Windows 10: How to configure WinRM via GPO on Windows computers

Discus and support How to configure WinRM via GPO on Windows computers in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [IMG]WinRM, or Windows Remote Management, is a Microsoft protocol that enables remote management of computers. It is an implementation of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Oct 16, 2024 at 9:57 AM.

1. WinClub New Member

How to configure WinRM via GPO on Windows computers

How to configure WinRM via GPO on Windows computers [​IMG]
    WinRM, or Windows Remote Management, is a Microsoft protocol that enables remote management of computers. It is an implementation of the WS-Management Protocol for managing Windows desktops and servers remotely. In this post, we will discuss how you can configure WinRM via GPO on Windows computers.. Configure WinRM via GPO on Windows computers If you want […]

This article How to configure WinRM via GPO on Windows computers first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

2. VicImp Win User

Unable to configure WinRM on domain user

Hi everyone,

I'm unable to configure WinRM on a domain computer. I have a simple domain with

1) Windows server 2012

2) A client running Windows 7

If I try to run WinRM on the local Administrator, everything works fine, but if I switch to a domain user, than problems occured.

For example, if i run winrm quickconfig in powershell as the domain Administrator, then I get:

WinRM already is set up to receive requests on this machine.

WSManFault

Message = WinRM cannot process the request. The following error occured while using Negotiate authentication: An unknown security error occurred.

Possible causes are:

-The user name or password specified are invalid.

-Kerberos is used when no authentication method and no user name are specified.

-Kerberos accepts domain user names, but not local user names.

-The Service Principal Name (SPN) for the remote computer name and port does not exist.

-The client and remote computers are in different domains and there is no trust between the two domains.

After checking for the above issues, try the following:

-Check the Event Viewer for events related to authentication.

-Change the authentication method; add the destination computer to the WinRM TrustedHosts configuration setting or use

HTTPS transport.

Note that computers in the TrustedHosts list might not be authenticated.

-For more information about WinRM configuration, run the following command: winrm help config.

Error number: -2144108387 0x8033809D

An unknown security error occurred.

When i run it as local admin, everything goes well.

So, what am I missing?

3. WinRM Configuration

Hello,

I have a question about the WinRM Configuration. Please see the highlighted row in the picture:

How to configure WinRM via GPO on Windows computers e7c8be47-1ef2-4328-bb2f-00cfbb8c7b30?upload=true.png

What is this used for?
    As far as I know its not the https listener certificate because that is configured somewere else (see output [winrm enumerate winrm/config/listener])

kind regards,

Jeremy

JeremyAlberts-PRV, Oct 16, 2024 at 10:10 AM
  4. Syed_387 Win User

Configure winrm on multiple port listeners

Configure winrm on multiple port listeners

Thema:

1. How to configure WinRM via GPO on Windows computers - Similar Threads - configure WinRM via

2. How to customize Windows Foto App via GPO / XML?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to customize Windows Foto App via GPO / XML?: Hello out there,Maybe someone can contribute to my question onHow to configure the Microsoft Fotos app within Windows 10?The app shows version 2019.19071.12548.0 and is part of the 23H2 release.My interest is in how to disable the welcome screen and how to disable the option...
  3. TEAP GPO configuration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TEAP GPO configuration: I am trying to configure 802.1x authentication method TEAP for Cisco ISE. I was able to create a GPO for Windows 10 but when I try to create it for Windows 11 the authentication method is PEAP. Here is the guide I used...
  4. TEAP GPO configuration

TEAP GPO configuration: I am trying to configure 802.1x authentication method TEAP for Cisco ISE. I was able to create a GPO for Windows 10 but when I try to create it for Windows 11 the authentication method is PEAP. Here is the guide I used...
  5. Configure winrm on multiple port listeners

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Configure winrm on multiple port listeners: Configure winrm on multiple port listeners https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/configure-winrm-on-multiple-port-listeners/3083ad09-5c46-44b1-96c3-109f5ec709cd
  6. Configure winrm on multiple port listeners

Configure winrm on multiple port listeners: Configure winrm on multiple port listeners https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/configure-winrm-on-multiple-port-listeners/3083ad09-5c46-44b1-96c3-109f5ec709cd
  7. WinRM Configuration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WinRM Configuration: Hello,I have a question about the WinRM Configuration. Please see the highlighted row in the picture:What is this used for?As far as I know its not the https listener certificate because that is configured somewere else see output [winrm enumerate winrm/config/listener]kind...
  8. WinRM Configuration

WinRM Configuration: Hello,I have a question about the WinRM Configuration. Please see the highlighted row in the picture:What is this used for?As far as I know its not the https listener certificate because that is configured somewere else see output [winrm enumerate winrm/config/listener]kind...
  9. unable to push configured GPO for latest window

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to push configured GPO for latest window: hi dear i can't push this TCP/IP configuration from my active directory to window 10 because it is Supported on: Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, and Windows 2000 Service Pack 1 operating systems only...so what can i do? i will wait your swift response please...
  10. Default printer via GPO

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Default printer via GPO: hey all , im trying to set default printer on the client PC via GPO can someone guide me how to do that ? 178471