Windows 10: How to disable news and interest in Windows 11 widget

Discus and support How to disable news and interest in Windows 11 widget in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I want to keep the widget on my task bar, however I don't want the new stories to show. I've hide a bunch of them and they still end up showing, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by HaylieAnn, Oct 22, 2021.

1. HaylieAnn Win User

How to disable news and interest in Windows 11 widget

I want to keep the widget on my task bar, however I don't want the new stories to show. I've hide a bunch of them and they still end up showing, but I'm constantly having to hide them all since there are sooooo many. How do I disable the top stories, and the news and interest without turning off my widgets. I ONLY want the weather to show.I've uninstalled microsoft news but I'm still seeing the news stories.

:)

HaylieAnn, Oct 22, 2021
  2. thomaseg1 Win User

KB5000626 Windows 10 Insider Preview Dev Build 21301.1010 Feb. 1 Insider

Windows 10’s taskbar is getting a big update with new weather and news widget - The Verge
    To disable the taskbar news widget, use these steps:

• Right-click the taskbar on Windows 10.
    • Select the News and interests menu and choose the Hidden option. Disable taskbar News and Interests.
    • (Optional) Select the Show icon only option if you want to keep the widget using less space in the taskbar.
    I don't know if it works

It works

thomaseg1, Oct 22, 2021
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    How to disable the windows resize widget.

Hi Carl,

The resizing widget on your screen isn't part of Windows 10, so it's possible that it's showing up due to a third-party program. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer before this started happening?

As an initial recommendation, we suggest performing a clean boot to find out if this behavior is caused
    by a third-party program. This will load Windows with minimal drivers and programs, preventing software conflicts from occurring. If the widget doesn't appear in a clean boot environment, check the section How to determine what is causing
    the problem by performing a clean boot
    for what to do next.

Note: To return your computer back to normal, check the section How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting.

Additionally, we've found similar threads where this happens with Dell devices. If your computer was manufactured by Dell, check if you have an app called
    Dell Premier Color. If you have this app, follow these steps:

• If you can see this app icon in the taskbar or the system tray, right-click it and choose
      Disable Display Splitter.
    • If it's not in your taskbar or system tray, launch the app from the Start menu.
    • Click Advanced in the upper right corner.
    • On the left panel, click Display Splitter.
    • Uncheck Display Splitter on.

If your computer was manufactured by MSI, this happens when Desktop Partition is enabled in the
    True Color app. To disable it, follow these steps:

• Launch the True Color app from the Start menu.
    • Go to the Tools tab.
    • Disable the Desktop Partition On option.

We look forward to your response and the results of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Oct 22, 2021
  4. jimbo45 Win User

KB5000626 Windows 10 Insider Preview Dev Build 21301.1010 Feb. 1 Insider

Hi there

After a reboot it's gone --

Thanks !!!

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Oct 22, 2021
Thema:

1. How to disable news and interest in Windows 11 widget - Similar Threads - disable news interest

2. News and interest widget

in Windows 10 Gaming
    News and interest widget: How do you turn on the News and interest widget on window 11 task bar. I have Version 22H2 Build 22621.382 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interest-widget/d3a5ef40-f567-4abb-b9c2-e87095203916
  3. News and interest widget

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    News and interest widget: How do you turn on the News and interest widget on window 11 task bar. I have Version 22H2 Build 22621.382 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interest-widget/d3a5ef40-f567-4abb-b9c2-e87095203916
  4. widget news and interest

in Windows 10 Gaming
    widget news and interest: News and Interest got chinese characters after updating Windows 11. I dont know how to configure it so I need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/widget-news-and-interest/33e9f52f-613c-4d91-bc3c-49e9ab77168b
  5. widget news and interest

widget news and interest: News and Interest got chinese characters after updating Windows 11. I dont know how to configure it so I need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/widget-news-and-interest/33e9f52f-613c-4d91-bc3c-49e9ab77168b
  6. Windows 11 News and Interest Widget/

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 News and Interest Widget/: When I first opened my new Windows 11 laptop, there was a News and Interest Widget at the left end of the taskbar. I had to re-install Windows about 3 days later and the widget disappeared. How do I get it back? All the instructions about right-clicking on the taskbar are...
  7. Windows 11 News and Interest Widget/

Windows 11 News and Interest Widget/: When I first opened my new Windows 11 laptop, there was a News and Interest Widget at the left end of the taskbar. I had to re-install Windows about 3 days later and the widget disappeared. How do I get it back? All the instructions about right-clicking on the taskbar are...
  8. Disable Windows 11 Widgets News Widgets or Manage Interests Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Windows 11 Widgets News Widgets or Manage Interests Not Working: I am seeking a way to turn off the obnoxious news stories feed in the widgets of Windows 11. I despise them. I would like there to just be weather and nothing else. I do not see a way to turn it off, so I clicked settings, clicked "manage interests", and this page Microsoft...
  9. Disable Windows 11 Widgets News Widgets or Manage Interests Not Working

Disable Windows 11 Widgets News Widgets or Manage Interests Not Working: I am seeking a way to turn off the obnoxious news stories feed in the widgets of Windows 11. I despise them. I would like there to just be weather and nothing else. I do not see a way to turn it off, so I clicked settings, clicked "manage interests", and this page Microsoft...
  10. How to disable news and interest in Windows 11 widget

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable news and interest in Windows 11 widget: I want to keep the widget on my task bar, however I don't want the new stories to show. I've hide a bunch of them and they still end up showing, but I'm constantly having to hide them all since there are sooooo many. How do I disable the top stories, and the news and interest...