Windows 10: How to access an old WHS database.

Discus and support How to access an old WHS database. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have an old WHS server with a large database of archival files. This was the version where the database was separate from the backups so I just kept... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Athena..., Feb 26, 2024.

1. Athena... Win User

How to access an old WHS database.

I have an old WHS server with a large database of archival files. This was the version where the database was separate from the backups so I just kept using it for file storage. Over time, the server has become invisible to other PCs on my network which are now Win10 and Win 11 to the point that I'm now completely unable to access it. I really need to get some photos that I stored there a long time ago and I don't have a clue how to do it. Is it possible to make my old server visible to the Windows 10/11 machines? If so, what exactly is involved? Alternatively, what are the ramificatio

:)

Athena..., Feb 26, 2024
  2. DRDNA Win User

Recover access database

Did you try this yet? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283849

Run the Compact and Repair utility. To do so, follow these steps:
    • If the database is open, close it.
    • On the Tools menu, point to Database Utilities, and then click Compact and Repair Database.
    • In the Database to Compact From dialog box, select the file that you want to compact, and then click Compact.
    • In the Compact Database Into dialog box, enter a new file name, and then click Save.

If the compact and repair does not succeed, you will receive a message stating so. This means the damage is so severe that it cannot be corrected.

DRDNA, Feb 26, 2024
  3. Recover access database

HI,

As Alexfranky suggested, These are some most common reasons due to which an access database file gets corrupted. Whenever you face corruption in your database files, you need to recover the your data and information from them. For more information visit :- Fix Corrupt Access Database using Compact and Repair

Alex Franky, Feb 26, 2024
Thema:

How to access an old WHS database.

1. How to access an old WHS database. - Similar Threads - access old WHS

2. How to access old WHS Windows Server 2003? machine from Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to access old WHS Windows Server 2003? machine from Win 11: Note: I think this is actually a networking issue but I don't see a category for that.I have an old WHS server with a large database of archival files. This was the version where the database was separate from the backups so I just kept using it for file storage. Over time,...
  3. How to access old WHS Windows Server 2003? machine from Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to access old WHS Windows Server 2003? machine from Win 11: Note: I think this is actually a networking issue but I don't see a category for that.I have an old WHS server with a large database of archival files. This was the version where the database was separate from the backups so I just kept using it for file storage. Over time,...
  4. How to access an old WHS database.

How to access an old WHS database.: I have an old WHS server with a large database of archival files. This was the version where the database was separate from the backups so I just kept using it for file storage. Over time, the server has become invisible to other PCs on my network which are now Win10 and Win...
  5. How to open my Access database file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to open my Access database file: I made an access database but now whenever I try to open it it says that it can't be found because the name of the file isn't valid. And when I try to access it from my file explorer it has a lock on it and won't let me open it....
  6. How to open my Access database file

How to open my Access database file: I made an access database but now whenever I try to open it it says that it can't be found because the name of the file isn't valid. And when I try to access it from my file explorer it has a lock on it and won't let me open it....
  7. Database / CRM / MS Access software

Database / CRM / MS Access software: I have some MS Access experience and I really like the whole "build your own form / database / app" flexible concept. The flaw with Access, in my opinion, is the license cost and not being able to host it online. Does anybody have any recommendation on similar software that...
  8. Access database error

Access database error: I have an Access database, that I am running in Access from a O365 subscription. No one else accesses my database. I have a transaction function that executes an update statement when the main form loads. After that, I cannot do anything because I get a "You do not have...
  9. Access Database Problem

Access Database Problem: I am developing an Access database for a local charity which teaches people to use the internet. One field is a tick box flagging that the user is a Member. There are other categories of user (User, Tenant, One to One) and the charity later required a separate field listing...
  10. Running Access databases

in Windows 10 Support
    Running Access databases: Hey guys, I hope I'm in the right section but, here's my problem. I bought this tablet with 10 already installed. I then installed Office 2007. OK no problem so far (my spreadsheets run fine). But then I transferred over a couple of my Access 2007 databases. Each seemed to...