Windows 10: How to disable windows pinned taskbar quick launch keys

Discus and support How to disable windows pinned taskbar quick launch keys in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; How do I disable windows quick launching pinned taskbar programs with W+1. W+2 hotkeys etc, I dont want to disable other windows hotkeys, just the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SarahMcCallum, Jan 9, 2024.

1. How to disable windows pinned taskbar quick launch keys

How do I disable windows quick launching pinned taskbar programs with W+1. W+2 hotkeys etc, I dont want to disable other windows hotkeys, just the quicklaunching of my pinned applications.

:)

SarahMcCallum, Jan 9, 2024

2. Quick Launch is Not Available as a Toolbar on the Taskbar

SYMPTOMS:

When you right-click the taskbar and point to Toolbars,
    Quick Launch
    is not visible. Also, Quick Launch is not enabled by default as a toolbar on the taskbar.

MORE INFORMATION:

Windows 10 lets you pin your programs to the taskbar like users of Windows 7 and 8.1 can. However, there is no practical reason to enable Quick Launch as a toolbar on the taskbar. The Quick Launch toolbar was useful on Windows 98 and up to Windows Vista
    for quickly launching applications from there.

PilotRain942054, Jan 9, 2024
  3. TeddAdams Win User
    Pinned Folders will not launch from taskbar

Thank you for your suggestions.

These did not help. I must add that I have had, errrrr, challenges on the upgrade of both these machines. I have lost file permissions on this machine, I have lost the start menu on both these machines and I have lost Cortana on both machines. All of these
    issues were resolved by using solutions from the community. To all, thank you. This is not a critical issue but it is irritating and forces me to change a work routine that I have used for a long time. My 'work around' is to pin the Quick Access to the start
    menu but it not the same. Unfortunately, I cannot pin the Quick Access folder to the taskbar.

In summary, all the Pinned items show on the File Explorer in both the taskbar and the Start Menu icons. Neither the Pinned items or the Recent items will launch from either location. File Explorer will launch into the 'This PC' window but not the Pinned
    or the Recent items.

TeddAdams, Jan 9, 2024
  4. Try3 Win User

How to disable windows pinned taskbar quick launch keys

Pinning Settings app to taskbar stores control.exe instead

Tom, I am also baffled. I have the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Settings.lnk shortcut [Target %windir%\System32\Control.exe] as well and I do not understand how its existence can alter the behaviour of pinning another shortcut to the Taskbar. I noticed one additional aspect of pinning that shortcut to the Taskbar. Unlike all the other pinned shortcuts, it does not get listed in C:\Users\%UserName%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar In case it was something peculiar to the folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs, I pinned its Edge shortcut to the Taskbar and it does appear in the …..\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar list. A mystery unsolved, All the best, Denis

Try3, Jan 9, 2024
Thema:

How to disable windows pinned taskbar quick launch keys

1. How to disable windows pinned taskbar quick launch keys - Similar Threads - disable pinned taskbar

2. How to disable sound popup above quick settings on taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable sound popup above quick settings on taskbar: When opening quick settings, if something is playing sound there will be a popup above the quick settings. Is there a way to disable this? I have my reasons for wanting to do this I would include a photo if I could, but when I try to upload a photo it says "files failed to...
  3. How to disable sound popup above quick settings on taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable sound popup above quick settings on taskbar: When opening quick settings, if something is playing sound there will be a popup above the quick settings. Is there a way to disable this? I have my reasons for wanting to do this I would include a photo if I could, but when I try to upload a photo it says "files failed to...
  4. How to disable windows pinned taskbar quick launch keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable windows pinned taskbar quick launch keys: How do I disable windows quick launching pinned taskbar programs with W+1. W+2 hotkeys etc, I dont want to disable other windows hotkeys, just the quicklaunching of my pinned applications....
  5. Quick Launch

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Launch: I have used the Quick Launch Bar since its inception and never had a problem with it. However, for the past couple or three days when I click on one of my app icons, I have to double click or it won't open. Anyone having a problem with this? If so, were you able to fix it?...
  6. Taskbar quick launch icons vs open apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar quick launch icons vs open apps: [IMG] submitted by /u/DarkSkyViking [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jojg67/taskbar_quick_launch_icons_vs_open_apps/
  7. Quick Launch is Not Available as a Toolbar on the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Launch is Not Available as a Toolbar on the Taskbar: SYMPTOMS: When you right-click the taskbar and point to Toolbars, Quick Launch is not visible. Also, Quick Launch is not enabled by default as a toolbar on the taskbar. MORE INFORMATION: Windows 10 lets you pin your programs to the taskbar like users of Windows 7 and...
  8. Chrome won't launch when pinned to taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome won't launch when pinned to taskbar: Hello I have chrome pinned to the task bar but it won't simply launch the application like it does with all the my other icons. I have to keep right clicking it and then choosing chrome within the menu - kinda annoying. Is there a way to change this behaviour so it will...
  9. Enable or Disable Pinned Apps on Taskbar in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Pinned Apps on Taskbar in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Pinned Apps on Taskbar in Windows How to Enable or Disable Pinned Apps on Taskbar in Windows Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default. The taskbar allows...
  10. quick launch: how to reorder icons

in Windows 10 Support
    quick launch: how to reorder icons: I have installed Quick Launch on my Windows 10 task bar. It works ! However, I would like to reorder the icons in a way that makes sense to me. The only reordering I have been able to discover so far is to move an icon to the end of the list. Is there a way to directly...