Windows 10: How to change from child account to local account

Discus and support How to change from child account to local account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been looking for this for a while. I signed into a child account in Microsoft Family and want to change back to a local account because it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by unidentified, Jul 13, 2023.

1. How to change from child account to local account

I have been looking for this for a while. I signed into a child account in Microsoft Family and want to change back to a local account because it's restricting me from Google I am using Microsoft Edge by the way. I have looked and cannot see a single button that says "change to a local account" I've tried everything, lusrmgr.msc, Microsoft Family Safety, and still no answer! The account isn't locked but HOW DO I GET OUT OF THIS MESS?

:)

unidentified, Jul 13, 2023
  2. JS1701 Win User

Can a local user be changed to a child account?

Windows 10 Home
    ver 1909

Hello,

I'm trying to see if there's a way to change a local account (standard user) to a child account so it can be managed in the Microsoft Family?

I tried to follow the steps here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...1-c8f8cca1d52f

but there's no option for "family and other users".

They do not have Microsoft accounts. Do I need to basically create a new child account at Windows setup?

Any assistance appreciated.

JS1701, Jul 13, 2023
  3. Child account

I did set up a Child account, I did fallow all the steps window ask, the account say that the child is in the family, when I tried to log, give me the message "The Profile Service service Failed The Sign-in. User Profile cannot be loaded".

Answering your questions:

• Did you make any changes to the child account prior to the issue? No, I did not make any changes.
    • Since when you are facing this issue? Right from the start. I never got to login.
    • Are you able to login with other child accounts on the computer? No
    I suggest you to restart the computer once and check if you are able to login to the computer. I did, the same problem, I do not have any problem with my account or my wife.

Thank you for your help.

David.

David EDongo Sr, Jul 13, 2023
  4. dalchina Win User

How to change from child account to local account

Can a local user be changed to a child account?

Hi please see:
    Add or Remove Child Member for Microsoft Family Group in Windows 10
    This is necessary in order to set up the means of monitoring and controlling the restricted account, and provide its features.

dalchina, Jul 13, 2023
Thema:

How to change from child account to local account

1. How to change from child account to local account - Similar Threads - change child account

2. how to switch windows 10 child account to local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how to switch windows 10 child account to local account: i saw someone asking the same question but i still can't change it below "your family" it only said we can't connect to Microsoft family on this device might not be up to date I was thinking what dose that matter for a long time....
  3. how to switch windows 10 child account to local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to switch windows 10 child account to local account: i saw someone asking the same question but i still can't change it below "your family" it only said we can't connect to Microsoft family on this device might not be up to date I was thinking what dose that matter for a long time....
  4. How to change from child account to local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change from child account to local account: I have been looking for this for a while. I signed into a child account in Microsoft Family and want to change back to a local account because it's restricting me from Google I am using Microsoft Edge by the way. I have looked and cannot see a single button that says "change...
  5. How to change from child account to local account

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change from child account to local account: I have been looking for this for a while. I signed into a child account in Microsoft Family and want to change back to a local account because it's restricting me from Google I am using Microsoft Edge by the way. I have looked and cannot see a single button that says "change...
  6. Can a local user be changed to a child account?

Can a local user be changed to a child account?: Windows 10 Home ver 1909 Hello, I'm trying to see if there's a way to change a local account (standard user) to a child account so it can be managed in the Microsoft Family? I tried to follow the steps here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...1-c8f8cca1d52f but there's...
  7. how to change an account from a child to an adult

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to change an account from a child to an adult: How to change an account from a child to an adult https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-an-account-from-a-child-to-an-adult/d4112f81-8f9e-4d12-8684-d829f8bcc331
  8. How to change a windows 10 local child account to a microsoft outlook child account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change a windows 10 local child account to a microsoft outlook child account?: I created a window 10 standard user account for my child. I did not know how to create a child microsoft outlook email account at the time I created the windows 10 login for my child. I now have a child's outlook email that I want the windows 10 child account to link to. How...
  9. How to change a child account to an adult account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change a child account to an adult account?: My account is set as a child account and i want to change it to an adult account but i don't know how. On other posts i saw you have to wait till the birth date is 18+ or something but it is set as the year 1979. Btw i play on pc not xbox 360 or one. Please help!...
  10. How to change admin account to child account

How to change admin account to child account: Hi I recently upgraded a HP computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10 pro using the Windows update/free Upgrade. How can I change my childs admin account to a child account? The account is registered With a Microsoft account and i have added my Microsoft account as a...