Windows 10: How to add TalkTalk email to Mail app

Discus and support How to add TalkTalk email to Mail app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I’m trying to add a talktalk email to the Mail app not Outlook on a new laptop for a family member and it’s giving me this message every time I try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Nancyb123, Jun 2, 2021.

1. Nancyb123 Win User

How to add TalkTalk email to Mail app

Hi, I’m trying to add a talktalk email to the Mail app not Outlook on a new laptop for a family member and it’s giving me this message every time I try to sync the emails: “We couldnt access this account :talktalk.You might need to update your password or give the account permission to sync to this"The password is correct. The IMAP settings seem to be correct but I can’t change the incoming and outgoing port numbers, not even in advanced settings. I don’t believe talktalk require permission to sync, as I couldn’t find anything when I log into TalkTalk Webmail. How do I resolve this? The lap

:)

Nancyb123, Jun 2, 2021
  2. laxhill45 Win User

Problem sending TalkTalk email on Three network

Hi

What settings did you use to receive email from talktalk please? I can't manage to receive talktalk email

I can send talktalk email on my N73 by changing the "outgoing mail server" to "smtp.o2.co.uk" All the other settings are standard talktalk settings.My phone is O2.

Have you tried changing the outgoing server to the Three network mail server?

laxhill45, Jun 2, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. How to add TalkTalk email to Mail app :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jun 2, 2021
  4. kjdawson1 Win User

Email addresses in People app does not open up in the mail app

I have windows 10. Previously in the people app when you clicked on a persons email you had the option to open the email in the mail app. Now when I click on any persons email whether it is gmail or outlook et al, it no longer gives me a choice to open in the mail app.... rather it just opens up my browser. This is for every email address I have in the people app. One more thing for your clarification. The mail app is synced with the people app because when I insert a name in the "to" box, the email addresses from the contact list show up as options. So I don't think this is a syncing issue. The problem is that you can't use the people app to email anyone because all it does is open up a browser when you click on the emaill address in the people app. Any Suggestions?

kjdawson1, Jun 2, 2021
Thema:

1. How to add TalkTalk email to Mail app - Similar Threads - add TalkTalk email

2. how can I add work email to microsoft mail app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can I add work email to microsoft mail app?: I had an old computer and I added my work email in the mail app. Pretty easy process, simply selected office 365, input my email and got redirected to my work portal and logged in to that, easy. On my new computer I follow the same process, but it then takes me to wher I have...
  3. how can I add work email to microsoft mail app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can I add work email to microsoft mail app?: I had an old computer and I added my work email in the mail app. Pretty easy process, simply selected office 365, input my email and got redirected to my work portal and logged in to that, easy. On my new computer I follow the same process, but it then takes me to wher I have...
  4. how can I add work email to microsoft mail app?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I can't add Email account to Mail app.

I can't add Email account to Mail app.: I can't add my Email account to Mail app. Error code: 0x80070490 as the picture below.I've tried 2 times reset window, but nothing changed.I install "Kaspersky Anti-Virus", scan and the result is safe. I found out that if I turn it on , there will be a dialogue as below. If I...
  6. Can't add an email account to Windows mail app

Can't add an email account to Windows mail app: I cannot add another email in the mail app. I go through the steps but Windows gets stuck on this screen. I've left it for hours but it does not make any progress. Thank you in advance. [ATTACH]...
  7. Add contact from email in Windows10 mail app

Add contact from email in Windows10 mail app: How do I add a contact from an email in Windows10 Mail app? I left clicked on the sender in the received email, but how do I save the sender's email address as a contact? For example in this email sent from Yahoo:- [ATTACH] I can send an email to the contact but there...
  8. how to add email accounts to live mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to add email accounts to live mail: how to add email accounts to live mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-email-accounts-to-live-mail/3f6c0045-4d14-4b4e-9fc0-f2af4ab60aef
  9. How to add another email account (Outlook Mail)?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to add another email account (Outlook Mail)?: I tried to add another email account but the system informs that I need to give account permission to sync or change password. I created an account at Gmail but cannot add it to my laptop because in the Calendar I receive an error message Ox80004005...
  10. How to Save Email in Mail App

in Browsers and Email
    How to Save Email in Mail App: This has to be a dumb question, but I can't figure it out and the help is useless. I have an email that I would like to save on my local hard file... as in Outlook. There is noway to create or open local folders and then use the move "action" Thanks Brian 20371