Windows 10: How to change a computer's ownership

Discus and support How to change a computer's ownership in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; HelloI have a computer laptop with my Microsoft Account. I want to give this computer to another person with a different Microsoft Account to own. So... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CraigCB, Jun 19, 2023.

1. CraigCB Win User

How to change a computer's ownership

HelloI have a computer laptop with my Microsoft Account. I want to give this computer to another person with a different Microsoft Account to own. So when this other person logs in turns on the computer they can see their name and enter their PIN as if they bought the computer themselves.How can I do this?thank you very muchCraig

:)

CraigCB, Jun 19, 2023

2. change ownership of computer

I want to change the ownership of an ACER computer.

JAMESREED2, Jun 19, 2023
  3. MarthaZea Win User
    change ownership of computer using windows 7

change ownership of computer using windows 7

MarthaZea, Jun 19, 2023
  4. Gino Des Win User

Changed Ownership of C:\ and Can't Fix

Hi Greg,

Let's get this issue sorted. To better assist you with this concern, we would like to know the following information:

• Which account is the new owner of the C drive?
    • Are you using an account with administrator rights?
    • Have you tried changing the ownership back to yourself?

In the meantime, let's try taking back the ownership by following the steps provided by
    BurrWalnut in the following thread:
    Is there a way to take ownership of my C drive?

You may also perform a repair upgrade using a
    Creators Update ISO
    file. This method can repair broken operating system files while preserving your files, settings and installed applications. For more information and steps on how to perform a repair upgrade, kindly refer to the wiki article created
    by Andre Da Costa on the following link:
    How to perform a repair upgrade using the Windows 10 ISO file

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Jun 19, 2023
Thema:

1. How to change a computer's ownership - Similar Threads - change computer's ownership

2. How to change a computer's ownership

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change a computer's ownership: HelloI have a computer laptop with my Microsoft Account. I want to give this computer to another person with a different Microsoft Account to own. So when this other person logs in turns on the computer they can see their name and enter their PIN as if they bought the...
  3. How to change a computer's ownership

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to change a computer's ownership: HelloI have a computer laptop with my Microsoft Account. I want to give this computer to another person with a different Microsoft Account to own. So when this other person logs in turns on the computer they can see their name and enter their PIN as if they bought the...
  4. Changing PC ownership

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing PC ownership: I recently acquired this Dell Windows 10 computer from a friend who bought himself a fancy new gaming PC. How do I transfer the Microsoft account from him to me?. I want to be able to use some of the software he purchased or downloaded. I also need to renew the Microsoft...
  5. Changing PC ownership

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing PC ownership: I recently acquired this Dell Windows 10 computer from a friend who bought himself a fancy new gaming PC. How do I transfer the Microsoft account from him to me?. I want to be able to use some of the software he purchased or downloaded. I also need to renew the Microsoft...
  6. Changing PC ownership

7. How do i change ownership of my computer to my son?

How do i change ownership of my computer to my son?: How do i change ownership of my computer to my son? When he signs into the computer under his own passwords, he still sees all my activity....
  8. change ownership

in Windows 10 Customization
    change ownership: I am giving a friend my old laptop how do I change the name of the computer and change the lock screen and create a new admin acct? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-ownership/3b3af5b9-868f-473e-8705-9126a83dc9d6
  9. Changing ownership

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing ownership: Does changing ownership creates problems? I'm still not able to remove grayscale of encryption in advanced security menu. Help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-ownership/e4bf2f9e-2046-43cd-b02c-0a888279b521
  10. computer ownership

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    computer ownership: My niece gave me her old computer because it wasn't working. I replaced the mother board, and it is working now. It had windows 8.1 on it. I installed windows 10. How do I take this computer off of her microsoft account and put it on my microsoft account....