Windows 10: How to bypass the password login on Win 10?

Discus and support How to bypass the password login on Win 10? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi! I have an old PC at my old house, which I haven't used for 3 years. I have tried many passwords that I could think of even the hint didn't help,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DazDS, Sep 9, 2023.

1. DazDS Win User

How to bypass the password login on Win 10?

Hi! I have an old PC at my old house, which I haven't used for 3 years. I have tried many passwords that I could think of even the hint didn't help, but it didn't work. The account is the administrator, so it won't allow me to modify it in any way. I have tried a method related to this, but I cannot find the PasswordLess folder in regedit. What can I do? I do not wish to clean up my PC and lose everything as I wanted to login to see the files

:)

DazDS, Sep 9, 2023

2. Bypassing Win 10 login PIN/password from startup

The original question posed by

Bypassing Win 10 login PIN/password from startup

I inherited a laptop running Win 10 (64 bit) with a single User Admin account, for which I have no information on how to get into it. All the online suggestions I have come across start from already being into the system, (e.g. Win+R, regedit, etc.). Even forced restarting to get to the Automatic Recovery screen only takes me as far as the User Name, and then prompting for a password which I don't have.

As a pensioner I am asking for baby steps guidance past this issue, please.

Regards,

Miles

Reply received from Douglas R. of *** Email address is removed for privacy ***:

• This option shows me how to obtain the Windows Media Creation Tool ()
    • The next two options (shown below) ALSO show me how to get/use the Windows Media Creation Tool
    • None of these options address the question I posed: how to get into a laptop for which I have no password.
    • I have copied above my original question for reference. I will now try to restate the issue I need help with, as follows:
      • I inherited a laptop from its original owner
      • It is a Windows 10 (64 bit) system with a single User/Administrator account.
      • For clarity let’s call it “User Name”
      • Neither the original buyer nor I have a PIN or a password to be able to get into it
      • When powering up I am asked for a PIN or a password, which I do not have.
      • All attempts to get around this obstacle end up back at the “User Name” and prompting for a password, like an endless circular reference.
      • I need to know if there is any way to get around this obstacle FROM A STARTUP POSITION. Solutions so far offered only work if you are already in the laptop, not just trying to get in.
      • Is it possible to fix this?
      • I am willing to start from scratch by formatting the HDD and reinstalling the OS, if only I can access the machine.
    • Please advise.

MilesJoshua1, Sep 9, 2023
  3. How do you opt out of the W8.1 password login?

I just set up a laptop for a friend by DLing ALL the W8 updates, and then installing the 8.1 free update, but it makes you choose a password login. In searching I've found a way to turn that off by unchecking the password option in the user account settings, and it now bypasses it on restart and initial bootup, but it doesn't completely remove this annoying feature. Any time the clock/screensaver kicks in, it still asks for a password.

Does anyone know how to completely bypass the password login option for W8.1?

Frag Maniac, Sep 9, 2023
  4. fdm2000 Win User

Ways to bypass the login theme and signin do not work

Tried setting netplwiz in option 1 step 4 which shows no check in users must enter ..... no bypass of login

Tried step 4 in option 5 below to disable require sign-on on wakeup via policy via registry but still no change on wakeup still getting the screen picture that requires hitting Esc to move to the sign in window which shows a silhouette image, my user name and a sign in button in order to access my desktop screen. Guess I will have to live with the extra steps.

Again thanks for your interest and suggestions.

fdm2000, Sep 9, 2023
Thema:

1. How to bypass the password login on Win 10? - Similar Threads - bypass password login

2. How to bypass the password login on Win 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to bypass the password login on Win 10?: Hi! I have an old PC at my old house, which I haven't used for 3 years. I have tried many passwords that I could think of even the hint didn't help, but it didn't work. The account is the administrator, so it won't allow me to modify it in any way. I have tried a method...
  3. How to bypass the password login on Win 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to bypass the password login on Win 10?: Hi! I have an old PC at my old house, which I haven't used for 3 years. I have tried many passwords that I could think of even the hint didn't help, but it didn't work. The account is the administrator, so it won't allow me to modify it in any way. I have tried a method...
  4. Bypassing Win 10 login PIN/password from startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bypassing Win 10 login PIN/password from startup: I inherited a laptop running Win 10 64 bit with a single User Admin account, for which Ihave no information on how to get into it. All the online suggestions I have come across start from already being into the system, e.g. Win+R, regedit etc.. Even forced restarting to get...
  5. Bypassing Win 10 login PIN/password from startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Bypassing Win 10 login PIN/password from startup: I inherited a laptop running Win 10 64 bit with a single User Admin account, for which Ihave no information on how to get into it. All the online suggestions I have come across start from already being into the system, e.g. Win+R, regedit etc.. Even forced restarting to get...
  6. How to bypass the password login on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to bypass the password login on Windows 10?: I can no longer find a way to logon to Windows 10 without having to enter my password. Seemingly due to recent changes resulting from uploading the most recent versions of Windows 10. IMPORTANT: I had also done a Windows 10 reinstall with the latest updates.Note: I prefer to...
  7. How to bypass the password login on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to bypass the password login on Windows 10?: I can no longer find a way to logon to Windows 10 without having to enter my password. Seemingly due to recent changes resulting from uploading the most recent versions of Windows 10. IMPORTANT: I had also done a Windows 10 reinstall with the latest updates.Note: I prefer to...
  8. How to bypass the password login on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Bypass login password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bypass login password: I have just purchased a new Dell Desktop which comes with Win 10. Whilst I appreciate MS's concern over security, I suspect that I should be more concerned about losing my credir=t cards or car keys than someone running off with my desktop, which only contains my personell...
  10. How to Bypass Login Password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to Bypass Login Password: I want to sign into Windows without a password, So I un-ticked "Users must enter a user name and password..." in User Accounts (See below). Now when I boot up, the Password screen is bypassed, and all is good. But when I simply log out of my account, I have to enter a...