Windows 10: How to Ensure That You Are Never Locked Out of Your Computer Because of Bitlocker

Discus and support How to Ensure That You Are Never Locked Out of Your Computer Because of Bitlocker in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Tl;dr: Always have a backup copy of your Bitlocker recovery key.Bitlocker is a security feature that can prevent data theft from PCs that were lost,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Chien Sage, Jul 18, 2024.

1. How to Ensure That You Are Never Locked Out of Your Computer Because of Bitlocker

Tl;dr: Always have a backup copy of your Bitlocker recovery key.Bitlocker is a security feature that can prevent data theft from PCs that were lost, stolen, not properly decommissioned by an organization, or from computers that show signs of tampering. Bitlocker encrypts entire partitions, and it can also lock the normal startup process. In both cases, the only way to regain access to the computer is to enter the correct Bitlocker recovery key.Here’s how it works:When you press the power button for the first time on a brand new, never before used computer, or when you perform a clean install

:)

Chien Sage, Jul 18, 2024

2. Bitlocker frequently locking computers

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately these suggestions don't really fit our needs. We want to use BitLocker and don't want to disable it. The problem we have is that it locks some of our computers from time to time. Ideally we will make use of BitLocker but not have it blocking our computers.

I have tried:

1. Turning off BitLocker
    2. Installing all Driver and Windows Updates
    3. Turning BitLocker back on again
    Maybe this will help. We will wait and see.

Macclad321, Jul 18, 2024
  3. BitLocker locks my boss's computer

Hi,

My boss's computer has been locked by BitLocker. The odd part is he uses MS Windows 10 Home. All Microsoft call supports said that is simply not possible to happen. He had no clue when and how that happened.

Anyway, it is now locked by BitLocker. We went through all the methods listed by Microsoft. We went through his MS email address to find the recovery key, the key was not there. We went through his external hard disk, the key was not there either.

What else can we do by not reinstalling Windows and losing all the data in it? And what could cause activating BitLocker by itself?

Please advise.

Choon

Note that My boss's computer is ASUS Expertbook. BitLocker locks both partitions C: and D:.

ChoonhapongThaiupathump, Jul 18, 2024
  4. JMOT Win User

How to Ensure That You Are Never Locked Out of Your Computer Because of Bitlocker

Locked computer

I have been locked out of my computer - it is asking for a Bitlocker recovery key which I do not have and is not listed in my Microsoft account (although several other recovery keys are)

The computer is listed as one of my devices in my Microsoft account but no Bitlocker key.

How can I gain access to my computer?

Thema:

How to Ensure That You Are Never Locked Out of Your Computer Because of Bitlocker

1. How to Ensure That You Are Never Locked Out of Your Computer Because of Bitlocker - Similar Threads - Ensure Are Never

2. How to Ensure That You Are Never Locked Out of Your Computer Because of Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Ensure That You Are Never Locked Out of Your Computer Because of Bitlocker: Tl;dr: Always have a backup copy of your Bitlocker recovery key.Bitlocker is a security feature that can prevent data theft from PCs that were lost, stolen, not properly decommissioned by an organization, or from computers that show signs of tampering. Bitlocker encrypts...
  3. I am locked out of my computer by bitlocker. Never heard of it never set it up. The 2...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am locked out of my computer by bitlocker. Never heard of it never set it up. The 2...: I am locked out of my computer by bitlocker. I never heard of this let alone set it up. The recovery keys associated with my Microsoft account do not work.Please help...
  4. I am locked out of my computer by bitlocker. Never heard of it never set it up. The 2...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am locked out of my computer by bitlocker. Never heard of it never set it up. The 2...: I am locked out of my computer by bitlocker. I never heard of this let alone set it up. The recovery keys associated with my Microsoft account do not work.Please help...
  5. I am locked out of my computer by bitlocker. Never heard of it never set it up. The 2...

6. My computer has been randomly locked out by the BitLocker Key. I never enabled BitLocker...

My computer has been randomly locked out by the BitLocker Key. I never enabled BitLocker...: Hello,My computer was locked out by BitLocker but it was never enabled and never had an issue for years. I would like to have my computer unlocked. Would someone please assist. Thank you....
  7. My computer has been randomly locked out by the BitLocker Key. I never enabled BitLocker...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My computer has been randomly locked out by the BitLocker Key. I never enabled BitLocker...: Hello,My computer was locked out by BitLocker but it was never enabled and never had an issue for years. I would like to have my computer unlocked. Would someone please assist. Thank you....
  8. My device is locked out because of BitLocker even though we never set it up and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My device is locked out because of BitLocker even though we never set it up and...: Under the Microsoft account there are 2 devices, a desktop and a laptop. Right now, the laptop is locked out by BitLocker. When I go to recovery keys there is only 1 key, and it's for the desktop not the laptop. I have tried registering the device but that hasn't worked as it...
  9. My device is locked out because of BitLocker even though we never set it up and...

My device is locked out because of BitLocker even though we never set it up and...: Under the Microsoft account there are 2 devices, a desktop and a laptop. Right now, the laptop is locked out by BitLocker. When I go to recovery keys there is only 1 key, and it's for the desktop not the laptop. I have tried registering the device but that hasn't worked as it...
  10. DELL laptop locked out of computer because of bitlocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    DELL laptop locked out of computer because of bitlocker: My DELL laptop is in start up repair, and requires a recovery key to get passed the screen. Geek Squad told me that it is locked by bit locker and there's no way to get past it without putting in the recovery key. I've only had the laptop for about a month only and it has...