Windows 10: How to change/switch Microsoft account on Windows 10 while signed out of computer

Discus and support How to change/switch Microsoft account on Windows 10 while signed out of computer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have this pc and it's logged in a local account for how many years now but I switched it to a Microsoft account, I added 2 Microsoft accounts and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Keira Ryugi, Oct 22, 2024 at 8:12 AM.

1. How to change/switch Microsoft account on Windows 10 while signed out of computer

I have this pc and it's logged in a local account for how many years now but I switched it to a Microsoft account, I added 2 Microsoft accounts and then shut my pc off, I'm pretty clueless and I thought I'm just basically changing profiles and nothing more. I didn't know that upon changing to a local account to a microsoft account your password would be changed when you sign in back to your pc, I thought it'll just be the same as the password I usually type in but now it's asking me to use a pin or my Microsoft account password1st of all I don't remember setting up a pin.2nd of all I ended up

:)

2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

3. Kari Win User
    Microsoft Account how to change

To change Windows sign-in Microsoft account:
    1. Switch to local account (tutorial)
    2. Switch to new Microsoft account (tutorial)

4. Kari Win User

How to change/switch Microsoft account on Windows 10 while signed out of computer

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Thema:

How to change/switch Microsoft account on Windows 10 while signed out of computer

1. How to change/switch Microsoft account on Windows 10 while signed out of computer - Similar Threads - change switch Microsoft

2. How to change/switch Microsoft account on Windows 10 while signed out of computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change/switch Microsoft account on Windows 10 while signed out of computer: I have this pc and it's logged in a local account for how many years now but I switched it to a Microsoft account, I added 2 Microsoft accounts and then shut my pc off, I'm pretty clueless and I thought I'm just basically changing profiles and nothing more. I didn't know that...
  3. How to change/switch Microsoft account on Windows 10 while signed out of computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to change/switch Microsoft account on Windows 10 while signed out of computer: I have this pc and it's logged in a local account for how many years now but I switched it to a Microsoft account, I added 2 Microsoft accounts and then shut my pc off, I'm pretty clueless and I thought I'm just basically changing profiles and nothing more. I didn't know that...
  4. Can't Sign out my Microsoft Account out of Windows! Can't Switch to Local Account!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Sign out my Microsoft Account out of Windows! Can't Switch to Local Account!: Recently i logged into my windows using a microsoft account i recently created and now i can't sign out of it or switch to a local accountI don't know what really went wrong but i can't really sign it out, i can sign out my university account thoughSFC scan won't...
  5. Can't Sign out my Microsoft Account out of Windows! Can't Switch to Local Account!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Sign out my Microsoft Account out of Windows! Can't Switch to Local Account!: Recently i logged into my windows using a microsoft account i recently created and now i can't sign out of it or switch to a local accountI don't know what really went wrong but i can't really sign it out, i can sign out my university account thoughSFC scan won't...
  6. How to sign out of your Microsoft account on Windows 10?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to sign out of your Microsoft account on Windows 10?: Hey guys, I'm aware that I'm suppose to go to account settings and press sign in with local account but it doesn't showand yes I'm admin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-sign-out-of-your-microsoft-account-on/257e9967-fcd6-4261-b3f1-217d68f90f04
  7. How to sign out of your Microsoft account on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to sign out of your Microsoft account on Windows 10?: Hey guys, I'm aware that I'm suppose to go to account settings and press sign in with local account but it doesn't showand yes I'm admin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-sign-out-of-your-microsoft-account-on/257e9967-fcd6-4261-b3f1-217d68f90f04
  8. How to sign out of your Microsoft account on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Sign out of Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sign out of Microsoft account: I am returning my laptop to store how can I remove my microsoft account from it before returning Also the screen is damaged it is not visible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-out-of-microsoft-account/79d313ff-37a7-435f-b659-586498d74e6b
  10. How to sign out of Microsoft account in Windows10?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to sign out of Microsoft account in Windows10?: I recently made the mistake of logging into my Microsoft account from my local Windows 10 account, without realizing that Microsoft would essentially hijack this account and wouldn't let me log out of it and convert it back to a local account. From everything I can see, it...