Windows 10: How to access brothers OLD Microsoft account so he can log into his PC.

Discus and support How to access brothers OLD Microsoft account so he can log into his PC. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have recently replaced my brothers motherboard after breaking it accidentally when trying to upgrade his CPU. I fixed his PC but now when he tries to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Anthony Langley, Nov 3, 2023.

1. How to access brothers OLD Microsoft account so he can log into his PC.

I have recently replaced my brothers motherboard after breaking it accidentally when trying to upgrade his CPU. I fixed his PC but now when he tries to log in, instead of a usual pin request when the pc turns on to access his account, he is being asked to remember his old Microsoft email password? The problem is, i set that password up for him many years ago and he lost the bit of paper with his information on, and i forgot what it was also. His PC does show his old email account name, the issue is when he tried to recover that password via the process on his pc when clicking "forgot password

:)

Anthony Langley, Nov 3, 2023
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

register PC with microsoft; use local account to log in

Just simply log in with your Microsoft Account.
    Switch to Microsoft Account in Windows 10

Just go back to using a local account:
    Switch to Local Account in Windows 10

Hopefully the tutorials are step by step enough.

NavyLCDR, Nov 3, 2023
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 3, 2023
  4. needsleep Win User

How to access brothers OLD Microsoft account so he can log into his PC.

register PC with microsoft; use local account to log in

I bought a used laptop running Win 10 Pro. winver reports 1809.
    How do I register my PC with my Microsoft account?
    But when I'm done, I'd like to use my local account each time to log in.
    Please tell me how to do that.
    I am very new at Win 10, and need step by step instructions.

Thanks,

needsleep, Nov 3, 2023
Thema:

How to access brothers OLD Microsoft account so he can log into his PC.

1. How to access brothers OLD Microsoft account so he can log into his PC. - Similar Threads - access brothers OLD

2. one of the user recently changed his AD account password and now he is unable to access his...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    one of the user recently changed his AD account password and now he is unable to access his...: Hi All,one of our user recently changed his AD account password and now he is unable to access his all network drives.After every each login his AD account gets locked and get the attached error.Please advise.Thanks...
  3. How can I access my brother's outlook email so I can give the information to his attorney?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I access my brother's outlook email so I can give the information to his attorney?: My brother "John Hendrick" is an American and he was arrested in Canada and is currently in jail waiting for his court appearance. The evidence he needs for his defense is in his email account which he does not have access to in jail. How can I access his email so I can give...
  4. How can I access my brother's outlook email so I can give the information to his attorney?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I access my brother's outlook email so I can give the information to his attorney?: My brother "John Hendrick" is an American and he was arrested in Canada and is currently in jail waiting for his court appearance. The evidence he needs for his defense is in his email account which he does not have access to in jail. How can I access his email so I can give...
  5. How can I access my brother's outlook email so I can give the information to his attorney?

6. How to access brothers OLD Microsoft account so he can log into his PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to access brothers OLD Microsoft account so he can log into his PC.: I have recently replaced my brothers motherboard after breaking it accidentally when trying to upgrade his CPU. I fixed his PC but now when he tries to log in, instead of a usual pin request when the pc turns on to access his account, he is being asked to remember his old...
  7. How to access brothers OLD Microsoft account so he can log into his PC.

How to access brothers OLD Microsoft account so he can log into his PC.: I have recently replaced my brothers motherboard after breaking it accidentally when trying to upgrade his CPU. I fixed his PC but now when he tries to log in, instead of a usual pin request when the pc turns on to access his account, he is being asked to remember his old...
  8. Brother logged his email account on Xbox app and now my pc’s account is under his email

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brother logged his email account on Xbox app and now my pc’s account is under his email: So, I have been using my pc for over a year now. I have logged onto everything with my email, let’s call it k@, from the Xbox companion app to the mail app, everything Microsoft related. I log out of my Xbox companion app to let my brother for once go one and talk to his...
  9. So my brothers pc has my account on it and he’s tried to log in today and got this error...

So my brothers pc has my account on it and he’s tried to log in today and got this error...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/GucciPoonTapper [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jo2in3/so_my_brothers_pc_has_my_account_on_it_and_hes/
  10. Upgraded motherboard recently, gave old one to my brother and he immediately activated his...

Upgraded motherboard recently, gave old one to my brother and he immediately activated his...: How screwed am I? submitted by /u/Support_Lyf [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e5pxbb/upgraded_motherboard_recently_gave_old_one_to_my/