Windows 10: How to add simple text to photos in photos app

Discus and support How to add simple text to photos in photos app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there, How do I add a simple text caption to a photo in the Windows photo app?I see there are options to add 3D effects, mark ups, motion text,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GMC_365, Dec 26, 2022.

1. GMC_365 Win User

How to add simple text to photos in photos app

Hi there, How do I add a simple text caption to a photo in the Windows photo app?I see there are options to add 3D effects, mark ups, motion text, videos, slideshows, filters, etc. however I cannot see the most basic option for a static 2D text box anywhere.Given this is such a basic function in any other photo editing app on any other platform, and that Windows have added far more complex photo editing options, and that this question has been asked by hundreds of people since at least 2015 & possibly earlier, I cannot help but think that Microsoft have deliberately left this function out

:)

GMC_365, Dec 26, 2022

2. Suggest a simple photo viewer

Please suggest a simple photo viewer for the elderly.

Nothing complicated like XnView, just browsing photos, preferably by date.

The default Windows Photo viewer is great, but it circles for weeks and hardly loads anything new.

TairikuOkami, Dec 26, 2022
  3. btarunr Win User
    New Memorex Mirror for Photos Simplifies Photo Backup

Today’s consumers are looking for simple technology solutions that allow them to swiftly and safely back up their ever-growing digital photo collection. With a quick, one-time software installation, the Memorex Mirror for Photos external hard drive automatically backs up photos when connected to the computer without having to open numerous settings, dialogs or having to navigate multiple menus.

Mirror for Photos is a fast, smart and maintenance-free method of backing up photos and takes the guesswork out of protecting one’s precious memories. Its built-in software automatically runs each time the device is connected to a PC or MAC, finds photos and backs them up. This eliminates the hassle of manually backing up photos each time they are uploaded on a computer. A unique monitoring feature detects when new photos are present and reminds the user to connect Mirror for Photos.

How to add simple text to photos in photos app 116a_thm.jpg

“As people’s digital libraries continue to grow, they understand how critical it is to preserve those moments, yet are often intimidated with the notion of backing up,” said Jess Walton, Memorex brand manager. “Mirror for Photos provides even non tech-savvy users with a quick, simple and maintenance-free method for backing up and protecting precious memories.”

Mirror for Photos’ compact, space-saving design – at 3x5x1/2 inches – also eliminates the need for power cords, thanks to its simple USB-bus powered connection. The product’s user-inspired packaging also boasts easy-to-understand icons that convey product features, attributes and applications.

Memorex Mirror for Photos is available in three sizes, 320GB, 500GB and 640GB, or an estimated capacity of 64,000, 100,000 and 128,000 high-resolution photos* respectively. Mirror for Photos (320GB model) is currently available at Toys“R”Us. Suggested retail prices for capacities are:
    • $79.99 for the 320GB Mirror for Photos
    • $99.99 for the 500GB Mirror for Photos
    • $119.99 for the 640GB Mirror for Photos

btarunr, Dec 26, 2022
  4. Steve C Win User

Replacement for photo viewer

I just use the Photos app for a quick view, otherwise I use Adobe Lightroom to view and edit photos.

Steve C, Dec 26, 2022
Thema:

1. How to add simple text to photos in photos app - Similar Threads - add simple text

2. Simple Photo Editor Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Simple Photo Editor Apps: Everyone knows that the new "photos" editor update is **** so I'm trying to find one similar to the one I used to use. Want I want is a slider that let's you brighten all the colors at once. There used to be one slider that did all the colors. Now you have sliders that do...
  3. Simple Photo Editor Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Simple Photo Editor Apps: Everyone knows that the new "photos" editor update is **** so I'm trying to find one similar to the one I used to use. Want I want is a slider that let's you brighten all the colors at once. There used to be one slider that did all the colors. Now you have sliders that do...
  4. How to add simple text to photos in photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add simple text to photos in photos app: Hi there, How do I add a simple text caption to a photo in the Windows photo app?I see there are options to add 3D effects, mark ups, motion text, videos, slideshows, filters, etc. however I cannot see the most basic option for a static 2D text box anywhere.Given this is such...
  5. How can I add simple text to a photo?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I add simple text to a photo?: Since the latest photos update I'm no longer able to add simple typed text into a photo. I can draw it by mouse which sucks and perhaps even animate text, but I can't see any option to have simple, static, typed text to images. Please Help....
  6. A simple Windows photo import app?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    A simple Windows photo import app?: Is there a simple Windows photo import app that only import videos and photos from an certain folder or SD camera on a Android smartphone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-simple-windows-photo-import-app/d3ea3b0d-ad5b-4c8c-9f35-b2b111aa839e
  7. photos - can't add text to a movie

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    photos - can't add text to a movie: Hi, I'm trying to create videos in Photos. I've tried repairing and resetting the Photos app; the uninstall feature within settings is grayed out. I still cannot add a title card with words or captions to any photo. I've run a recent update, so the version is...
  8. How do add text to a photo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do add text to a photo: I can see how to edit a picture but not to add text https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-add-text-to-a-photo/884ce6af-506b-4fd8-ab2c-8b4608dbb0be
  9. How can I add a second text to the video in the Photo App?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I add a second text to the video in the Photo App?: Provide me with steps to add more than one text to the video in Windows 10 photo app. I have added a text but cannot find how to add another text to my video...
  10. how to add text to a photo in paint windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to add text to a photo in paint windows 10: it would seem like this should be a fairly easy intuitive process BUT NO. Can anybody help me? I'm trying to add text to photos. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-text-to-a-photo-in-paint-windows-10/64ccf04f-c989-4e15-aa6d-82e1241d8932