Windows 10: How to Allow An App

Discus and support How to Allow An App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Firestick issue. Downloaded DOWNLOADER then url for IPTV Smarters Pro. When logging in says invalid details. It is also installed on my phone and works... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Phyllis McClanahan, Jun 29, 2024 at 3:32 PM.

1. How to Allow An App

Firestick issue. Downloaded DOWNLOADER then url for IPTV Smarters Pro. When logging in says invalid details. It is also installed on my phone and works fine with my login account. Internet provider confirmed nothing on their end is blocking it, something in Microsoft Security is blocking it. Any help s appreciated.

:)

Phyllis McClanahan, Jun 29, 2024 at 3:32 PM
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. How to Allow An App :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

3. dalchina Win User
    Block ALL Programs Except Allowed Ones

You can block programs using Windows Defender, for example (ignore the strange title): Please Wait... | Cloudflare E.g.

4. John Sarc Win User

How to Allow An App

Windows Firewall blocks App Store from downloading new apps

Hi,

Let's try to check if the app store you're referring to if it's really blocked by Windows Firewall. See these steps:

• Open Windows Firewall from the taskbar >
      Firewall & network protection
      > Allow an app through firewall.
    • A new window will show up containing the list of the apps that ca be allowed through Firewall.
    • Look for the app you want to be accessed, and make sure that the Domain, Private and Public are ticked. That would allow the app store to be accessed.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestion.

Thema:

How to Allow An App

1. How to Allow An App - Similar Threads - Allow App

2. How to Allow An App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Allow An App: Firestick issue. Downloaded DOWNLOADER then url for IPTV Smarters Pro. When logging in says invalid details. It is also installed on my phone and works fine with my login account. Internet provider confirmed nothing on their end is blocking it, something in Microsoft Security...
  3. No “Yes” button for pop out ‘Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?’

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No “Yes” button for pop out ‘Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?’: Hi. Hope somone can help me with this As per image attached, I am unable to open any app that requires me to allow them to open. There is no “Yes” button.And certainly do not know how to enter admin username & password as asked where though?Please help me with this...
  4. No “Yes” button for pop out ‘Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?’

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No “Yes” button for pop out ‘Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?’: Hi. Hope somone can help me with this As per image attached, I am unable to open any app that requires me to allow them to open. There is no “Yes” button.And certainly do not know how to enter admin username & password as asked where though?Please help me with this...
  5. I had an app that allowed me to create three drop-down categories on desktop to store...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I had an app that allowed me to create three drop-down categories on desktop to store...: I became very accustomed to having three categories which I called work files, personal files, and programs. The app gave me 3 drop down tabs on my desktop and I could drag and drop files to whichever of the three categories I wanted. I thought it was iobit or that I got it...
  6. I had an app that allowed me to create three drop-down categories on desktop to store...

I had an app that allowed me to create three drop-down categories on desktop to store...: I became very accustomed to having three categories which I called work files, personal files, and programs. The app gave me 3 drop down tabs on my desktop and I could drag and drop files to whichever of the three categories I wanted. I thought it was iobit or that I got it...
  7. I had an app that allowed me to create three drop-down categories on desktop to store...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. How to download apps outside of the microsoft store but it won't allow me to change the app...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to download apps outside of the microsoft store but it won't allow me to change the app...: I've been trying to download opera gx on my new ASUS laptop, every time I try to open the file, I get a notification saying i am unable to because it isn't a Microsoft created app. The only options it gives me are to look through the installed apps or just download from the...
  9. How to download apps outside of the microsoft store but it won't allow me to change the app...

How to download apps outside of the microsoft store but it won't allow me to change the app...: I've been trying to download opera gx on my new ASUS laptop, every time I try to open the file, I get a notification saying i am unable to because it isn't a Microsoft created app. The only options it gives me are to look through the installed apps or just download from the...
  10. taskmgr triggering UAC prompt "to allow this app to make changes" to non-admin users

taskmgr triggering UAC prompt "to allow this app to make changes" to non-admin users: After I reinstalled my WIndows 10 UAC is prompting non admin users whenever they start taskmgr.exe via right clicking the taskbar or ctrl-alt-del or start menu. This happens despite Smart Screen / Application Guard on or off.On the other hand, if they start taskmgr from a...