Windows 10: How to disable the media bar in Windows 11?

Discus and support How to disable the media bar in Windows 11? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I am playing video and need to grab a section with the snipping tool, the media bar covers important parts that I am trying to grab. i move my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LaToshaTripp, Feb 20, 2023.

1. How to disable the media bar in Windows 11?

When I am playing video and need to grab a section with the snipping tool, the media bar covers important parts that I am trying to grab. i move my mouse away it disappears, but when i try to snip, the darn thing slides right back up and in the way. its very annoying.is there a way to move it around or disable it so its not constantyly popping up and covering part of the video?

:)

LaToshaTripp, Feb 20, 2023

2. Windows Media Player 11 misses release day

Microsoft had scheduled Windows Media Player 11 for final release on October 24th, 2006. Microsoft has delayed release of the next version of its media player to an unspecified date. "As with any release, quality is our top priority, and we felt we needed a few additional days to bring Windows Media Player 11 up to the high quality standards we--and our customers and partners--demand." Microsoft did not mention exactly what part of Windows Media Player 11 didn't meet the bar. Microsoft has no defined date of when Windows Media Player 11 will be released, though rumors around the internet claim that Microsoft will release it on October 30th.

Source: CNET

zekrahminator, Feb 20, 2023
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    How to disable the media bar in Windows 11 system tray?

Hi Roger

I am Dave, I will help you with this.

There is no global setting in Windows 11 to remove that media bar, it can only be done on an app by app basis:

Chrome

Open Chrome

In the Address bar, paste this and hit Enter:

chrome://flags

On the resulting page, type media key in the search box

Disable 'Hardware Media Key Handling'

Restart Chrome

Edge

Open Edge

In the Address bar, paste this and hit Enter:

edge://flags

On the resulting page, type media key in the search box

Disable 'Hardware Media Key Handling'

Restart Edge

Spotify

Go to Edit - Preferences

Scroll down to the bottom of the basic settings

In the Display Options, turn off 'Show desktop overlay when using media keys'

DaveM121, Feb 20, 2023
  4. Kem Mon Win User

How to disable the media bar in Windows 11?

Broken Windows Media Player

Hi,

Have you tried running the troubleshooter for WMP? If not, we suggest that you try to run the troubleshooter and
    see if it helps. To run the troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Click on
      Programs.

• Under
      Media
      Player, click on
      Windows Media Player Settings
      and
      Windows Media Player Library.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Feb 20, 2023
Thema:

How to disable the media bar in Windows 11?

1. How to disable the media bar in Windows 11? - Similar Threads - disable media bar

2. How to disabled search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disabled search bar: Hello, I wish to disable the search bar to prevent users from typing into it. I used to did by going to this directoryC:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy and renaming the searchUI.exe. Now I am using windows 10 PRO version 19044 and i realized the...
  3. How to disabled search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disabled search bar: Hello, I wish to disable the search bar to prevent users from typing into it. I used to did by going to this directoryC:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy and renaming the searchUI.exe. Now I am using windows 10 PRO version 19044 and i realized the...
  4. How to disable the media bar in Windows 11?

How to disable the media bar in Windows 11?: When I am playing video and need to grab a section with the snipping tool, the media bar covers important parts that I am trying to grab. i move my mouse away it disappears, but when i try to snip, the darn thing slides right back up and in the way. its very annoying.is there...
  5. How to disable Edge bar in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Edge bar in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]In this tutorial, we will show you how to disable the Edge bar in Microsoft Edge on a Windows 11/10 computer. Edge bar (formerly known as Web Widget) is a Microsoft Edge feature that you can use to check weather information, stock quotes, see news headlines, search...
  6. How to Enable or Disable Desktop Search Bar in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to Enable or Disable Desktop Search Bar in Windows 11: [IMG]The Desktop search bar in Windows 11 appears on the desktop outside of the Widgets panel. It helps you access web search results directly from your desktop without opening a browser. As of right now, the feature is available for only a limited number of users, so it may...
  7. How to disable the media bar in Windows 11 system tray?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable the media bar in Windows 11 system tray?: As in the picture below, I get these kind of media control popups whenever I play any media such as YouTube in Chrome browser. Even if the media is not playing or I have closed that website in the browser, the notification will still be there and is not dismissible. Any idea...
  8. How to disable the media bar in Windows 11 system tray?

How to disable the media bar in Windows 11 system tray?: As in the picture below, I get these kind of media control popups whenever I play any media such as YouTube in Chrome browser. Even if the media is not playing or I have closed that website in the browser, the notification will still be there and is not dismissible. Any idea...
  9. How to disable the File Explorer Command Bar in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable the File Explorer Command Bar in Windows 11: [ATTACH]With the new version of the Windows operating system came a flurry of UI and design updates. One of the more significant design changes, at least for me, was in the File Explorer. From the looks of it, Microsoft has scraped off the conventional ribbon that would...
  10. How to Disable the Charms Bar

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Disable the Charms Bar: I had to factory reset my computer a few days ago, I seem to have to do it every two years or so, and now the "Charms Bar" is greatly hindering my movement! Every time I move my mouse around, there's a 75% chance that the bar will pop up and I will have to click away to close...