Windows 10: How to connect via rdp to main Microsoft account

Discus and support How to connect via rdp to main Microsoft account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; HelloI'm trying to connect via rdp to my main account on my pc by android rdp app. I cannot get what username and password enter. I made up another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tomasz Szymański, Oct 2, 2023.

1. How to connect via rdp to main Microsoft account

HelloI'm trying to connect via rdp to my main account on my pc by android rdp app. I cannot get what username and password enter. I made up another test local user and rdp for this user works good. But I want to login by my main account. I'm logged by Microsoft account and I'm using pin as password. I have changed my ms password, pin and I still can't connect. How to reset access local password to this account?

:)

Tomasz Szymański, Oct 2, 2023

2. Microsoft Account and Authentication during RDP

Hello, trying to RDP to my windows 10 (fall creators update) via RDP but the RDP client always fails with invalid credential.

I have tried the combinations:

• Microsoft account primary alias and Microsoft account password
    • Local username associated with my Microsoft account and Microsoft account password
    Neither is accepted for sign in. I have Mobile sign in enabled on my account so I technically never entered my password here.

Lambros Vasiliou, Oct 2, 2023
  3. BennyBron Win User
    RDP connection to computer with microsoft account

Hello,
    I am trying to setup RDP connection between two Windows 10 machines. The PC from which the connection is opened is using a local account while the PC that I'm trying to connect to is using a Microsoft account.

Upon entering the string MicrosoftAccount\L: [email protected] with the correct password no connection is established.

Thank you in advance,
    Benny.

BennyBron, Oct 2, 2023
  4. How to connect via rdp to main Microsoft account

RDP connection fails from Microsoft account to Local Admin account

Issue:

• Windows 10 Pro desktop cannot connect to another Windows 10 Pro desktop on the same wired network.
    Details:

• When connection is attempted, an error states the credentials are invalid.
    • The credentials entered are the local admin account on the target computer.
      • Computer attempting the connection is logged into the Microsoft account.
    • When both computers were running Windows 7 Pro - there were no RDP issues.
    Troubleshooting:

• Confirmed credentials are correct and CAPS is turned off.
    • Firewall rule for Remote Desktop is enabled and option is enabled in the System Properties.
      • Connection to target computer is successful using a Samsung Galaxy Tab S that is connected to the WLAN.
    • Downloaded Remote Desktop app from the Windows Store.
      • Encounter the same "Invalid Credentials" error as the Remote Desktop Connection software.
    • Updated firmware for router (Netgear R6300).
    • Power cycled both desktops.
    Resolution:

• Logging into the Microsoft account on the remote computer resolved the issue.
    Conclusion:

• When you're trying to establish a Remote Desktop Connection from a computer that is logged into your Microsoft account to a computer that is logged in to the Local Admin account, the connection will fail stating the credentials are invalid.

afluxnions, Oct 2, 2023
Thema:

How to connect via rdp to main Microsoft account

1. How to connect via rdp to main Microsoft account - Similar Threads - connect via rdp

2. How to connect via rdp to main Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to connect via rdp to main Microsoft account: HelloI'm trying to connect via rdp to my main account on my pc by android rdp app. I cannot get what username and password enter. I made up another test local user and rdp for this user works good. But I want to login by my main account. I'm logged by Microsoft account and...
  3. Title: RDP-Connection via SSLVPN gives "internal Error"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Title: RDP-Connection via SSLVPN gives "internal Error": There is an RDP farm with 3 RDP terminal servers in our customer environment. When connected to the RDP server via our SSLVPN product, it gives the "internal error". The Problem gets up when one RDS server distributes the RDP connection to another RDS server because of load...
  4. Title: RDP-Connection via SSLVPN gives "internal Error"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Title: RDP-Connection via SSLVPN gives "internal Error": There is an RDP farm with 3 RDP terminal servers in our customer environment. When connected to the RDP server via our SSLVPN product, it gives the "internal error". The Problem gets up when one RDS server distributes the RDP connection to another RDS server because of load...
  5. Microsoft Server 2019. Trying to connect devices via USB to a RDP connection but it is not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Server 2019. Trying to connect devices via USB to a RDP connection but it is not...: I am trying to connect some Microsoft teams' phone Yealink WH67 to a thin client via USB that is using connection manager and is an RDP connection on a windows 2019 server, but the devices are not working correclty. I am also trying to connect some AverMedia webcams via USB...
  6. Microsoft Server 2019. Trying to connect devices via USB to a RDP connection but it is not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Server 2019. Trying to connect devices via USB to a RDP connection but it is not...: I am trying to connect some Microsoft teams' phone Yealink WH67 to a thin client via USB that is using connection manager and is an RDP connection on a windows 2019 server, but the devices are not working correclty. I am also trying to connect some AverMedia webcams via USB...
  7. Microsoft Server 2019. Trying to connect devices via USB to a RDP connection but it is not...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. How to remove the main microsoft account on my windows account

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove the main microsoft account on my windows account: My brother somehow changed my account so that the main microsoft account was his. [ATTACH]T he email in blue is his and I can't find out how to remove it at all. [ATTACH] The account in red is the one I would like to remove, and the one in blue is my account. For the one...
  9. Main Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Main Microsoft account: I'm using a handy down windows 10 computer from a family member with an Microsoft account which is marked the main one It wont let me delete it from settings area. Is there a way around it to get rid of it and put my own on here instead of the first owner of this pc? Thx...
  10. RDP connection to computer with microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    RDP connection to computer with microsoft account: Hello, I am trying to setup RDP connection between two Windows 10 machines. The PC from which the connection is opened is using a local account while the PC that I'm trying to connect to is using a Microsoft account. Upon entering the string...