Windows 10: How to fix apps after 24h2 update?

Discus and support How to fix apps after 24h2 update? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; After updating to 24h2 the App Store and apps no longer work. Also some programs have not installed and windows defender no longer opens or appears in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Luke Sturgess, Oct 25, 2024 at 2:27 AM.

1. How to fix apps after 24h2 update?

After updating to 24h2 the App Store and apps no longer work. Also some programs have not installed and windows defender no longer opens or appears in the taskbar. Can anyone help? Thanks.

:)

Luke Sturgess, Oct 25, 2024 at 2:27 AM
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Factory reset Windows 11 24H2 (build 26100.863)

Hi, I am Dave, I will help you with this.

There are no currently listed problems resetting version 24H2 of Windows 11 and no specific steps you need to perform, are you experiencing any problems with that insider build that is causing you to perform a Windows reset?

3. rtwjunkie Win User
    FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

Yeah, I've been noting it for months on the refusenik thread. They do NOT want anything older than 10 running.

I still have an HTPC on W7, and every other month I have to fix the update agent in order to get all updates. SMH....

You provided a good step by step fix. I've bookmarked it for future reference.

4. Anna Bol Win User

How to fix apps after 24h2 update?

After the hideously long Windows 10 anniversary update, I found that my Quickens (Q10) no longer works. Is there an easy fix to this?

Hi Paul,

To help resolve your issue, we suggest the following troubleshooting steps:

Method 1: Compatibility mode

We suggest you to install the App in compatibility mode and check if it helps. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the setup file of the App and select
      Properties.

• Select
      Compatibility
      tab.

• Check
      Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the app install and then check the functionality.

Method 2: Update the App

We suggest you to update the apps and check if it resolves the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Thema:

How to fix apps after 24h2 update?

1. How to fix apps after 24h2 update? - Similar Threads - fix apps 24h2

2. How to fix apps after 24h2 update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix apps after 24h2 update?: After updating to 24h2 the App Store and apps no longer work. Also some programs have not installed and windows defender no longer opens or appears in the taskbar. Can anyone help? Thanks....
  3. How to fix 0x8007001f on windows 11 24H2 update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix 0x8007001f on windows 11 24H2 update?: When I download the new Win 11 24H2 version update its runs in endless loop by showing the error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-0x8007001f-on-windows-11-24h2-update/3ad08c94-0ba9-4ac4-8bfc-a9d4892461c3
  4. How to fix 0x8007001f on windows 11 24H2 update?

How to fix 0x8007001f on windows 11 24H2 update?: When I download the new Win 11 24H2 version update its runs in endless loop by showing the error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-0x8007001f-on-windows-11-24h2-update/3ad08c94-0ba9-4ac4-8bfc-a9d4892461c3
  5. Printers disapeared after 24h2 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printers disapeared after 24h2 update: Hello,After the Windows 11 24H2 update, all Canon printers disappeared from the user computers, specifically the ones connected via a print server and shared. Interestingly, if you try to re-add them, you get the error "Windows cannot connect to the printer" or "No printers...
  6. Printers disapeared after 24h2 update

Printers disapeared after 24h2 update: Hello,After the Windows 11 24H2 update, all Canon printers disappeared from the user computers, specifically the ones connected via a print server and shared. Interestingly, if you try to re-add them, you get the error "Windows cannot connect to the printer" or "No printers...
  7. Auto Rotate after 24H2 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto Rotate after 24H2 update: We have found that after the Windows 24H2 update, our laptops are now rotating by themselves without changing the position of the computer. Has this been noticed by others? Why would it change that on some of the computers and others not? I've heard that you can fix it by...
  8. Auto Rotate after 24H2 update

Auto Rotate after 24H2 update: We have found that after the Windows 24H2 update, our laptops are now rotating by themselves without changing the position of the computer. Has this been noticed by others? Why would it change that on some of the computers and others not? I've heard that you can fix it by...
  9. Black screen after 24h2 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after 24h2 update: Hi, I have an older desktop system with NVidia 970 series graphics. After installing latest Windows 11 update screen went black. I can see peripherals lighting up, it boots but there’s no video signal. The black screen also affects bios boot up, I cannot access recovery USB...
  10. Black screen after 24h2 update

Black screen after 24h2 update: Hi, I have an older desktop system with NVidia 970 series graphics. After installing latest Windows 11 update screen went black. I can see peripherals lighting up, it boots but there’s no video signal. The black screen also affects bios boot up, I cannot access recovery USB...