems to me that my Wi-Fi starts to have a problem e.g. disconnecting, ping spikes before the BSOD.I also checked...
  3. how to fix DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to fix DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD?: I have been struggling with the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD failure. I have reinstalled windows with both method of cloud reinstallation and local reinstallation. Seems to me that my Wi-Fi starts to have a problem e.g. disconnecting, ping spikes before the BSOD.I also checked...
  4. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD how to fix ?

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD how to fix ?: Hello, pc suddenly started giving me bluescreens. The error I get 99% of times is DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, while I got a DRIVER POWER STATE_FAILURE once. My OS version is Windows 11 23H2. I updated all the drivers and in fact microsoft support updated even some drivers I...
  5. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD how to fix ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD how to fix ?: Hello, pc suddenly started giving me bluescreens. The error I get 99% of times is DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, while I got a DRIVER POWER STATE_FAILURE once. My OS version is Windows 11 23H2. I updated all the drivers and in fact microsoft support updated even some drivers I...
  6. How do I fix this DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD?

How do I fix this DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD?: So I got this computer and after setting up what I needed to do, I sometimes keep getting this Watchdog error. Everything says about disconnect any external drives and update them which I did. I even completely left them disconnected and I still have the error. All drivers I...
  7. How do I fix this DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix this DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD?: So I got this computer and after setting up what I needed to do, I sometimes keep getting this Watchdog error. Everything says about disconnect any external drives and update them which I did. I even completely left them disconnected and I still have the error. All drivers I...
  8. How do I fix this DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. How to fix this DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to fix this DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged run time at an IRQL of DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. Arguments: Arg1: 0000000000000000, A single DPC or ISR exceeded its time allotment. The offending component can usually be identified with a stack trace. Arg2:...
  10. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION and IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD FIX

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION and IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD FIX: Hello Microsoft Community, I recently had a problem with my computer, it was crashing a whole bunch with two unique errors, those errors are DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION and IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I have looked into the crash reports (mini dump files) and found out a file named...