Windows 10: How to enable and disable instruction extensions like AVX, AVX2 and AVX512?

Discus and support How to enable and disable instruction extensions like AVX, AVX2 and AVX512? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; How to enable and disable instruction extensions like AVX, AVX2 and AVX512 in Windows 11? I have tried to find a PowerShell command to do this without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by johnhc2, Sep 23, 2024 at 2:02 PM.

1. johnhc2 Win User

How to enable and disable instruction extensions like AVX, AVX2 and AVX512?

How to enable and disable instruction extensions like AVX, AVX2 and AVX512 in Windows 11? I have tried to find a PowerShell command to do this without success. Some of these in different processors may be enabled or disabled by default. I would like to be able to see the current state and be able to set it as desired. Thanks, John.

:)

2. i5 6500 3.6GHz on 4 cores?

Ask the people that are/were overclocking locked Skylake.
    Non-K Skylake Overclocking Hurts AVX2 Performance, Problem Related to "256-bit Vector Warm-up"

3. Instructions to change board?

Boot off of the windows CD, repair your XP partition (hopefully you won't have to reinstall windows), install drivers, and you're good to go. You'll see dual channel mode in the BIOS splash screen results from POST. It'll be pretty obvious *Stick Out Tongue How to enable and disable instruction extensions like AVX, AVX2 and AVX512? :p. Here's a list of general tweaks for the 939Dual-SATA2.
    Step one- Set time, date
    Step two- In CPU settings, disable cool n quiet, set memory clock to DDR400, play with memory timings (CAS-TRAS-TRP-TRCD), which are listed in the bios in the order CAS, TRCD, TRAS, and TRP. EDIT- new BIOS's mess around with this order, can't be too sure on it, but yeah at least you know what the RAM timings stand for *Big Grin How to enable and disable instruction extensions like AVX, AVX2 and AVX512? :D.
    Leave MA timing at 2T unless you think your system can handle 1T
    Step three- in Chipset settings, enable onboard LAN, disable onboard Audio, disable AGP fast write, set primary graphics adapter, and set CPU-NB and NB-SB link speed to 1000mhz.
    Step four- in IDE, disable controllers you aren't using. On all drives detected, enable SMART if you can and set PIO/DMA as high as they will go.
    Step five- Enable legacy USB support
    Step six- Set password if you're worried about anyone screwing around with your BIOS settings
    Step seven- Configure your boot sequence. I reccomend hard drive first, optical drive second, and floppy drive third.
    Step eight- Save changes, boot into XP, and enjoy your computer.

zekrahminator, Sep 23, 2024 at 2:09 PM
  4. Cliff S Win User

CPU downclocking during Prime95 run.

To know more about AVX read this and the links at the bottom of the article(you don't need to understand all of it, but the basics are squeezed in there). Introduction to Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions | Intel® Software

Also:
    Advanced Vector Extensions - Wikipedia

And anything running FPU's(floating point calculations) these days.

Thema:

1. How to enable and disable instruction extensions like AVX, AVX2 and AVX512? - Similar Threads - enable disable instruction

2. How to enable and disable instruction extensions like AVX, AVX2 and AVX512?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to enable and disable instruction extensions like AVX, AVX2 and AVX512?: How to enable and disable instruction extensions like AVX, AVX2 and AVX512 in Windows 11? I have tried to find a PowerShell command to do this without success. Some of these in different processors may be enabled or disabled by default. I would like to be able to see the...
  3. Your admin has blocked Extension; Cannot enable or disable Edge extensions

in Windows 10 News
    Your admin has blocked Extension; Cannot enable or disable Edge extensions: If you are unable to enable or disable Edge extensions, the respective button is grayed out, or you see a message Your admin has blocked [extension-name] error message while installing an extension, then this post will help you. These errors appear when someone blocks the...
  4. AVX Supported but disabled

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    AVX Supported but disabled: Hi, I've recently been experiencing crashes in Apex Legends, and I know that Apex uses AVX, so I did a little just looking around, and I found that in Aida64 and the Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool, it says that AVX and AVX2 are not supported, or supported but not enabled,...
  5. how to enable the virtualization extensions in BIOS

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to enable the virtualization extensions in BIOS: Help! How do I enable the virtualization VT x in BIOS? Is there an extension I can download for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-the-virtualization-extensions-in/d1d970f1-a21f-4442-9d8f-c953fdb675b6
  6. Enable or Disable Recommended Extensions in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Recommended Extensions in Firefox: How to: Enable or Disable Recommended Extensions in Firefox How to Enable or Disable Recommended Extensions in Firefox Extensions are a type of add-on for Firefox that allows you to add new features to Firefox or modify existing ones. Starting with Firefox 68,...
  7. Enable or Disable Extensions in Mozilla Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Extensions in Mozilla Firefox: How to: Enable or Disable Extensions in Mozilla Firefox How to Enable or Disable Extensions in Mozilla Firefox Extensions are a type of add-on for Firefox that allows you to add new features to Firefox or modify existing ones. Sometimes you may need or want to...
  8. Enable or Disable Extensions in Incognito Mode in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Extensions in Incognito Mode in Google Chrome: How to: Enable or Disable Extensions in Incognito Mode in Google Chrome How to Enable or Disable Extensions in Incognito Mode in Google Chrome You can customize extensions from the Chrome Web Store. If you dont want Google Chrome to remember your activity, you can...
  9. Enable or Disable Extensions in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Extensions in Google Chrome: How to: Enable or Disable Extensions in Google Chrome How to Enable or Disable Extensions in Google Chrome You can customize extensions from the Chrome Web Store. Sometimes you may need or want to temporarily completely disable an added extension in Google Chrome...
  10. Enable or Disable Extensions in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Extensions in Microsoft Edge: How to: Enable or Disable Extensions in Microsoft Edge [img] Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible with the modern Web. Personalize and...