Windows 10: How to drag file onto preferred monitor

Discus and support How to drag file onto preferred monitor in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I use my latop and in addition two external monitors.Whenever I drag a file from a folder onto the desktop, the file will always be copied onto the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Nancy3001, Aug 25, 2022.

1. Nancy3001 Win User

How to drag file onto preferred monitor

I use my latop and in addition two external monitors.Whenever I drag a file from a folder onto the desktop, the file will always be copied onto the monitor in front of me. This happens even though the folder and file and the drop location are on a different monitor. I would like to achieve that the file is always dropped on this monitor where I actuelly release it with the mouse. Note: This issues does not seem to be related to the monitor arrangement under System/ arrange monitors as I have tested this extensively.The results of my tests where, that however I arrange my three monitors the fil

:)

Nancy3001, Aug 25, 2022

2. Repositioning app window on dual monitor, Windows 10

Hi Dreed,

Thank you for your response.

In this case, we would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check.

1. Launch Skype.
    2. Drag the Skype Window to secondary monitor.
    3. Resize the window as per your preference.
    4. Maximize the Window and Restore Down.
    5. Then close the skype window in secondary monitor.
    6. Then try re-launching and check if the issue resolves.

Regards.

Manjunath_H, Aug 25, 2022
  3. Rose Ter Win User
    How can I drag a screen display onto an adjoining satellite monitor?

Hi Stewart,

In order for us to assist you dragging a screen to your satellite monitor, you can follow these steps:

• Move the cursor off each of the four screen edges to see if one of them works.
    • If it does, position the monitors in the Display > Screen Resolution window
      to match the physical placement of the monitors.
    In the event that the previous steps failed to work, you can try these:

• In the display settings just swap the
      Display1 and Display2 Monitors.
    • Drag the Monitor1 display icon and
      drop it on Monitor2 display icon, this would give you the correct alignment of screens.

Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Aug 25, 2022
  4. Jomel Ber Win User

Why does the System Tray only appear on my secondary monitor?

Hi Fred,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to make your laptop the main display:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Choose the number of your preferred monitor under Customize your display. (Click
      Identify to show the number of your preferred monitor)
    • Check the Make this my main display box.
    • Click Apply.

You may also try this method:

• Right-click the main taskbar, then uncheck the Lock all taskbars.
    • Drag the main taskbar to your preferred screen.
    • Right-click again the main taskbar and check the Lock all taskbar.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jomel Ber, Aug 25, 2022
Thema:

1. How to drag file onto preferred monitor - Similar Threads - drag file onto

2. How to paste file onto secondary monitor's desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to paste file onto secondary monitor's desktop: Hello, I've been having this issue for a while now and finally thought to ask how to change it here.Right now I am working with 2 monitors. Often times I want to paste a file onto the desktop of my secondary monitor, but whenever I do that, the file moves to my primary...
  3. How to paste file onto secondary monitor's desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to paste file onto secondary monitor's desktop: Hello, I've been having this issue for a while now and finally thought to ask how to change it here.Right now I am working with 2 monitors. Often times I want to paste a file onto the desktop of my secondary monitor, but whenever I do that, the file moves to my primary...
  4. How to drag file onto preferred monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to drag file onto preferred monitor: I use my latop and in addition two external monitors.Whenever I drag a file from a folder onto the desktop, the file will always be copied onto the monitor in front of me. This happens even though the folder and file and the drop location are on a different monitor. I would...
  5. How to drag file onto preferred monitor

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to drag file onto preferred monitor: I use my latop and in addition two external monitors.Whenever I drag a file from a folder onto the desktop, the file will always be copied onto the monitor in front of me. This happens even though the folder and file and the drop location are on a different monitor. I would...
  6. How to disable drag to monitor box?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable drag to monitor box?: When i click and drag any window, a box appears and if i stop within that box, it either maximizes the window if it can, or snaps it to the left side of the screen. How do i disable this box?...
  7. How to disable drag to monitor box?

How to disable drag to monitor box?: When i click and drag any window, a box appears and if i stop within that box, it either maximizes the window if it can, or snaps it to the left side of the screen. How do i disable this box?...
  8. How to disable drag to monitor box?

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Dragging from monitor to monitor.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dragging from monitor to monitor.: so I have made my ultrawide vertical for coding. but when I drag to my non vertical on my desk I can only drag from wherever the position is in Display settings. is there a way to make it so I can drag from the entire monitor? thanks. submitted by /u/transfrr [link]...
  10. Drag and Drop music files onto MPC

Drag and Drop music files onto MPC: Hi, So I am used to the old feature of Windows XP/Windows 7 etc where you could just drag a music/video file onto the MPC (I use Media Player Classic but this was true for all other players for the most part on those systems) but when I try to drag a file to the player, it...